Sign in to follow this  
Nemerith

A Truly Heartful Message For The Dev and Design Team

This is a message to the Devs team and everyone working behind.. "Thank you! For Creating This Game!".

I've seen so many Bugs and Stuffs disappearing.. And my ship flipped out on the ocean when there is nothing and sunk as all.. The harshness of Taming a creature and some unfinished stuffs and things in the game. 

But this thread is not about that.

I really want to focus on the good things in this game that I think are missed out by some of us.

It's not all that Shiny and Sunshine for me as well.. My experience with ATLAS..  is full of mixed stuffs.. Positive and Negative.. and I know the Negative do indeed outweight the Positive things like so many people already wrote down on many threads. But here I am.. Wanting to put down the amazing and positive stuffs that the Dev team actually did.. that maybe some of us missed and couldn't really see it beyond all the bugginess of the game and such.. 

FYI I'm not someone who are trying to defend the game or so.. But someone who truly appreciate something amazing and are happy to share it with the person that did that amazing thing.

I'm going to list the stuffs that I find it amazing and truly enjoy in this game:

1. The Ecosystem

I am honestly amazed by this.. although I do know that some island have a crazy species like a chicken in Tundra biome or a Cobra in Tundra as well.. But the moment where me and my friends was trying to find a wolf.. we are met by an amazing fight between a Lion and a Bear .. which is made us took out our spyglass and watching it from afar.. The fight was pretty intense and soon one of my friend joined the fight too which cracked us up with laughter. It is one of the memorable things that we have here in ATLAS. 

2. The Sail Collision with the Crow's Nest and Grappling Hook Physics

This is honestly can be one of the overlooked details which is amazing. The sail is actually colliding with the Crow's nest on the mast (Although I know some physics and collision doesn't really work well at all like how the ramming ship aren't able to register their damage properly) But looking past on that.. it is still an amazing feature.. not to mention the Grappling Hook!.. I am honestly surprised that such things like this exist in this game because how hard it is to implement something like this.. But guys.. it works!.. I really like how we swing around with the rope although the collision doesn't register with the rope.. but hey!.. Honestly.. not many games can implement something like this.. even more in a SandBox game like ATLAS.

3. The Animal's Animation 

I got to say our animation as a human is even more stiffy than the animals which honestly irks me but I just laughed at that because of how amazing they animate the creature and the animals. The Giraffe shaking his ears. The Ostritch head that looks around like how birds should move their head. I really appreciated that details that they put in here. 

4. The Physics of the Ship

While it might not be as best as Sea of Thieves.. I can really say it can still considered amazing.. The way the ship tumbles around on high waves and how the sail really looks like flapping towards the wind! (This is one of the best details in the game) looks awesome. I love that!

5. The Tornado

I wouldn't say I enjoy the times that almost 5 to 10 Tornadoes spawned just near my ship alone to wreck me up (I think there should be something be done about this) But hey.. The way the Tornado Spawn and spinning around?... I'll give it 10 out of 10 for ratings. They totally nailed it with the Visual.

6. The Islands and Environment

I believe there is not a lot that I can say in here.. But wow... The islands that we visited.. Every island that me and my friends visited.. is gorgeous.. there is even this Island that have a waterfall and a lake in the middle which.. just made us looks like a kid going to the zoo for the very first time with our eyes shining with awe. 

Final words
I believe I can list more of the amazing stuffs that I myself find it amazing.. That this game.. ATLAS have.. and others don't.. But I know how notorious the game is for almost never fixing a bug that have been there for a long time and also neglecting the communities. I don't have a high hope, but one thing for sure.. I really want to let this positive things that I found in the game go out in here. 

ATLAS Dev team.. I can say you still can turn this around.. and Improve the game.. You have lots of things that no other games have.. Not even the famous "Other pirate games" have. You have the Animals Taming, The Treasure Hunt, The Ship, The Quest, The Ship of the Damned, Exploration, Many many amazing Islands and the resources in each of them. You have the things already.. What you need is to Improve them. I like how this game have so many random stuffs to do even though it's buggy. 

