ATLAS

Patch V519.5

59 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

The glider is one of the FUN things to do. I’m sure it has some tactical advantage in PVP but in PVE it’s just fun and useful. You built a world with sky high pillars and cliffs and for 2 YEARS we have used the glider to explore and travel. Please please please change it back. How about no weapons while gliding? How about limiting gliding time? How about a quicker wear out? The height restriction is unnecessary and debilitating.

I hate it. The glider should have just been left alone. You say no weapons during gliding but I’m sure you play on pve and not on pvp. Sniping and gliding is not as easy as people who play on pve would think it is. Just leave the damn gliders alone now traveling from our main base to our border towers to defend will be that much harder, I never heard anyone complaining about gliders to begin with. 
we would be so much happier to see less new content and just fix and work on the things already in game. They add hats yet Christmas trees still don’t work, they nerf gliders yet cross grid trading still isn’t working, they add lumber yards but control points still don’t collect taxes. 
stop just adding stuff for the sake of adding stuff that doesn’t really effect the overall gameplay and focus on current in game mechanics that do so you don’t keep creating a longer list of crap to fix later. Tranq arrows.... what were you thinking they are useless and whoever tested and decided it was useful should be looking for a new job. 

Edited by Reeking cannonbait
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just tested the "new gliders". All we get to do is skim on the ground. They are basically out of the game now. I have one thing to say about it. Screw you developers. Seriously, go fork yourselves with your stupid new bear hats. You just removed the only fun thing in this game. Shame on you.

Edited by PoE
  • Like 3

As supportive as some of the community tries to be, the sheer lack of balance in these updates is demoralizing. From the beginning of barrels in cannons, to ships costing unsustainable amounts of gold, and now gliders being practically useless. It seems it’s a teeter totter from one extreme to the other. I will thank you for the removal of barrels from cannons on behalf of the majority of the player base, and that you continue to put effort and time into optimizing the gameplay. However, perhaps consulting players on how to solve problems would offer more popular solutions. 
it seems like the glider nerf is your solution for lighthouses being used on barrel bombing towers. This is ridiculous, for several reasons with realism being the first. Then you have mountains on islands that are well above 2 lighthouses high and it’s the most efficient way to get around. And third, it is an incredibly enjoyable experience in the game that actually can draw in players. Instead of nerfing an enjoyable tool and experience in the game, you instead limit the placing of lighthouses to below 100m?

Balance.

Another hot topic is the gold cost of ships. Small to medium sized company’s can not sustain the gold costs of the ships. With large companies being able to put out larger upgraded ships, smaller companies can only splurge on their ships and likely only have common ship parts which are often the prey of larger companies. If you truly want all to be on the sea more, you NEED to make ships cost significantly less. 
And I will say this before it becomes an idea you all pass around. DO NOT remove customization of ships. You will lose me as a player as well as every other captain out there. 

• Like 4

- You do not care about the people who play this game.
- Scrap the gold for ships
- First fix all the bugs fix the lagging
- Give Xbox their own server
- Listen to the people who play this game and did play this game
- Fix the invisible warehouse and farmhous on non dedicated servers (i only play this sometimes to keep track)
- Every time you send out a fix or update people have more problems first test what you make on a test server, it normel to have some problem but not this much.

happy christmas for the people who play Atlas, and i hope Santa keeps the devs at the north pole

To continued

Edited by The Max
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Warspectre said:

If you ordered a meal at a restaurant and it wasn't cooked properly, are you saying unless you could cook just as well as the chef you have no right to complain?  As paying customers we have a right, even an obligation to point out when the service or product doesn't meet our expectations. Your post is patently absurd.

Yes, it is in early access, but if no one points out when things aren't going in the right direction guess what the full release will end up like, if we ever actually get there? 

i agree with both sides but I don't believe that "to point out when the service or product doesn't meet our expectation" is smashing your forehead against a keyboard just to hate on the people who attempted to make a better experience for you. 

• Like 1

Can anyone tell us who left the OP DEV in charge of decision making. Why does it seem that every decision made is almost always "all or nothing" from a player standpoint? Does the atlas team need testers? Because I volunteer as tribute. Y'all need to test these ideas or find other avenues of finding a happy medium before launching major game changing patches. I love the overall idea of Atlas but I don't like the ill informed or unimaginative restrictions being placed on players.

• Like 1

FIXED?????? PvE Warehouses should be limited to one per island for each company!!!BECAUSE WE CANT MAKE SHIPS WITHOUT GOLD NOW THE GAME IS USELESS IN PvE! FIX THE STUPID RANGE OR LIMIT THEM PER COMPANY. ONLY A SELECT FEW CAN THRIVE BS!!!!!

