ATLAS

Patch V519.5

On 12/21/2020 at 8:55 PM, ATLAS said:

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

Ya know after the I calmed down from the Season 3 wipe i made a reasonable attempt to chill out, accept its EA, and i even defended this development team, playing devils advocate on MULTIPLE ISSUES that most of the community was opposed to.

Theres no polite way to put it, y'all are as lost as a bastard on Fathers Day. You could give a fucking aspirin a headache.

Case and point YOU HAVE A FUCKING COMMUNITY FORUM RIGHT HERE! Anyone who has access to the 4 other platforms your utilizing has a goddam internet connection. Your giving away your ad revenue you incompetent jagassses.. The only thing you should be saying on ANY social media is come to playatlas.com for updates and video. PERIOD. Put a few ads on the border and collect the cash you negligent ass-clowns.

Thats business 101.

Hopefully I've captured a section of your minuscule attention span by providing the thrashing you've earned.

I won't even bother addressing game issues until you learn to have a coherent and reciprocal conversation ON YOUR FUCKING FLAGSHIP WEBSITE.

Turn off the other 4 phones shitheads.

Ranger out.

Edited by Ranger1k

relax. discord theyre giving updates on whats happening

17 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

Ys know after the I calmed down from the Season 3 wipe i made a reasonable attempt to chill out, accept its EA, and i even defended this development team, playing devils advocate on MULTIPLE ISSUES that most of the community was opposed to.

Theres no polite way to put it, y'all are as lost as a bastard on Fathers Day. You could give a fucking aspirin a headache.

Case and point YOU HAVE A FUCKING COMMUNITY FORUM RIGHT HERE! Anyone who has access to the 4 other platforms your utilizing has a goddam internet connection. Your giving away your ad revenue you inompetent jagassses.. The only thing you should be saying on ANY social media is come to playatlas.com for updates and video. PERIOD. Put a few ads on the border and collect the cash you negligent ass-clowns.

Thats business 101.

Hopefully I've captured a section of your minuscule attention span by providing the thrashing you've earned.

I won't even bother addressing game issues until you learn to have a coherent and reciprocal conversation ON YOUR FUCKING FLAGSHIP WEBSITE.

Turn off the other 4 phones shitheads.

Ranger out.

relax, theyre giving updates on whats happening on discord atm.

• Haha 2

@Enki Anunnaki

This is their flagship website. Social interaction is supposed to occur here.

If you don't agree w that then we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree

Edited by Ranger1k

Sidenote.

I have zero desire to add

Discord

Facebook

Twitter

Twitch

MySpace

Tiktok

or any of that unnecessary crap to my phone. It has a browser, IM and email. Nothing more is necessary for this company to communicate to its fanbase.

All these other apps can go datamine my toilet..

When I click on the official Discord link above, I get taken to the accept invite page.  I accept, and nothing happens.

So I go out of my way to get on this goddam forum, create an account just to try and figure out what’s going on and get some info. But fuck me. Why would anyone post news to their official forum? How do I get in this fucking invite only discord where you’re hiding info from us console players?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

....you took the gliders away? Who in the fuck ever even complained about them? No one!

Grats you fixed the barrels after months. This is the same thing. I'd rather see you introduce airships than take away the gliders.

Common guys! You've ruined the fact that you increased reverse speeds on boats. Not that I can afford a real boat anymore. But hey, at least I can fly either. Why are you consistently locking out content and shutting down options. No I get to play a poor castaway who is limited to land movement only. 

Restore this change or you can GFYS for Christmas.

• Like 2

Lumberyard : Well, 1/3 more harvesting than a farmhouse ? Not worth it, i cant even consume the materials from my farmhouse.

Markets/Warehouse : Why ? The megatribes block all trade by owning the sea forts.

Sea Forts : „Conquer them on PVP, big fun“. Ähm no fun unfortunately. How am i supposed to shoot down 6 defence towers as a solo ?

Narco Arrows : Usefull to hunt horses without building a trap base, nice so far.

Hats for Bears : The girls might like it.

200% reverse speed : Thats nice, i habe to admit. Better quality of life with this change.

