Sign in to follow this  
SinWeaver

New Player, where to build?

Any Ideas? Have a small group of friends playing, but not sure where to build. It seems like all claimed land is taken. I noticed some companies have whole zones(servers) claimed? Any tips? or just build in Lawless?

Yes some companies claim islands, sometimes all of the islands in a zone.  You should check and see if they're taking settlers.  Usually they will have a message when you get near the island with that info.  I have seen some unclaimed islands but you're probably not going to be able to take one with a small group.

Lawless just build where you can find room.  It may seem all taken up but I can always at least find somewhere to build a decent sized base.  You're not going to find anything to reproduce the pyramids of Giza and have two farmhouses, warehouse, and market unless you're super lucky.  You would have to find someone who quit playing and the demolish timers just happened to be up at the time you're looking.  Most likely all of his neighbors would be watching those timers like hawks.  It may seem like there's nothing but just keep sailing around islands and you will find something.

how does the claim system work atm?

lets say you build up a base on a random island after the wipe and somebody claims that island... can that guy just demolish all your stuff?

"Claim owners will be able to demolish structures (via the pinwheel) on their settlements temporarily as long as the structure has been placed within the last 12 hours. After the 12 hour period has passed, they will not be able to demolish the structures using the pinwheel, and must manually destroy it."

still like that?

Edited by Wichtelman