GiNGERPANDA

Hatching Eggs?

Has anyone else experienced an issue with eggs immediately disappearing when placed down to incubate? Trying to hatch Parrot eggs but each one placed down immediately disappears. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. 

Edited by GiNGERPANDA

26 minutes ago, Unspoken said:

Yep, happens each time we place an egg down. We've tried everything! 

We managed to randomly get one to actually stay when placed down but the egg spawned in with 0% health. It never showed an indicator for whether it was too hot or too cold even though we had 15 grills on at the same time. It incubated to roughly 60% of the way (staying at 0% health) and then just disappeared (which we assume meant it died) We haven’t been able to get any other eggs to stay when placed down since. It’s extremely frustrating. 

I am having the same issue.   we have gone through a ton of parrot eggs attempting to get one to stay.

Edited by Mykolpeazy

Okay so I spoke with someone that hatches parrot eggs all the time and they said that the parrot eggs that come from the warehouse come with zero health so as soon as you put the down or shorty thereafter they will die and disappear. She gave me one of her fertilized eggs and that one works just fine. 

So parrots lay two kinds of eggs.  I wasn't aware of this but my friend told me her parrot laid an egg and I was like "wat".  Those seem to be just normal eggs you would use for cooking and will not hatch offspring as far as I can tell.  Now I DID get my parrot to lay an egg that contained offspring but I was stupid.  I put it on my hotbar and pressed the key so I could place it like you would with building materials but instead my character ate it.  😆  Maybe some of you also did this without realizing it.  

On 2/13/2022 at 11:12 PM, NDRedDragon said:

How do you place an egg ? 

You throw it out of your inventory with simply discarding it. Be aware eggs breeding can be difficult and need a very balanced temperated room. Eggs will only breed while beeing dropped on the ground. In your inventory it will only spoil. You can stop the breeding at any time and put the egg in preserving bag for example. Eating an egg probably happened to everybody.

Hookbacks eggs wich you get from trading in the Warehouse you can't breed. They simply disappear.

Edited by Nacona