Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Caine

Singleplayer how to get 50k gold for ship?

Hello dear Atlas community,

I haven't been playing ATLAS for a while. Today I was motivated to log in again and I wanted to build a new ship to explore new islands. Suddenly I noticed the ships require a shit ton of gold to be crafted. 50k for a galleon like WTF... I am not even sure my ship could transport such an amount without sinking... How do I get that much gold? Are there any settings I could change to reduce the amount?
I am stranded on an island without sticky resoures and crystal, so I really need to be able to travel again. I thought thats the purpose of the game.
I need your help!!

Kind regards

Sloops are free to build. You can build one and start doing shipwrecks. Get yourself a bear and do low level treasure maps. You'll need a bit of luck to find a suitable place to build. Don't bother with the farmhouse/warehouse/market combo because....just no. You'd have better luck punching a shark to death and surviving. You'll have to decide whether you want to save 5k gold for a schooner, or 18k gold for a Brig......or 50k for a galleon... Keep in mind that if, for example, you build a schooner in a Fine shipyard or higher, the gold cost will increase a little the higher the quality. This is assuming you're playing PvE  (given the post IS in the PvE section)... if you're playing PvP, perhaps one of the PvP players can give you advice on staying alive long enough to build anything. Good Luck

Edited by UnderTaker905
  • Like 1

Ty for your reply, yes I am playing PvE only. 

So summarized building a ship has become very hard and grindy. I did not miss anything. 

Sloops are very slow and only have the capacity to carry like 1,5k gold? If I remember correctly the sloop could not carry a lot.  So the grind would also require a lot of back tracking. 
I don't think thats worth it. Many boring hours on the high sea would be awaiting me.
Is there a particular reason why this change was necessary?

Kind Regards

lvl-5 bottle is usually 1 grid away from where you found a bottle and easily "zerg" by just a regualr (even lvl-1) bear tame. It gives you around 250-300 gold. So it's actually matter of couple days - sailing sloop and digging a treasures. Also check shipwreck. Lvl-10 is around 300 gold. Lvl-18 around 600-700!!! I once got 2 wrecks next to eachother - one lvl-16 another lvl-18. Lucky me!!!)

Then you go Schooner, and things go global. Go to NE island at C6 to catch a high lvl Tiger (caution this island has insane wild animals spawn so building not just a trap but also a shelter - highly recommended). And do all high lvl maps (don't forget to wear an armor and drink grog before fight. Tiger also drinks a grog btw, but his buff goes for only 5 minutes). It's tricky, do to lvl-20 map with tiger but his bleed attack goes long way.

The only thing you should know - if damned warrior (or solder) don't swing his weapon for a while - he buried underground and restore health. So you have to make him swing and avoid attack. To do so - you either move backward or hit him before he hits you. Patience, caution and let the bleed do all work (it's around 5-10% of health per hit).

So you go global. Do treasure. Put couple of ballistas to stern and do whales quests. Do mermaid quest. And do alot of discoveries. I personally go to a grid for the first time (if there is no goldens there), dig treasure, and do all landfalls this grid.

So count this phase of a game as "earning gold and max levels". By the time you'll get your 18k for brig you'll probably have max-lvl around 60+ (enough for all in captaining skill tree), and then you will be able to join the battles on BRIG.

There is just a one problem. Game still instable. There is a risk to hit whale or damned legion camping a grid border. And... well... you can loose your Schooner right the first voyage after you get a ship. It... happened to me. Game just crashed and didn't allow me to log in until my schooner was destroyed. Can you imagine how unhappy I was that day!!!

As for trading... it's... wel...

I mean it's super stupid and boring. You put 3 prefab building, set your trading routes, and wait until you'll get some resources you even didn't set for trading, and also gold around 1500 each day. You just don't understand - why you get all those resources. You see like 90 pages of logs per day with messages like: "You shipment 923759832475983749 was sent" "You shipment 1123412341231212413987931234124 was complete". I mean... It made really weird way. It's like "money for nothing" and you don't get how it's actually work. 

After a next wipe I WONT even try to set those things up again. It's better to explore the world and get gold. I don't know why devs don't wanna us to do that...

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 2