Armored Dock : Very nice to have a ship safe while offline. But 10.000 gold is just crazy, i am not Jeff Bezos !

Lumberyard : Well, 1/3 more harvesting than a farmhouse ? Not worth it, i cant even consume the materials from my farmhouse.

Markets/Warehouse : Why ? The megatribes block all trade by owning the sea forts.

Sea Forts : „Conquer them on PVP, big fun“. Ähm no fun unfortunately. How am i supposed to shoot down 6 defence towers as a solo ?

Narco Arrows : Usefull to hunt horses without building a trap base, nice so far.

Hats for Bears : The girls might like it.

200% reverse speed : Thats nice, i have to admit. Better quality of life with this change.

Armored Dock : Very nice to have a ship safe while offline. But 10.000 gold is just crazy, i am not Jeff Bezos !

Gliders : Very good change devs, thank you ! I l just love all the hate threats of the glider whiners here. I am too stupid to use a glider, now nobody can use them.

Edited by Dev Crusher

19 hours ago, Dev Crusher said:

Gliders : Very good change devs, thank you ! I l just love all the hate threats of the glider whiners here. I am too stupid to use a glider, now nobody can use them.

And furthermore I......wha.....wtf did you just say?!

You agree with a BS change becuase your a self described moron? 

You sir, have taken away any good response I could make.

Stupid people like stupid shit. 

On 12/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, Concerned hardcore player said:

As supportive as some of the community tries to be, the sheer lack of balance in these updates is demoralizing. From the beginning of barrels in cannons, to ships costing unsustainable amounts of gold, and now gliders being practically useless. It seems it’s a teeter totter from one extreme to the other. I will thank you for the removal of barrels from cannons on behalf of the majority of the player base, and that you continue to put effort and time into optimizing the gameplay. However, perhaps consulting players on how to solve problems would offer more popular solutions. 
it seems like the glider nerf is your solution for lighthouses being used on barrel bombing towers. This is ridiculous, for several reasons with realism being the first. Then you have mountains on islands that are well above 2 lighthouses high and it’s the most efficient way to get around. And third, it is an incredibly enjoyable experience in the game that actually can draw in players. Instead of nerfing an enjoyable tool and experience in the game, you instead limit the placing of lighthouses to below 100m?

Balance.

Another hot topic is the gold cost of ships. Small to medium sized company’s can not sustain the gold costs of the ships. With large companies being able to put out larger upgraded ships, smaller companies can only splurge on their ships and likely only have common ship parts which are often the prey of larger companies. If you truly want all to be on the sea more, you NEED to make ships cost significantly less. 
And I will say this before it becomes an idea you all pass around. DO NOT remove customization of ships. You will lose me as a player as well as every other captain out there. 

The gold cost on ships is not really a problem. Even as a very small company we have galleons, brigs, and schooners for every player in the company and the means to replace them as needed.  Gold cost for ships is necessary otherwise there is really no risk. Last season I had 7 personal galleons simply because there was no cost. If you don’t have the means to make at least a schooner then you’re clearly not whaling or doing any maps. And if you’re not a big enough company to pull the 50k for a galleon relatively quickly  then you really don’t need a galleon anyways since you will probably lose it pretty quick without enough players to run one. 

As a solo player and being lucky enough to have been present the day of the last wipe, I have a warehouse and a couple of farms. Which provides a suitable income which provides for all my pleasure yachting experiences. However, I do feel the balance of the  game needs a severe tweak to ensure everyone has a chance to enjoy. I think the rewards and overall focus of this game need to be altered.

At the moment, the three big money spinners in the game are in order:

1.Doing nothing (Login in once a day and emptying Warehouse into Ships locker and checking bears have food) 5K gold per day with a decent market. Risk - almost nil (dependant on zone, some are so unplayable it is impossible to gather food for said bears).

2. Risking your million pound superyacht (supersloop 😎) to do lots of dives (watch out for them zones, you never know which one will lock you out and then it is back to SunSeeker (small shipyard) for another sloop. 3k to 5k per 4 hours of play. Risk - moderate to high chance of losing all you have with you, Not through intentional dangers (Ships of the Damned etc.,  just from zoning.

