Sign in to follow this  
Greed

suggestions Ships of the Damned NEED to be fixed (my suggestions and story)

Hello,

after a day of farming (tribe of 10), we finally managed to get our schooner out on sea. It was a very long grind in the lawless region, and we decided we had to sail out and find somewhere safe to log off. We sailed from L9 to L8 and I kid you not, we encountered 10 ship of the damned at the very least. Most of the time these ships would be very close to each other, making maneuvering away from them very difficult. When we did manage to escape, this was because the ships would suddenly steer in the opposite direction (they are very unpredictable). 

But after an hour of sailing (from L9 to L8),  we got caught in between two ships of the damned. They clapped us. We had 6 cannons with 50+ cannons made, a crew of 7 online, and resources to repair. I was in charge of repairing, and I had points in the tree. Still, even though I was repairing, I could not repair the structures fast enough because the DPS being dealt to us was too great. We lost HOURS of work in 2 minutes, not even to other players, but to broken NPC. 

So my suggestions:

1) Make ship building easier.

2) Reduce # of Ships of the Damned in a zone (and let them sail on independent courses that ensure they don't group up)

3) Reduce their speed and power in lawless regions (like a debuff that affects their health/damage and speed, making fighting them an option)

4) Make repairing easier

Edited by Greed
  • Like 2

We managed to kill 1 of the ships just as we were sinking. I got no EXP for contributing with the kill. Please look into this.

Also why should they attack sloops, how are they a threat to them?  They should only attack ships large enough to actually fight them.  I don't know what size of ship that would actually be because I can't keep a claim longer than a few hours and then am stuck on a raft again, but if I ever get the week it will probably take to build one then im sure I will quickly find out that it is no match for the damned!  I don't get the point of a pirate game that doesnt make it easy or encouraging to sail and explore, its pretty weird development and game mechanic choices imo, and this whole damned thing is actually comical to me because I have basically lived on a raft since launch from all the game mechanic oversights I have experienced so far in the game.

For me the server went down, and we got back we are surrounded by 4 ship of the dammed. Nothing to do. Just SINK. TIME 55 mint

• Thanks 1

Yeah the most recent patch did nothing to fix the overspawns, after patch I said oh it might be safe to actually travel now...didn't even make it out of render from my island and had 3 aggroed on me.  Managed to get away from them, aggroed another but managed to make it to the world border.  I load in the new server and I'm being rammed by another ghost ship....cant make this shit up

20181228075047_1.jpg

20181228075824_1.jpg

• Like 1

Reduced Army of the Damned ships spawn rate by 60% 

HAHAHAH wtf???????? i found in 1 m2 5 ships and more on the way, THATS NOT REDUCED -.- LYERS

• Like 1

Yeah. The rate of the spawns is too high and they group up. Me and my crew sailed and passed total of two regions, we encountered 25+ ships of the damned, managed to escape from majority of them, we fought only 3. 

• Like 1

I just love how the Sloop ships are 100% useless now, I've built 3 with 2 small speed sails and kept the weight below 50% of the maximum to ensure max speed. But you still cannot out run these ghost ships and I've lost all 3. So now I have to travel by raft which takes hours if you don't have wind...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Made four trips across 3 tiles in a sloop heading both ways to transport goods. Lost one sloop. If you are extremely skilled you can still manage.  Sometimes you will get a bad roll.  When I lost the one sloop I did lose on the trade run I was in a maelstrom and being engaged by two of the damned things. If you turn away from the wind as soon as you think the cursed thing may aggro you will just be fast enough to keep out of their cannon range and make some small gain in a sloop.  The problem is when you unavoidably start far within their cannon range. This is when the rum is gone and you're up a creek without a paddle.

Something must be done. When I captain and do this 2-3 hour run I'm very  high strung and stressed with all these damned ships roaming around that it is starting to get past the point of excitement and into the realm of the un-fun.  This should not be a constant dark souls on the open sea. If you developers want trade to happen and actual player battles on the high seas you need to change this.  Ramp up the damage these things do but make them rare! Maybe 1-2 per server tile with a multi-day re-spawn rate and lots of loot to get for a kill. They should not be more common than the fish in the ocean!

Let the players be pirates again! #raftsarenotfun

Edited by Arley 'Sharkbait' Vaughn
  • Like 2

Lost 5 sloops until I stuck a med speed sail on. As long as your not heavy you can outrun them and are 9 times out of 10 fast enough for them to miss. Still broke as fuck though.