I believe if it's money that you need.. Release a ship skin.. Or an exclusive figure heads.. or Costume.. I believe it's not just me that have writing that solution here. Although I do have little hope that this thread might be read by the Dev team. But if you're reading this. You guys can do it. 

• Thanks 1

Bahh 98% of my ATLAS deaths are due to some game bug... stucking in a roof o similar. Or eaten by a creature because of lag.

All the endless bugs have not been fixed.

SHAME ! SHAME ! SHAME !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dev Crusher said:

Bahh 98% of my ATLAS deaths are due to some game bug... stucking in a roof o similar. Or eaten by a creature because of lag.

All the endless bugs have not been fixed.

SHAME ! SHAME ! SHAME !

I'm sorry to hear that.. I feel the same as you too when me and my friends were all died to the glitch that makes our ship looks like a Tornado.. Spinning around uncontrollably and then just break up apart.. We were just gasping all the time and shaking our head.. all the hard earned stuffs is gone.. Not to mention when we go back to our base our stuffs are also gone.. Like they literally vanished.. No damage or someone demolished it in the Log or any.. it's basically the structure itself that vanished..

I really hope they can focus on the programming section now to kill the bugs.

Although we truly can't deny the fact that the game looks beautiful honestly.

21 hours ago, Nemerith said:

some unfinished stuffs and things in the game.

I really want to focus on the good things in this game that I think are missed out by some of us.

It's not all that Shiny and Sunshine for me as well.. My experience with ATLAS..  is full of mixed stuffs.. Positive and Negative.. and I know the Negative do indeed outweight the Positive things like so many people already wrote down on many threads.

You do realise that many people have wrote down many positive things in many threads, however they don't really appear to be read/or matter at all, yeah?

But here I am..

Great.

1. The Ecosystem

I am honestly amazed by this.. although I do know that some island have a crazy species like a chicken in Tundra biome or a Cobra in Tundra as well.. But the moment where me and my friends was trying to find a wolf.. we are met by an amazing fight between a Lion and a Bear .. which is made us took out our spyglass and watching it from afar.. The fight was pretty intense and soon one of my friend joined the fight too which cracked us up with laughter. It is one of the memorable things that we have here in ATLAS. 

This is funny to me. The first thing on your list is that you mention ecosystem. Did you ever play Ark? One of the things that the devs wanted to do when they started working on ark, is to create an ecosystem. They failed, and gave up basically. Atlas devs afaik never mentioned any intention to create what the ark devs failed at creating. What you have described there is a single entity called a lion fighting another single entity called a bear. It is not amazing. It is not an ecosystem. If you think fights between wild animals in ark or atlas are intense and they make you crack up with laughter, that just makes me sad. In 1998 we had wild animals in video games fighting each other, and what year is it now? It also makes me realise that the devs are just hoping that the game they are shitting out appeals to the lowest common denominator.

2. The Sail Collision with the Crow's Nest and Grappling Hook Physics

This is honestly can be one of the overlooked details which is amazing. The sail is actually colliding with the Crow's nest on the mast (Although I know some physics and collision doesn't really work well at all like how the ramming ship aren't able to register their damage properly) But looking past on that.. it is still an amazing feature.. not to mention the Grappling Hook!.. I am honestly surprised that such things like this exist in this game because how hard it is to implement something like this.. But guys.. it works!.. I really like how we swing around with the rope although the collision doesn't register with the rope.. but hey!.. Honestly.. not many games can implement something like this.. even more in a SandBox game like ATLAS.

Crows nest colliding on the mast? Oh wow, here, have all my monies!!

Did you know that physics have been in games for decades, and here was a grappling hook in CTF quake, which again was released about 1998, over 20 years ago. Not "amazing" at all, and quite sad that err people would think it is "amazing". The whole point of a sandbox game "like ATLAS" is that you can do things, there isn't much of a linear game experience because you have the freedom to "do things", the focus is on the "doing things" so that gamers can make their own experience/game. Sandbox games are actually the most capable of doing those "somethings like this which are so amazing that they have been in a game which was developed in 1998".