3. Putting extensive armament onto said Superyacht to risk the vagaries of Greenpeace (Ships of the Damned) in an attempt to take on the behemoths of the sea (Whale hunting). 0 to 3k per 4 hours of gameplay. Risk - as above Serial 2 mostly from the fact the game is not correctly configured to allow safe zoning.

Lets be honest Treasure maps and Greenpeace hunting should be up there but there is virtually no gold in either activity and once you have got a mythical fishing pole BP why would you bother to do either again. 

Whilst serials 2 and 3 are fun and probably what we are suppose to be doing in this game. I suspect the Developers of this game really wish we would start doing more of serial one. Why else would they spend time on Lumber Yards, Ramming Galleys, Charcoal burners, For Fuc*s sake hats on fuc*ing bears and not fixing the current issues.

The Lumber yard, what the fuc*. The farm works perfectly at the moment. It has up sides and down sides. Come on guys "My farmhouse collects to many berries", Boo Hoo use the O key, dump that shit. Don't let your laziness be a reason for something that works fine to be nerfed like everything else good about this game.

Ramming Galley or as I call it the large corps only ship, Its too expensive, the mechanism to get it is fucked up. Buy it from a vendor. Well fuc*ing thanks I have spent my whole life in this game collecting resources and now you want me to forget that, haul 20 million tonnes of hard earned gold, re-spec so I can carry it and then pay for a ship which is effectively useless. And then the latest brainstorm - The dev team think; it is not fuc*ing exclusive enough, we will get the retards who want one, to find Rhino's, kill millions of the rare fuc*ing things to get a ship.

Lets face it, unless you are in one of the two of three super corps, all you are going to do with it if you are stupid enough to buy one, is put into a fucking armoured Dock (as if we need more large buildings to fuck up the already laggy zones) and pay for its storage; may as well build a sloop for all the good it will do. 

And then in the Devs infinite wisdom they nerf one of the truly fun parts of the game. Why on earth would you nerf gliding suits. It is not going to stop people making big towers they do that to fuck the zones up for other people its why bears scratch trees and dogs piss on lamp posts its subliminal they don't think they just have to do it (I bet they all have small penises too).    

And by the way I have to agree with Ranger1K why the fuc* would I want to visit any other site than the official Game site to get updates about the game. That is the most fuc*ed up shit I have yet seen. Sure have a multi social media presence but everything should be posted on the website first, its the OFFICIAL WEBSITE for Fuc*s sake.

I have a feeling this may be my last post, as I have just about reached the point where I am only logging in to the game to feed the animals and block other players from building Farms and Warehouses. I cant be arsed to sail the ships, as I have had to many stuck between zones or have randomly lost tame incidents. I have never had any responses to my daily bug reports (mostly about the pit that is E4) and I don't feel the game is being developed by a intelligently lead or focused development team. I have over the last year and a half mostly enjoyed the game but it is starting to feel like a obligation and I don't feel like anything the community says is listened too. I suspect the developers:

1. have never played this or any other roleplay type game.

2. Do not speak any language used on their own forums.

3. Are all part time and only paid for new content (no mater how ill-conceived).  

If I was asked what they should focus on for new content. I would say:

1. Safe shipping for Tames, Crates for small and tethering points for large. It shouldn't be to hard to implement, think of chairs for animals. I have never lost a crew man overboard at a zone who was in a chair. Or even in a laggy zone.

2. Concentrate on getting the laggy zones workable again, if that means restricting building blocks per person/corp per zone then implement that! Working zones must be the priority. This is after all a pirate game not minecraft.

3. Bring out more diverse ships to build and scrap the ship vendor. It would be better to allow boarding of NPC ships than continue with the stupid idea that a pirate should pay a merchant for a ship. Plus the grind use to be what kept people in the game.

4. Implement fleets, a solo player should be able to hire pirate captains or promote NPCs to control his other ships. 

5. Include other merchant NPC ships to attack, trade with or board/capture and landsmen with towns and villages to attack or trade with make it feel like a inhabited world.  

