Sign in to follow this  
Aegis

Tame disappear while sailing

I have breed lion on my ship for map hunting mission, but some how it disappear from the ship completely when sailing, the last I saw it was on ship is that it keep doing the jumping or falling animation, then it disappear completely. that was my best breed lion and just gone without any warning at all

• Like 1

Lost 4 bears in the past 10 days because of it. If grid lags they get desynced off the ship.

I haven't lost any tames in over a year.  Maybe I'm just lucky but I don't sail with them on the ship all the time.  They usually lag and follow the ship in the air.  I usually set them in the front of the set and put them on "stay".

I do see quite a bit of animals in the water and try to contact the owners or claim them.  There's a pretty good chance you can retrace your path if you remember it and find it.  Seems like they fall off the most while transitioning between grids.  I usually look around and account for the animals after every transition and just periodically.

It happens even in single player so its not related to lag or desync.

Although, all the bears and crew I lost I was able to find latter in water, it seems they just fall off from the ship when you are sailling.

They usually do that after going into another zone and drop in the new zone.  I ALWAYS check my tames after zoning.  Ive had to turn around and fetch them many times.  But to me, it feels like its gotten better.

I just moved all my tames since E4 is back to being a lagfest.  Didn't lose any and I have a lot of small and large critters.  This time around moved 6 bears, elephant, 12 cats, 4 chicken, monkey, two pigs, and a cow.  I know its anecdotal but I wonder if there is something I'm doing differently that makes it not happen.  

Edited by McDangles