Sign in to follow this  
jonbernth48

Building ships on official

how are you presupposed to construct them now? what are the fastest methods to get gold? while me and my friends performed this closing, early last summer, there have been no gold prices to construct ships however now idk how we are purported to build something above a sloop  192.168.1.254 because we don’t know a way to get gold quick or at all for that remember. any assist would be appreciated. 10.0.0.0.1

Edited by jonbernth48

I too would like to know this, I started playing about 5 days ago and the sloops make me sad.

The easy answer is the one you have, you just don't like it. Its ok, most of us don't like it either. You ride that sloop into the ground. Then make another.

If you have an abundant amount of game time, or if there are even 4 of you just kind of actively playing, you want to set up a warehouse with some farms and a market. The market will get some money rolling in over time. The trick is to have everything working and not getting messed with when you log off. 

You will need some 25k to get a schooner and a dock to try to keep it safe in. 

I'm solo, I cannot play every day for hours. So this idea of theirs doesn't work great for me. I have largely sat out this season so far because of the ships costing 10k+ gold thing.

If you do what the devs would prefer, you will find a bigger company to join. The game is currently balanced heavily in favor of larger companies. I just find it makes the game suck and I lose interest the second someone limits how I play.

Basically, these devs have made some terrible decisions this season and the game play suffers for it.

Barrels, Gliders, Ship cost, no limits on WHs or FHs, Claiming islands still a thing, ect...

• Haha 1

Is this the way PvE servers run? My friends and I picked PvE. I played a while back and recently got a group to play. Sadly the map is much smaller than it was back in the day (lived on M5) and almost every island we found is very built up upon. We haven't had any luck placing a warehouse at all. 

You do what the rest  of us did:  You grind it out.  If you're thinking you're going to get a schooner the first day your logged in, you may be in for some disappointment.  And some of us LOVE that dynamic.  Ships should mean something.  Seeing a gally for the first time this season was special.  And that's a good thing.

And once you get rolling, gold is easy.  

So stop fussing and put in the work.

PVE is for balless weaklings, but Chucksteaks suggestion works well on PVP.

My warehouse provides about 5000 gold/day, you also can stock up with hoarding/treasure hunting grey maps. I do between 5000-10.000 Gold per load of hoarded maps.

Schooner is 5.000 gold, armored dock 10.000, you will need both.

10 hours ago, Dev Crusher said:

PVE is for balless weaklings....

What?

The PvP mechanics on this game suck. Several issues I'll mention..

1.I played PvP last season and it was an ugly, laggy shitshow due to all the puckle and cannon spam.

2. Everyones paranoid about being insided (theres only like 5 permission/ access settings) meaning i have to spend hours defining access settings, telling each fucking npc to ignore group whistles, aggressive/passive etc..

3. There's hardly any educational information, meaning, even if i do recruit people we have to spend hours bringing them up to speed explaining all this games nuances... My best friend noped the fuck out after 1 night. He has a job...

Think of  when you first learned Poker. You didn't play with your entire fucking investment portfolio on the line, you played with pennies or fake chips. This game doesn't have that, except, maybe if you count Single Player or PvE. Unfortunately it doesn't work though, because single player is broken as fuck, with terrible AI, and nobody feels like starting from scratch once they've spent all the time grinding on PvE. Under the current game model, only during a wipe, generally, do people consider switching. This brings the final point I'll add before wrapping up..

4. @Gortok & @Nami keep developing the main game but add a Battle Arena already 🙂 . Let solos, duos & trios (or more) dip their toes in the water with ZERO grind. Not only would this expand the player base AND provide valuable development data, but could even generate additional revenue with a simple 5 second advert upon death..

I've done enough good faith consulting for the day, I'm out (drops the mic)

PS @jonbernth48 & @Vies this game is still undergoing development, hopefully in the next few months the developers will be able to adjust the claim system on official so that new players aren't shut out in between major adjustments. I suggest skimming the forums when convenient, especially Announcements, and finding someone on PvE who doesn't mind mentoring, simply because this game is quite complex but has TONS of potential and is quite fun.

Theres alot of ways to accomplish the goal of getting gold for a ship. They range from grinding flotsam, sunken treasure and whaling to trading to breeding animals. Theres also treasure maps. Some companies will build ya a ship right now if you just run some errands for them. I hear raiding tax banks on the control points is a lucrative thing now. Unfortunately building farmhouses and warehouses isn't a likely solution on PvE since most spots have been gobbled up. Its on the development itinerary though

Edited by Ranger1k
To adress OPs
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

1.I played PvP last season and it was an ugly, laggy shitshow due to all the puckle and cannon spam.

just last season? i did play since day 1 and it was never not laggy/buggy... xD

9 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

Theres alot of ways to accomplish the goal of getting gold for a ship.

well considering an armored dock to protect your ship is a waste of time for small companies or solo players... same is true for a stone fort to protect your tames even if you put 1000 puckles around and inside of it... that said if you have the time to grind +8h a day and have an active company with 24h shifts sure then you can enjoy larger ships that maybe do not get sunk overnight...

the state of this game is kinda sad but i still play it from time to time...