Sign in to follow this  
Captplaya

Taming

Has anyone tried taking using the tranq arrows? I’ve knocked something out much like in Ark  but it won’t give you the option to force feed it. Not really sure once it’s knocked out how to feed them since this is a new update and there’s no tutorial

Hahahahahahaha Lol to tried em out before the servers crashed for Xbox players. Totally useless. Put a bola on it just as the tame is about to wake up then feed it. The only use is to move tames into traps. A totally unless idea. 

I would also like to know this.

I can't access the inventory and I don't get the option to feed it.
Holding down E does nothiing.

Dont know about tranq arrows but as someone who tamed more than 100 animals of all kinds Ill tell the easiest way to tame is with a bear. Tricky part is taming the first bear, after u have it you can tame any animal easily.  

So, to tame first one all you need is 2 bows (because they break), 100 arrows, bolas and preferred food in the last hotbar slot. Shoot a bear from a distance and climb on some rock or a hill so the bear cant get u. Shoot it until its low and then bola it. After it's down, walk slowly from behind to find a sweet spot to feed em (for a bear its behind its front legs). You can put bed just in case u die. And also, if they run away, just wait, they will come back at u.

After you've managed to tame first one, every other tame is easy mode. Just lower any animal u want to tame with a bear and bola it while sitting on a bear. After the animal is down jump off the bear and feed it. DONT forget to put your bear on passive because it will kill the animal if it hits you.

Ive never built a taming pen after 1700hours of playing. No need to litter these beautiful islands 🙂

Happy taming!

Edited by ave26