Sign in to follow this  
leniejame48

What is the new player experience like nowadays?

I tried playing this game during it's initial launch fiasco and obviously that didn't go well, I'm sure the game is in a much better spot now. If I were to jump in fresh, what can I expect?

Also some other questions:

When this game was first coming out I recall there was a lot of discussion playing on the main servers versus private ones. Some people were afraid this would split up the population, etc. What ever ended up happening with that? Where do most people play? https://omegle.onl/

Are there any more wipes due for the game in the future?

Is there any kind of protection for your stuff when you're offline and not playing? Like in a similar game I used to play, Life is Feudal, the stuff you bank on land you own is safe when you're not playing. But there were designated times for example when people could make declarations against you and your land/items.

Edited by leniejame48

Depends how you want to play; I assume this is on the pvp server since you ask if your stuff is safe? Learning the game by trial and error you will have to expect to start over several times. There is a lot of cheese tactics that is not immediately apparent and if you do not know how to deal with it its most likely going to cause a reset on your part and how many resets depends on how many lessons you take away from it each time. Starting fresh in the middle of the season will be harsh.

Right now, I think the best way would be to go on the recruitment section on discord, leave a message there, join a company that is willing to show you the ropes and just try to pick up on as much as possible before the next wipe and then decide what you want to do. This game is best played with other people. If you try to play solo, you will miss out on a lot of content.

Next wipe will probably be with the new claim system, I don’t think anyone including the devs know when that will be. My guess is this month or February.

If you own an island your stuff is safe during peace time (15 hours per day and only for claimed islands). In theory that is the only time your stuff is safe, but in practice there’s cheese ways around it, like putting your stuff in a tame / shop on the freeport or leaving it in a high resistance boat on the freeport and repairing it etc.

• Like 1

Well, i agree, PVP is the way to go, competition made mankind great (again).

Your bases are still fodder for every teenage muhahaha troll kiddie passing by, as the HP of stone is a joke and player mortars/cannons outrange your NPC defence turrets.

BUT as we now have armored docks you can live in safety on a boat that you park in the dock. You will have a tough time collecting the 10.000 gold for the dock plus the 5.000 for the schooner but then you have a secure mobile base as also your tames and sailors are safe inside the dock.

It is still PVP, as soon as you leave the dock you are „outside in the jungle where everyone trys to eat you“.

This transforms Atlas from a muhahaha lolstomping playground for teenage mega clan leaders to a decent PVP game.

Edited by Dev Crusher

actually if you know what you are doing your base "even solo" is pretty safe... however if you are a solo player there is no way to protect your ship or tames...

ive +2k hours in atlas and did play during the holiday buff to check the new stuff...

1 hour ago, Wichtelman said:

actually if you know what you are doing your base "even solo" is pretty safe... however if you are a solo player there is no way to protect your ship or tames...

ive +2k hours in atlas and did play during the holiday buff to check the new stuff...

ahh no. You can build whatever base you want with hatever number of turrets. It is a ruin after the first trollkiddie visit.

1 hour ago, Wichtelman said:

well if you think so you have much to learn about the game... turrets and npc are just a waste of resources... 😉

Edited by Wichtelman