Sign in to follow this  
Velisious

Don't buy this game ever

Waste of time and lots of frustration to add. Pc companies farm Xbox community for content, not items or anything, nope. Just grief and grief because they don't fight other big crews. All these lvl 100+ people 2 days after a wipe and you just be lvl 20 getting bent over while they think they have skills. I was all geared up in armor and guns and couldn't stop one naked guy from punching my npcs to death. Mega crews use mega exploits to get ahead faster then any small crew ever could. And we can't even use the same methods cause they are just waiting around to farm people with absolutely nothing to gain... don't buy. 

1 hour ago, Velisious said:

Waste of time and lots of frustration to add. Pc companies farm Xbox community for content, not items or anything, nope. Just grief and grief because they don't fight other big crews. All these lvl 100+ people 2 days after a wipe and you just be lvl 20 getting bent over while they think they have skills. I was all geared up in armor and guns and couldn't stop one naked guy from punching my npcs to death. Mega crews use mega exploits to get ahead faster then any small crew ever could. And we can't even use the same methods cause they are just waiting around to farm people with absolutely nothing to gain... don't buy. 

dont worry. This peoples "lvl 100+ people 2 days after a wipe" dont have real life DDD

Maybe at release we will get console only servers? That way we can all suffer equally instead of getting rolled by PC players the second there is an Xbox outage or heaven forbid an update. PC players can update faster and they use it to their advantage sinking your ships while you stare at the update bar barely move. The only way to play this game is with a PC or PC company members. Xbox only is a guaranteed way to lose all your fake stuff, but at least you can watch it happen on YouTube or Twitch, so there's that.

• Like 2

When Atlas first went to xbox, there was no way xbox players were gonna be on a level battlefield with the pc players. Not only had the pc players been playing for nearly a year already and so had the game pretty much tied up ,And as well as a lot of menu differences , the controls on xbox are a lot slower to use . there are also objects in the water that do not render for the xbox players at all. You only find out when you hit them! I have both versions and believe me we got royally shafted with the xbox version. And we also paid 3 times more for the game.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, Velisious said:

LvL 100+ within 2 days of a wipe implies some solid exploiting and/or outright cheating. Even we PC players struggle to compete against that. The Chinese for example will always cheat as its in their cheater blood. Really anyone that's big is almost certainly cheating. I've seen several of them do it. I have not yet found out how to cheat myself despite a few hours of looking for one. (SO if anyone knows how, feel free to PM me. I'm all for cheating when I feel like I'm the only one not doing it.)

If you think this is a skill game you are dead wrong. It is a true MMO in the fact that lvls and gear decide the winner of any battle. You will have to get up near lvl 120 to have a chance to compete against lvl 120s. That being said, I have not been above about lvl 70 as a solo. Certainly don't try to fight these mega assholes anymore. 

Now you absolutely could use the same methods, save when they patch it out and only the megas profited from it. The problem is they wont tell you what those methods are. They would be like @Acemac and say there is a solution and not say shit about it.

Can't do anything about any of that stuff.

However you can improve your situation.

Get a decent PC and level that playing field. Or you could upgrade to the new xbox, but you would still not be as good as on a PC.

Actually the cheats for atlas are downloadable, In fact they make it so public and blatant, that I can't believe The devs haven't tried to shut it down. I found out when I came across a company using cheats against me,  I googled what they had done and the link was there on the google search! If you download it you will have no idea what else you have unwittingly downloaded either, ie, trojan, virus etc. I will say I personally do not like cheating or agree with people that do it online, If I want to mess around I do it in single player. You might as well cheat at solitaire if you can only win that way. Pc already has the advantage over xbox, so why cheat?  Surely there is no satisfaction in beating someone when you know you can't lose anyway. Exploits are one type of bad, but cheat code use should be an automatic ban imo.

Put 200 hours on the last wipe, had a wonderful time with 4 people on pvp. 3 xbox players and one pc player; that's me. While we had survived cheaters, greifers and much more Atlas is not essentially a game like any other. If you and your crew do not sacrifice real life to play 7 days a week 16 hours a day. Something is bound to destroy you in your sleep, resetting you back no matter how many brigs/galleons you had the last time you logged off.

The only way to succeed in this game is massive trial and error, but I believe seasons should happen every 6 months. It's the only way to put everyone on even footing everytime, otherwise anytime you get raided and sent back to spawn. That's it for you, because now you can't compete with the people who retained their bases, unless you are really good a diplomacy and forged a strong alliance of small tribes. Yet we've all seen it time and time again, small tribes get convinced to merge into mega, then become slave workers and abandon all former alliances.

This is one of the greatest games i've ever played, also the hardest. Certainly makes ark look easy.

I'm not sure that it's fair that everybody else should lose all their stuff every 6 months just because you lose yours? That's like having my car stolen and demanding that my neighbour has to walk to work too!

4 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

I'm not sure that it's fair that everybody else should lose all their stuff every 6 months just because you lose yours? That's like having my car stolen and demanding that my neighbour has to walk to work too!

I'm saying that shorter seasons will make a more approachable game, compared to several companies having max everything and owning giant sectors. Seasons give the ability to reestablish power.

Yeh but 6 monthly wipes will lose some of the already dwindling player base, and any that do remain will have to put in a lot of hours daily. Not everyone has that much time.

We've had 4 wipes and theres not been one single wipe where there was less players after a wipe then it was before. The lowest player numbers we have had was at the end of season 1. Without wipes this game would 100% be dead. The most content and fun this game have to offer is in the first couple of weeks, after that its just down hill.

A few months into every season the players numbers start to dwindle, PvE players run out of shit to do. PvP players get wiped and quit, or wear out on the endless structure grind and braindead end game pvp. Not to mention all the game breaking bugs and poorly thought out patches that can ruin a whole season *cough* barrels *cough*.

Even the economy in this game is just a hyperinflation in the making. I don't even know what they were thinking, magically generating gold just by moving goods between two companies.

The game simply isn't sustainable without the wipes.

• Like 1

We have lost players after wipes tbh, if you don't believe me look back on the forums. But that aside I wouldn't want to play a game that is like a rust on water. Games like that are just a grief fest. I don't know if they are following a road map, or just walking around a maze. But all Atlas is doing for me now is making me want someone to release an actual Pyrate mmo, and not just a revamped ark dlc that is still pretending to be one.