Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Patch V520.12 - Tameable Dolphins, Coffee, and Balance Changes

1 minute ago, Nacona said:

Well if this is really that easy and everbody can do this? When i last played(April 2020) i was only able to connect max 3 farmhouses even i could place more in the warehouse range. On PvE there seams to be no place for everyone to have his own island. And you can't destroy enemy farms. On PvP of course you can if not protected but yours are not protected too. The gold income of the trade has to be much increased than first release. There was some post mentioning that it was only few 100 gold a day. Sounds like the islands protection towers are not worse the money to build them? Do you destroy them with a sloop? or just go there with a cannon tame?

yeah but who the hell cares about pve. and yes they are slowly improving/fixing/updating the trade system. id suggest a schooner with cannons in all ports to tackle the trade islands. 

9 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

yeah but who the hell cares about pve.

@Enki Anunnaki lots of people care about PvE. Don't forget my friend, that even PvP benefits from having robust environmental challenges.

Historically what decided how many battles were fought? The environment.

How did mankind become the dominant creatures on this planet? Partly, by mastering the environment.

How are scientific advancements made, by thorough testing and discussion or a fight to the death? By BOTH methods actually.

If you prefer tea, is there something wrong with me prefering coffee?

@Nacona I've heard on the PvE servers you just slip between the towers and destoy it with a bear or something. I've heard of reward ranges between a few hundred gold and 55k. I have NOT personally verified that though since my group is doing fine via trade, mapping, diving, whaling, killing SotD & friendly networking.

Edited by Ranger1k

We have issues with the Farms not being visible to the unofficial map owners on Xbox, is there plans to fix this?  And here is another one, when the leader of a group dies, and they respawn, I get drug along, and then respawned 50 miles into the ocean where the maps switch, where sharks kill me with all my gear on -- hot garbage. Fix the spawn distance when in new area maps. Just because we are in new map area, should not spawn me across the planet and wait for them to reload. Put it in a timeout shelf or something not in the middle of the ocean where maps come together and sharks are feeding.. This is frustrating and traumatizing. 

Very frustrated with this update! First, the damn dolphins won't follow you if you get on your ship, so if you take your ship out to find a dolphin and tame said dolphin I guess you have to leave your ship behind in order to keep the dolphin! It's ridiculous! 

Warehouses!!!!! I was really hoping they would increase the amount of warehouses permitted on Islands! This is insane! It's literally impossible to find an island where we can put a warehouse down now cause of the limit of 4 per island! 

On 1/15/2021 at 12:41 AM, Nacona said:

@Chucksteak Please do not quote only a part of my thougts. I mentioned that the nerf is good in regards to the current state that you can glide cross grids and that you can glide from one island to another. That is why I suggested to reduce the total height of the islands as the most mountains are just stupid and cause the "exploit" using of the glider as mentioned. So if reduce the height of the islands and allow players may only to build up 100 parts on top of each other there would be limits that allow you to glide on a island or to nearby enemy ships on the sea but don't allow you to glide to other islands in the most cases and especially not out of the grid. -> Issue solved and no nerf needed.

I only quoted the part I was responding too. To prevent walls of text.

Limiting terrain would be worse that what they already did to the map by nerfing it to this small size it is now.

The thing is, its not an exploit if it was working as intended. If a glider is gliding, it seemed to me like it was working perfectly. Originally you could glide almost forever, but they did patch that out. On some islands, the gliders were the way to get around. I personally liked to use them for scouting things like hydras, as well as general transportation around an island. All of that is gone now for no reason I can see. A glider that doesn't even really glide, why not just remove it from the game entirely? I do not understand the reason for this nerf.

If someone is cheating, perhaps enabling other software, that is not an exploit.

If someone was dropping explosives, well, that's just something you could actually do with a glider and I do not see the problem with this. Its super hard to do anyways. Can we please have some semblance of skill and not just win by being lvl 120 by default?

I think that they should fix the issue with no land from people spamming .. like when there is blocks or fence post buoys everywhere just to stop people from having land.. I have 400 hrs in the game and have a farm but no warehouse sad.  

WE should have option if we see spam blocks to click in game and report as spam. for it to be reviewed in timely manner and spam destroyed with a warning sent to the person doing it letting them know 3 violations and your whole land gets wiped..  or only so many farms per person per island .. so say i am on one island i can have a farm and if i build on an other island same 1 or 2 farms max . that will give all new comers some hope for a small plot to build on.. 

Lastly I bought a new amd 6900 xt graphics card and am not a newbie went thru amd tech support  the game gets stuck at load screen with any driver for the new card .. install my old card game plays .. please fix     or if someone knows how to get to work please post it up thanks

On 1/19/2021 at 7:21 PM, curtisg33@yahoo.com said:

I think that they should fix the issue with no land from people spamming .. like when there is blocks or fence post buoys everywhere just to stop people from having land.. I have 400 hrs in the game and have a farm but no warehouse sad.  

WE should have option if we see spam blocks to click in game and report as spam. for it to be reviewed in timely manner and spam destroyed with a warning sent to the person doing it letting them know 3 violations and your whole land gets wiped..  or only so many farms per person per island .. so say i am on one island i can have a farm and if i build on an other island same 1 or 2 farms max . that will give all new comers some hope for a small plot to build on.. 

Lastly I bought a new amd 6900 xt graphics card and am not a newbie went thru amd tech support  the game gets stuck at load screen with any driver for the new card .. install my old card game plays .. please fix     or if someone knows how to get to work please post it up thanks

The spam fence posts suck dick and should really be addressed.

Babysitting people with GMs and tickets will never work, even less so without a subscription model. Any solution should be a mechanical process, not involving labor.

That card is brand new. It may take a few weeks or months for proper drivers that will work with all games. It has nothing to do with Atlas the game most like.

If you are looking for a better experience in Atlas, keep in mind it will rely on the CPU more heavily that most games, or so it seems to me. Upgrading you CPU would likely provide a better boost than upgrading your GPU unless you had something less than a 1080 gtx. After that making sure you have a SSD and a HD will boost overall performance every bit as much as a GPU.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:15 AM, Chucksteak said:

The spam fence posts suck dick and should really be addressed.

Babysitting people with GMs and tickets will never work, even less so without a subscription model. Any solution should be a mechanical process, not involving labor.

That card is brand new. It may take a few weeks or months for proper drivers that will work with all games. It has nothing to do with Atlas the game most like.

If you are looking for a better experience in Atlas, keep in mind it will rely on the CPU more heavily that most games, or so it seems to me. Upgrading you CPU would likely provide a better boost than upgrading your GPU unless you had something less than a 1080 gtx. After that making sure you have a SSD and a HD will boost overall performance every bit as much as a GPU.

Thanks for reply .. I have 9900k 5.1 all core and hard tube water cool my rig had 2080 ti  water block hooked up took out to  install amd card. I want to water cool my amd card but have to reinstall 2080 ti to play atlas   that is a pain ..lol  I keep posting because its like they dont listen i put a support ticket with picture of freezing at load and another major patch with seahorse but still wont load