Sign in to follow this  
Ranger1k

Lets analyze the possibilities

What do you think caused the xbox outage?  

5 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Since we've been given ZERO information on the OFFICAL forums, what do you think is the problem?

• Patch intentionally broke xbox but not PC? Sidenote somebody has been on atleast 3 threads recommending a PC "emergency account"
    • Patch accidentally broke xbox but not PC. Some xbox players reported playing post patch then ping spiked..
    • GS or 3rd party screwed up porting process
    • Cyber attack, hack or maybe sabotage?
    • Something with the patch itself created this odd situation
    • Other (please explain in comments)

Any verified in info from the 4 other sources would be appreciated.

Edited by Ranger1k

NO support, No dev interest or ability. And someone is obviously in BattlEye Innovations pocket. Because if I was a dev and I had seen the amount of shit it causes I would have fuc*ed it off by now. Someone is making back hander bucks is my only conclusion.

I would like to think if any XBox players have seen this abortion they would have more common sense than to pay Grapeshit any more money.

Edited by Garfi

You forget the possibility that it wasn't even Atlas' fault, but something to do with Microsoft and the Xbox. Possibly something in the code got blocked from the Xbox confirmation process. That's my guess. Given the holiday season it just took longer to sort out.

Edited by Ms Eddie
  • Like 1

@Ms Eddie yea thats what i was vaguely referring to with the vote options "GS or 3rd party screwed up porting process" & the "other" option.Obviously you expressed it much better 🙂 Also to further validate your point this is definitely the time of year when the webs backbone and bottlenecks get the ultimate stress test w all the gift giving, new releases, and people on holiday..

@eeeceee

A. There were news stories circulating in mainstream about a cyber attack..

B. If I'm not mistaken there have been verified hacks earlier in the development of this game, no?

C. Sabotage - are you asserting that people never sabotage things?.. That espionage doesn't occur?...

Thank YOU for the laugh @eeeceee

Edited by Ranger1k

1 hour ago, Ranger1k said:

this is definitely the time of year when the webs backbone and bottlenecks get the ultimate stress test w all the gift giving, new releases, and people on holiday..

The webs backbone and bottlenecks and portals of the internet superhighway are getting the most ultimate of ultimate stress tests.

1 hour ago, Ranger1k said:

@eeeceee

A. There were news stories circulating in mainstream about a cyber attack..

B. If I'm not mistaken there have been verified hacks earlier in the development of this game, no?

C. Sabotage - are you asserting that people never sabotage things?.. That espionage doesn't occur?...

Thank YOU for the laugh @eeeceee

Yeah, must be a cyber attack hack or maybe even *dramatic music* espionage. All those news stories about cyber attacks, and if you arent mistaken verified hacks and yeah sabotaging things must occur, you are so smart.

Just to make a small point from someone who is involved with the basic infrastructure. Holiday times are when the infrastructure is under the least stress. Home users do not hugely impact the infrastructure to the same levels as running businesses. The only holiday downtimes you should notice are when individual suppliers and online businesses use the reduction of traffic as an excuse to carry out maintenance. 

We know that isn't happening with grapeshot because they haven't a clue what to do with there online presence at any time.

@Garfi sorry but..

Actually having also worked with the infastructure, for a Fortune 100 ISP, it was considered a well known fact that the dramatic rise of video streaming over the last decade accounted for as much as 80% of internet traffic during peak periods. People off work equals more of this.. and gaming etc..

Add to that the plethora of smart devices and apps now CONSTANTLY connected (siri, smart watches, phones, doorbells etc) and I'm pretty sure the residential usage dwarfs the business usage..

Sorry don't have an actual citation friend

Also don't forget those gift cards being used for online shopping..

Edited by Ranger1k

I don't know what the stats are in US but in UK we have notices a huge change in the dynamic since the start of COVID. The prevalence of home working and the overheads caused by that has definitely swapped the peak use here, probably because we are all getting our gaming fix during work hours 😉

• Like 1

Trust me playing on the PC hasn't been a picnic either.  We had to completely evacuate our home grid, E4, and make a second home elsewhere.  It was completely unplayable.  Even when I checked and there was only me and one other person in the grid it was completely unresponsive for the most part.  If you were very very patient you could fast travel long enough to feed your tames.  Seems like something was screwed up on that grid server.  Maybe a memory leak or runaway process.  Maybe even a database optimization issue since it seemed to persist through reboots.  We'll probably never know but I have the suspicion it had to do with the christmas items since the tree still isn't producing anything.

• Like 1