6. A proper economy where people can sell/buy items globally. Possibly using the exchange systems in the larger towns. (see serial 5)

7. Probably the most important one. The fuc*ing game must be globally linked, this zones shit is like playing Everquest again. The world should be a single linked and seamless world with global communications and seamless vision and travel. Constantly wondering if this zone is going to be the one with a Red Galleon to run into or where you loose your current ship to a synchronisation error is absolutely unacceptable. 

For the sake of those in the game who have put up with this shit for so long please start to treat this like a business and stop treating it like a Sunday afternoon project.  

Edited by Garfi
  • Like 2

On 12/23/2020 at 4:41 AM, Concerned hardcore player said:

As supportive as some of the community tries to be, the sheer lack of balance in these updates is demoralizing. From the beginning of barrels in cannons, to ships costing unsustainable amounts of gold, and now gliders being practically useless. It seems it’s a teeter totter from one extreme to the other. I will thank you for the removal of barrels from cannons on behalf of the majority of the player base, and that you continue to put effort and time (???? lolwut) into optimizing the gameplay. However, perhaps consulting players on how to solve problems would offer more popular solutions. 

Barrels, gold cost for ships, gliders... etc.

it seems like the glider nerf is your solution for lighthouses being used on barrel bombing towers.

They probably think it will stop the lag.

This is ridiculous, for several reasons with realism being the first. Then you have mountains on islands that are well above 2 lighthouses high and it’s the most efficient way to get around. And third, it is an incredibly enjoyable experience in the game that actually can draw in players. Instead of nerfing an enjoyable tool and experience in the game, you instead limit the placing of lighthouses to below 100m?

What? Instead of nerfing an enjoyable tool, lighthouses are limited to below 100m?

I guess you mean that instead of making an enjoyable experience, the devs just nerf. Just fyi, this has been the case since Ark started development.

Balance.

Another hot topic is the gold cost of ships. Small to medium sized company’s can not sustain the gold costs of the ships. With large companies being able to put out larger upgraded ships, smaller companies can only splurge on their ships and likely only have common ship parts which are often the prey of larger companies. If you truly want all to be on the sea more, you NEED to make ships cost significantly less. 
And I will say this before it becomes an idea you all pass around. DO NOT remove customization of ships. You will lose me as a player as well as every other captain out there. 

I guess the err "thinking" is that small to medium sized companies are lagging our shitty servers with their ships on our game that is supposed to be all about ships. So, just nerf 'em.

About Gliders nerf i think it is literally shot in the knee in state as is now.

First of all why they work 110m above sea lvl and not landscape lvl. there are lots of island that have mountains and  plain landscape higher then that.

I suspect that this nerf have something to do with pvp. But i think it should work a little different. So here is my idea.:

1. Add Blueprints for different Quality Gliders.

2. Quality of Gliders will depends how high in Meters above sea lvl they can fly(glide)

3. Mythical Quality Glider will have no restriction to Glide lvl and work like old ones but to craft them and Repair them will require Mythos

4. Re balance durability of gliders that they will loss more durability the higher you glide so if you have mythical quality glider with no restriction Gliding from high will break it Quickly then using it on lower heights. (more often repairs so more use of mythos if using it higher)

5. Add skill branch Glider Proficiency in armor skill window that will limit quality of glider you can use and force you to spent points on it.

Doing it like that will create this.

1.Players will start for hunt for HQ BP for gliders and you will give them some new option to do.

2.Having Gliders on BP will increase Trading , Economy and interaction between companies so i think it is win-win scenario.

3.As higher Quality BP Have less uses to craft crafting multiple of HQ Gliders and using it in pvp with risk of loosing gear will discourage players for using it on that.

Generally this is my idea.

• Sad 1

This suggestion will just benefit the mega clans. I am happy enough as solo player to have some green tools.

And its heaven on earth if my warehouse survives a night without loltroll teenage kiddies with 1 foundation & 1 cannon pass by.

If you want to improve your latest game edition :

Give 10 million HP to the warehouses or at least bring them in line with the market HP

And lock the farmhouses for the owners, also give more HP to the farmhouses.

Increase player weapon damage to pets. At the moment a rider will always auto-win.