• Like 1

You people all need to chill out. If any of you think you could make a better game then step up to bat. Everyone knew when they bought the game it was a preview....

@warspectre if I went to a restaurant knowing the restaurant only served Mac and cheese and expected a steak who’s the fool?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Justhetippp said:

You people all need to chill out. If any of you think you could make a better game then step up to bat. Everyone knew when they bought the game it was a preview....

@warspectre if I went to a restaurant knowing the restaurant only served Mac and cheese and expected a steak who’s the fool?

Thing is they don't have their Priorities straight. And also, you going into the resurant that clearly states mac an cheese when you want steak, down right you. They need to fix not add to the problem, its not engineering where if it barely runs just leave because its perfect.

You clearly missed the first half of this conversation. I agree with all of you guys about the issues the game is having. All I’m trying to get across is to chill out. Some of these comments are just ridiculous. 

Pro:

-Markets work now

-Reversing ship speed increased

-Bears can wear hats...i love it

Cons:

-MASSIVE performance issues in almost every grid

-christmas trees dont produce gifts

who ever thought 110 meters for the glider to open up and make it from sea lvl as the start point your a moron half the island that are raised 20 to 50 meters above sea lvl are now useless for a glider like 300 to 500 meters would of be fine to stop island hoping with a glider like do you guys play your own game ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You made it so we can't glide from the tops of mountains? Really? Why? Seriously the stuff you do makes absolutely no sense! Gliding is one of my favorite parts of Atlas and to do some of the maps and gather resources on tops of the pillars on islands sometimes a very NECESSARY part. Why on earth would you make it that we can only glide the height of a lighthouse? It is absurd 😠  I will ask nicely that you please change it back and ASAP. Of all the things to nerf... What is the point of a glider if you can't glide from the tops of pillars and mountains? Do any of you actually PLAY Atlas? Because it sure doesn't seem like it to me. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PhoenixFire said:

You made it so we can't glide from the tops of mountains? Really? Why? Seriously the stuff you do makes absolutely no sense! Gliding is one of my favorite parts of Atlas and to do some of the maps and gather resources on tops of the pillars on islands sometimes a very NECESSARY part. Why on earth would you make it that we can only glide the height of a lighthouse? It is absurd 😠  I will ask nicely that you please change it back and ASAP. Of all the things to nerf... What is the point of a glider if you can't glide from the tops of pillars and mountains? Do any of you actually PLAY Atlas? Because it sure doesn't seem like it to me. 

Im positive the devs said said something along the line of "we try to avoid nerfing things unless absolutely necessary, and put our focus on making things fun.." Skimmed all the announcements and i cant find it now... Why has gliding been nerfed? 😒

19 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

Im positive the devs said said something along the line of "we try to avoid nerfing things unless absolutely necessary, and put our focus on making things fun.." Skimmed all the announcements and i cant find it now... Why has gliding been nerfed? 😒

It baffles me as to what the reason could be for nerfing the height of a glider which the purpose of is to jump from high heights and glide down to earth... I would like to know their exact reason for doing so as well. And focus on making things fun... the glider is one of the most fun things in my opinion so it seems they like to take away a lot of the fun things

• Like 1

I entered my base last evening, I was about to test something about this new lumbermill but... well. G8 PVE got to unplayable state.

There are freezes and warpbacks every 14 sec.

I mean every 14 sec all wild fauna stops for 2-3 sec, then, if you move during this stop period, then you teleport back to where you were before this stop happen. It stupid. You jump from the pier to your ship, run through the deck, enter lower deck. Next second you find yourself running the pier right in to waters. You go for metal with your horse. You command horse to follow. You found metal node, run to it and start to hit it. Next second you find yourself 20 steppes back, hitting your poor horse.

I refuse to play and test everything in these conditions.

I had this issue before wipe, when devs didn't show up for a months! And yeah... I guess no codding will help here. Grapeshot need seriously improve their machinery!

On 12/22/2020 at 9:03 AM, Justhetippp said:

Dude u play on 25x boosted sever ..your opinion is invalid

1 hour ago, Charles Mason said:

Dude u play on 25x boosted sever ..your opinion is invalid

dude u play on 1x server ..your opinion is invalid

Someone whos familiar w the Microsoft petition process should submit a request to have it pulled from the stores until the issue is resolved.

Does singleplayer even work?

Maybe that would motivate the developers to fix the problem instead of (possibly) using sleazy tactics to boost their Steam sales

Edited by Ranger1k

Good job broke the game for xbox players so stuped turn servers ofline till you fix the game and make servers for xbox only

Any code wizards know what it means when i look under file info section on xbox and it states IsPreIndexed:False?