Sign in to follow this  
Caine

Gold Change: So I tested solo gameplay...

Hello there,

I wanted to test how hard it is to play solo till u got a schooner. Normally, I´m playing in big tribes and have no problem with anything in the game. I often read that the gold investment for ships is a huge disappointment and it´s not motivating for people to play the game. So I tested it and...

To be fair: It´s awful game design. Gold is clearly not more worth than before but it´s a huge timesink for player.

The sloop is so slow and you cannot carry much with you, so you have to build a small house to bring the gold back all the time. You spend hours to get a taste of the real game and to be honest: Until you have your first brigantine, you played atleast 72 hours straight (even more). Sounds not that much but when I think about playing maybe 4h per day (which is kinda much for normal people) I can say this gameplay is flawed af.

In my opinion the schooner should be free of gold investment or only 1k gold. Just my humble opinion here, but for real: Solo or small groups won´t have fun when you need to spend a shitload of hours to start the game.

Just my opinion after I tested seasons for season your stuff.

Edited by Caine

This is valid for PVE only. For PVP you need at least one armored dock before you can think about a schooner. Dont even try without the dock, you will 100% sunk by a passing LolTroll authistic teenage would-be pirate. This is 15.000 gold in total.

Also dont try to build any kind of „superfortress“ with thick stone layers plus 500 puckles/cannons. It will be destroyed in under 5 minutes from any random lolstomper clan in the vicinity. NPN turrets  are outranged by player cannons, mortars and stuff. So no way to survive.

With dock & schooner you have a secure mobile base, can store your pets on and all resources. 

I recommend a second armored dock/schooner (thats 30.000 gold in total now). So you can use one as a base (if you dont raise the anchor you can store unlimited weight on it) and the other one as personal warship.

That´s also a point: PvP with this amount of gold which is needed in the first place is clearly bad game design and it is for sure not enjoyable for small groups. These gold costs are ridiculous and we shall do that with a sloop? Sloop and raft are the worst ships in this game and they will sink before you even can prepare them.

Friend and me came back to Atlas (official PVP server) 2 weeks ago and we have 2 schooners, 1 armored dock and 20k in the base ready for already crafted half mythical brigantine. Both employed and working 5 days a week. I suggest you start playing smarter instead of wasting time whining on forums. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ave26 said:

Friend and me came back to Atlas (official PVP server) 2 weeks ago and we have 2 schooners, 1 armored dock and 20k in the base ready for already crafted half mythical brigantine. Both employed and working 5 days a week. I suggest you start playing smarter instead of wasting time whining on forums. 

Maybe you missed the part where he said he was speaking about "solo" play. And you are speaking about "we" you and your friend. 

I was referring to the guy above me saying its not enjoyable for "small groups". Solo is no worse than it was few seasons ago. This game requires at least two if you want to do any meaningful ship pvp. Anyways, tip for all of you solos and small groups, settle somewhere and you dont need to worry about your base that much. IMO this season is improvement because I'd rather spend time sailing and grinding gold than hitting thousands of treees with elephant and giraffe.

• Haha 1

Haha, funny, in all all games the forum superheroes appear with mythical brigantines on day one of the season and 7 million gold doublons in the resource box 😂

I play solo, have 2 armored docks on my main island and one on my treasure hunt island. I collect treasure maps on my main island, hoard them, when i have 20-30 i sail to my treasure island, take my bear from the safe ship, hunt for gold and bring it back.

I store the gold in one of the armored dock, much safer than in some „unraidable super fortress“. Such a fortress cant stand 5 minutes against a loltroll kiddie raid.

20 hours ago, ave26 said:

That's pathetic. Not everyone has the time nor luxury to play the way you do. BoTh EmPlOyEd 5 DaYs; other players value their time on doing other activities, not sit down and treat Atlas as a second job which the developers are trying to do. Good for you your method works between your friend and yourself.

• Like 2