3. The Animal's Animation 

I got to say our animation as a human is even more stiffy than the animals which honestly irks me but I just laughed at that because of how amazing they animate the creature and the animals. The Giraffe shaking his ears. The Ostritch head that looks around like how birds should move their head. I really appreciated that details that they put in here. 

It is not suprising that when you are irked, you just laugh and say "how amazing lol".

But yeah, those human animations LOL such a big stiffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

While it might not be as best as Sea of Thieves.. I can really say it can still considered amazing.. The way the ship tumbles around on high waves and how the sail really looks like flapping towards the wind! (This is one of the best details in the game) looks awesome. I love that!

Oh yeah, you like how the sea is part of your boat? Your ship just enters the water and gets flooded but magically doesn't sink?

5. The Tornado

I wouldn't say I enjoy the times that almost 5 to 10 Tornadoes spawned just near my ship alone to wreck me up (I think there should be something be done about this) But hey.. The way the Tornado Spawn and spinning around?... I'll give it 10 out of 10 for ratings. They totally nailed it with the Visual.

If only this game was a movie then it would totally nail it to everybody with those amazing cool totally epic cool visuals.

6. The Islands and Environment

I believe there is not a lot that I can say in here.. But wow... The islands that we visited.. Every island that me and my friends visited.. is gorgeous.. there is even this Island that have a waterfall and a lake in the middle which.. just made us looks like a kid going to the zoo for the very first time with our eyes shining with awe. 

The islands are copy pasted, flat, boring and mostly a procedural generation. Waterfalls and lakes in the middle of an island turning you into a kid going to the zoo for the first time sounds errr so nice *pats head of kid, good child* aww good baby googoogaga

Final words
I believe I can list more of the amazing stuffs that I myself find it amazing.. That this game.. ATLAS have.. and others don't.. But I know how notorious the game is for almost never fixing a bug that have been there for a long time and also neglecting the communities. I don't have a high hope, but one thing for sure..

Errr, ok? Not really convinced....

I really want to let this positive things that I found in the game go out in here. 

That every body else has already commented and put "out in here"? You think that any of your comments have not already been made? Funny.

ATLAS Dev team.. I can say you still can turn this around.. and Improve the game.. You have lots of things that no other games have.. Not even the famous "Other pirate games" have. You have the Animals Taming, The Treasure Hunt, The Ship, The Quest, The Ship of the Damned, Exploration, Many many amazing Islands and the resources in each of them. You have the things already.. What you need is to Improve them. I like how this game have so many random stuffs to do even though it's buggy. 

I believe if it's money that you need.. Release a ship skin.. Or an exclusive figure heads.. or Costume.. I believe it's not just me that have writing that solution here. Although I do have little hope that this thread might be read by the Dev team. But if you're reading this. You guys can do it. 

Hey, did you read the news? Bears can wear hats!!

On 12/31/2020 at 1:48 PM, eeeceee said:

This is funny to me. The first thing on your list is that you mention ecosystem. Did you ever play Ark? One of the things that the devs wanted to do when they started working on ark, is to create an ecosystem. They failed, and gave up basically. Atlas devs afaik never mentioned any intention to create what the ark devs failed at creating. What you have described there is a single entity called a lion fighting another single entity called a bear. It is not amazing. It is not an ecosystem. If you think fights between wild animals in ark or atlas are intense and they make you crack up with laughter, that just makes me sad. In 1998 we had wild animals in video games fighting each other, and what year is it now? It also makes me realise that the devs are just hoping that the game they are shitting out appeals to the lowest common denominator.

I have to agree with this. There is no "ecosystem". Just a bunch of randomly-chosen animals walking/swimming/slithering around, doing things at random based on a handful of lines of code.

Many of the animals are wildly inappropriate for the biomes in which they are found. Cobras and lions in the Tundra? Bears in the Tropics? Come ONNN... (Sure, it could be argued that the islands and biomes are close enough together on this world for creatures to migrate between them while clinging to flotsam, but that's stretching it.)

