Sign in to follow this  
Exodious

Some Islands are bugged

Not sure why no one is talking about this other than like one guy a couple months ago.. but some of these islands just simply don't work.  I have tried it on both a dedicated self hosted server and a nitrado server and when you load into a freeport island, the Island is just barren.  There's no trees.. no rocks.. no anything, just flat land.  There's not even a single creature.  I found out because one of my friends died on the main freeport island (of 4 on the home tile) and spawned in at another so we rafted over to pick them up and went to 2 different islands before getting to theirs.  The other 2 freeport islands were just empty space, lol.  After we found my friend, we loaded into another tile and were on our way to an island.  The island took a minute to load in, even as we got close and then suddenly all the tree's and animals and everything spawned before we got to it, but i thought it was going to be barren too.  I loaded up nitrado and threw my same server on that one and the freeport islands are doing the same thing.  I haven't changed anything other than the spawn number so why they are just completely blank is beyond me.  But i saw another guy post about having the same issue.  Anyone wanna maybe chime in on this? Are some islands just broken now? or is there a setting that is somehow wrong.. i mean surely if 2 people are having the same problem completely unrelated to each other it has to be other people too or at least someone has to know why.. any help would be appreciated.

The two freeports that didn't spawn anything for me were Cay_H_WR_E and Mnt_J_WT_E

Also it spawned me in the water away from the island when i spawned into the bad freeport island Mnt.  Below is a picture of what it looks like across the island.

image.png.5b9f72c2d1690f6715a5e028667436ea.png

I would've put a bigger picture but it wouldn't let me

Yep. I have this problem too. I used Cay_H_WR_E and there was nothing on it, not even the Freeport town.
😕 I had thought maybe I put the 2 Islands too close together and one was being overlapped but sounds like that's not the case.

Well i read online that resources can be bugged on islands if you accidentally move them slightly or something when clicking, so maybe i dragged it? i'm not sure i'm gonna try reinstancing the .json and reload on one of them to see if maybe the island works after using a new json, but i seriously doubt thats the issue considering there's like multiple islands that are like this.  I'll let  you know if i figure it out though.

I thought that too,  but just found out this is specifically because they removed Cay_H_WR_E and Mtn_F_ET_E from the game, but they are still in Atlas Grid Editor (AGE). THere may be more. Also there are newer islands that aren't in AGE yet.

So they are broken in the game. Anyone who is having problems with this can download a new Islands.json for AGE here, and replace the one in AGE/Data folder.
This will update AGE with all the current islands and remove the broken ones.