Sign in to follow this  
alessandro

unplayable servers with extremely high pings

servers are becoming unplayable with lags, frequent freezes and crashes, very high pings and bugs that are not fixed. when sailing you get stuck with the ship in the middle of the water for 10 seconds and then resume then stop again. what do we want to do? do we fix it or not?

A. Lag is caused by the number of objects that have to be communicated.

B. in PvE, Objects are place en masse as a defense against grieving.  i.e. pillar or floor every 5 meters to keep grievers from building walls around your base / farms / crop plots / traps / lumberyards / shipyards.

C. Why is that necessary? because it is the ONLY recourse.  i have submitted a ticket against a specific company that is grieving us right now.  when i hit submit on the ticket. it instantly changed the status to "solved".

D. the fix?  for the devs, game masters, or whoever to address the grievers.  at least remove the obects that have specifically been placed to cause grief.  then the spamming of pillars / floors would not be needed to protect a company's access to their structures.

• Like 1

The game only has 1 maybe 2 at the most programmers and sometimes I don't think they have that. And you want them to pay for another staffer to police the game. The game cant afford the light bill let alone another staff member. As a lot people are leaving the game I highly doubt what should be will happen till they get the game turned around and playable.

• Thanks 1

Some players think that this sudden poor performance is caused by all the Christmas decorations that have been placed. Others think it's due to something with the lumberyards. Can it be a bit of both? Possible. Hopefully things improve soon.

3 hours ago, UnderTaker905 said:

Some players think that this sudden poor performance is caused by all the Christmas decorations that have been placed. Others think it's due to something with the lumberyards. Can it be a bit of both? Possible. Hopefully things improve soon.

It was happening before the holiday event.  It was happening actually even before the last wipe on E4.  The wipe fixed it for a while and they do occasionally fix it, but it always comes back like the clap.  I did spend a lot of time exploring this zone as it's been my home for the past couple of wipes.  I haven't seen any super egregious foundation spamming.  I've actually seen it worse on zones without lag.  Fields and fields of floors with chairs on them.

I know people aren't going to want to hear it but I think it has to do with the trading still.  I remember when it was completely turned off it seemed great.  Maybe coincidence?

Yes its Bad!  I'm stuck on the water in my ship!  Everytime i log in server crashes and i cant sail it out of the server.  Fish are flying around me and its bad!  D11  also on i11 rubberbanding is so bad cant click on anything with out it poping me back 4 tiles to close out the item i waited to open and animals i click to ride on i have to wait 20 sec's then it pops me on it then off and i'm standing next to it only to repeat the issue

• Like 1

14 players in a zone 150 ping times.. whatever last patch that went in has killed the game no one is around during the holidays

Edited by Luxfere