Luxfere

Build a schooner 5k gold?

Ok guys i havent not played in awhile I stopped after a few wipes ago due to being frustrated with all the crazy changes.

Why did you attach such a large amount of gold to build a ship?? What is the gold used for since I am doing all the work?

Drastic changes do not make a game they make it a mess, small changes guys your original concept was a great idea discovering locations and where resources are etc.

Player driven economy is how you can make gold not by being a pirate? Who what developer came up with this sh!t

Edited by Luxfere
  • Like 3

dont worry. craft warehouse and market and you get 5K for schooner in 1-2 days (real days). But this mechanic kill other mechanic like sunken trasure and maps. This is no_good. I dont want do maps ==> and i lose interest in game... 

• Like 1

Bro idk where you can get 5k gold from a warehouse lmao that system isn't working it is still botched depending on your grid

• Like 1

Rob the banks at the lighthouses, the bank breaks twice, on second break it drops a bag that can anything from 5k to 30k gold.

Or kill whales..for 900g a whale roughly

Or get some mates and do blue maps, can avg 5-15k a day that way.

Or do all 3.. plus maybe make some semi decent weapons, tools etc and put them on a shop or trade resouces in shops for around 1g per unit or 1g per 10 and you'll have money rolling in.

• Thanks 1

Yes and what do single players do on Blackwood map? Doesn’t work none of it ohh but ur still charged a crap lot of gold to build a ship ohh and dedicated servers 1 of the 1st mods most people add is no gold ships/shipyards kinda says it all.. they reworked the resources weights which almost makes sub useless now can’t harvest much attal under water ohh and broke the large creature tameing yet again. And once again complete ruined the glider which generally was one of the best ways to do maps because of the stupidity of the devs putting the treasures at the top of cliffs or almost impossible insane places. Don’t get me wrong I love the game but it’s quickly changing into a pvp mess and the pve game 90% of us bought it for is getting forgotten about.

Good luck finding a place to put a farmhouse /warehouse down not in lawless and most private island dont want you to build so the 1 or 2 days to get 5k lol ya right. Start diving or do maps you have 5k faster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After i got a small base, forge, and a small shipyard i managed to get 5k in ~8hours by building a whaling/diving sloop.

Put every level into weight

Add a diving platform

Carry about 250 ballista bolts

Start w 2 ballistas, add a 3rd

Dont forget a bed, small chest, and a resource chest, carry just a bit of wood, thatch & fiber, zero metal

If your speed falls below 6 knots park and wait for wind

Dont recommend diving in Polar Regions (killer whales)

Have a backup diving sloop in a box if bad luck occurs. Luckily never happened to me. This was on PvE btw

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

well i gues if i ever dive deeper into atlas again i will never build a ship bigger than a sloop... :s

Edited by Wichtelman
  • Like 2

see

I stoped playing atlas for the simple reason ships cost way to much I want to return to atlas but why make it free to build ships in (pve) (official) there would be a lot more players a lot more players would return and there might even be new players joining because I'm not sure about anyone else but I find pve  chilled and it's supposed to be fun but pvp is really intense and fun idk the remove ships costing gold and make the resources that you need more 

It would be a lot better and more fun 

Edited by Jgre2301 fud
  • Like 1

I play solo, live in lawless and I'm glad that ships now requires to put some efforts in to it!!! This is no bid deal to earn 5K with no warehouse. Tame any bear. Build mid-speedsail sloop. Go lvl-5 bottles which are usually couple grids away. Check for lvl-10+ sunkens while you at your treasure journeys. And that's it! I mean, you anyway need to do treasures to lvl up, so... 

And if you'll be able to set your trading chain, then... well. With 2 farms, one warehouse and one market - you can get 4-12k gold every day. Check how we did that:

Oh an... yeah, one issue we have in lawless. If things are going to be the same as they are right now, then... well... all land will be claimed and there is no DECAY!!! Meaning if player will drop the game, all his stuff will stays there like for ever! So no chance to wait until someones warehouse will decay, and set your trading chain.

But anyway... let's see what new patch will brings. Maybe DEVs will come up with something.

Edited by George Catcher

25 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

one issue we have in lawless. If things are going to be the same as they are right now, then... well... all land will be claimed and there is no DECAY!!! Meaning if player will drop the game, all his stuff will stays there like for ever! So no chance to wait until someones warehouse will decay, and set your trading chain.

I think this information is not correct. Tere is still auto decay timer of 10 days but it is not shown at the claiming towers... but the claiming towers should decay after 10 days and than your structures will disappear too. Based on PVE server.

2 of my starting sloops sunk in my claimed area because i did not release anchor for 10 days i guess.

You are right that you can get 5k gold with some effort using those very slow sloops... well might be fun for somebody starting the first time into this game... but for all others you want to have a shooner at least... farming that wood, thatch and fibre is not that much of work... like 1-2 hours solo at a good spot. I was lucky to get a gift of 4k gold to add it to my first 1k i made by floatsam and sunken treasures. But sloops are no fun at all.

Just watched a pretty new youtube video harbor run on EU PvP server.... two sloops, two players, 4 cannons and 4 NPCs... shooting on 20 ships about 1 hour... a year ago you would have made a shooner at least and you may survive for 5-10 minutes in such a large harbor. But with gold cost you can't just build that shooner in the lawless next to enemy grid for example.

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 1