Critter44

Unable to place farmhousr

Can somebody help me with this please? I have been trying to place a farmhouse on my home island for over a week. Just can't do it. 

Three things happen when I try to place either wood or stone doesn't matter which. 

1) Cannot place too close to building of same type

2) Cannot place because building is obstructed. 

3) Needs floor to place. 

I have walked all over my island with my orange colored unplacable farmhouse and it's always the same, I can't place it. I've placed floors, I''ve cleared areas of everything so that there are no obstructions and obviously I make sure there are no other farmhouses nearby. Again, same deal, won't place. 

Whats really infuriating is that when I walkabout trying to place my farmhouse  I see newly built farmhouses where there was nothing the day before. Sometimes its even a spot I tried myself!!

Any insight into this problem will be tremendously appreciated. 

A very dejected player. 

Edited by Critter44

It's likely because other farmhouses are too close. I don't know how to tell you to measure the required space between farmhouses in world, but IRL it's about 1/8 mile. Maybe a bit more.

A farmhouse cannot be placed within X range of another farmhouse. Even if it tells you a different reason on screen.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes other companies will leave the game and their farmhouses will become demolishable (before they disappear). If a farmhouse shows up where it wasn’t the day before it’s because a player has been watching and  waiting for the timer to count down and is “Johnny on the spot” with a new one the second it’s gone. It’s not a very good system but that’s how you play it.

Edited by Gomez Addams