Creature AI is bare-bones at best and unrealistic. Ever notice cobras and rattlesnakes aggressively attack everything, and KO other creatures, but never actually EAT them? (Heck, the surest sign there's cobras in the area is the random "Wild sheep (unconscious)" label floating in the near distance.) If they wanted snakes to be realistic, rattlesnakes would only attack larger creatures/people if they got within a meter or so, and cobras would unhinge their jaws and SWALLOW unconscious creatures whole, then lounge around lazily (with comically swollen bellies) for hours, barely able to move. Most other wild creatures seem to make no attempt to eat anything. And wild creatures in general would be leery of humans, tending to wander AWAY instead of TOWARDS us, which would make the passive tames that much harder.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2020 at 8:48 PM, eeeceee said:

You do realise that many people have wrote down many positive things in many threads, however they don't really appear to be read/or matter at all, yeah?

Great.

Crows nest colliding on the mast? Oh wow, here, have all my monies!!

Did you know that physics have been in games for decades, and here was a grappling hook in CTF quake, which again was released about 1998, over 20 years ago. Not "amazing" at all, and quite sad that err people would think it is "amazing". The whole point of a sandbox game "like ATLAS" is that you can do things, there isn't much of a linear game experience because you have the freedom to "do things", the focus is on the "doing things" so that gamers can make their own experience/game. Sandbox games are actually the most capable of doing those "somethings like this which are so amazing that they have been in a game which was developed in 1998".

It is not suprising that when you are irked, you just laugh and say "how amazing lol".

But yeah, those human animations LOL such a big stiffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Oh yeah, you like how the sea is part of your boat? Your ship just enters the water and gets flooded but magically doesn't sink?

If only this game was a movie then it would totally nail it to everybody with those amazing cool totally epic cool visuals.

The islands are copy pasted, flat, boring and mostly a procedural generation. Waterfalls and lakes in the middle of an island turning you into a kid going to the zoo for the first time sounds errr so nice *pats head of kid, good child* aww good baby googoogaga

Errr, ok? Not really convinced....

That every body else has already commented and put "out in here"? You think that any of your comments have not already been made? Funny.

Haven't played the game in over a year. Just browsing these forum out of nostalgia and kind of hoping that things had improved. What I can say is despite all the bugs etc I have alot of good memories of this game, and this bitter hateful attitude says so much more about you than the developers.

You have every right to complain about the flaws of this game, but shitting on this guy sharing his positive experience; what are you even doing here? How did you reach this point? My advice is uninstall the game, leave these forums, reexamine your life (maybe hit the gym but avoid the steroids because you've already got some problems with the rage) and find another pasttime to enjoy. Turn that destructive behaviour into something constructive, or you know, don't. Truth is if you didn't see some amazing potential and accomplishments from this game you wouldn't be so heated up about it. It's not this random guys fault that it might not get any better than this.I just had to chime in with a reality check

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 4:17 PM, Nemerith said:

While it might not be as best as Sea of Thieves..

Good post, I like the positive enthusiasm. Don't worry about @eeeceee he's mostly a negative asshole. 

This part about Sea of Thieves, I've been on this for a while. The way they handled the sea in that game was the absolute best part of that game. If you haven't tried it out, I highly recommend it to anyone to paly for a few hours just to sail around. The encouraging thing is that SoT was built on the exact same engine as Atlas. Witch means its absolutely possible to expect so much more from at least this part of the game. It also highlights the gap between talent and resources from an established game developer like Rare vs a startup like GS. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 11:48 AM, eeeceee said:

Sounds like you need to walk away from this game buddy. This forum post was about positivity and you kind of derailed it and raised your own blood pressure 😕

I agree with the OP. This game has its ups and downs but I’d rate it at 90% ups 10% downs. It’s a pretty good game and it is a well created world. If you can’t handle early access.... probably don’t play early access.

• Like 1