Sign in to follow this  
PapiC

Game is Dead

Just looking at the forums is a big tell that this game is dying. An active playerbase, in my experience, continually posts in the forums daily alongside in other mediums such as Reddit. The fact that this games community isn't as active compared to others is just...disappointing. You seriously can't keep using the excuse of "this game is in alpha" as a reason to explain the horrible state of the game and the problems that plague it. We are expected, as consumers, to deal with an "unfinished" game while Grapeshot Games/Instinct Games  took the money and went back to their other game, a money transfer. For such easy fixes as limiting the amount of warehouses and farmhouses can be implemented any time they want, yet nothing. Getting dropped by Battleye because "query" when running a near top of the line PC is unacceptable. Do the devs play this game? It is all about island hopping to level up and there is nothing unique about each grid. Absolutely nothing, the only change is the shape of the island and weather. Tames still take a stupid amount of time to tame even when you're specialized in the tree, tames still "fall out" of your ship, leveling up your AI crewmates are rather pointless, ridiculous gold cost for a schooner which limits small companies/solo players, holy fuck the amount of issues in this game is alarming. Goddamn lions can snipe you off your mount almost a quarter away across on an island while your tame runs over, but by that time you're already dead. Claiming system is just dumb as hell I should not have to dive in further. 

I played both PvP and PvE and I can honestly say this game is NOT going to last much long nor be on par with ARK. This game just seemed like it was hastily put together while devs springboard ideas from this game into ARK2/see the limitations of the current engine in use. I love this game and still play, but just not with the same sense of awe and eagerness. It's more of a "well, there's some time in my day and I'm bored of playing xyz, I guess some Atlas will do." Atlas is an appetizer that was heated up in a microwave, served cold.

• Confused 1

See the search bar in the upper right corner...?
Search for "game is dying"...
"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"

funny enough that it is not the player numbers that make the game dead...
but the game mechanics that you have problems with and which you want to change to your liking 'or the Atlas gets it!'