Sign in to follow this  
SeroJ

Flag Claiming System

I read through the other guys post about making gold valuable again.

While his suggestions seemed good, a proper means to incentivize gathering gold and spending it... I feel a creative way to do this could be done through the flag capture system.

Instead of just, reverting back to the previous system, which obviously had its issues or it wouldn't have been changed, instead, why not try something new?

Lets learn from the barrel lesson here guys, firing them from cannons was removed for a reason.

Why not implement a system of flag captures which can encompass an entire island, but that cost exponentially more gold? So you can do small captures of say maybe a coastline, for a small amount of gold, or claim an entire island, or perhaps, hey, an entire grid given an absolutely massive amount of gold.

Have peace time be a purchasable commodity, so you could buy say.. a day or two.. or maybe a weeks worth for a vacation. Definitely have it be expensive, but an additional gold cost added to the island.

This would make peace time relatively equivalent to time invested in game, so it stays fair for consistent players. This would also remove the constant 15 hours of lameness that prohibits most people from doing anything there, or cannoning their way in to do maps.

It would also require them to actually log on to buy the peace time, instead of just loading the flag with gold, and AFKing for weeks.

Just some thoughts, would love to hear feedback

Yeah, that way the big guys could own several grids with thier massive amounts of gold and solos like me can live on.....oh wait we are right back at season 1. 

Let's even it out a bit more fairly. 1 person, 1 claim. If you got 50 people in company, you got 50 claims. Seems fair.

Tilt it more for solos if you like. 1 company, 1 claim. Makes land more availible and accessable.

Umm nah dude you realize that that's more like season 3 if anything? except i said exponentially more expensive as you expand claims.

Used to be like 1-2k a day for a 130-150 pointer

Or honestly, exactly like the current season.

You understand they are literally talking about reverting the claim system directly back to how it was in season 1 right now?

It's currently cheaper to own an entire grid now, in this season, then it was in season 3. The islands are a lot smaller, and they reduced gold costs. This actually made it worse for solos and small groups, the bigger companies can just afford to buy more and do.

Edited by SeroJ
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SeroJ said:

Umm nah dude you realize that that's more like season 3 if anything? except i said exponentially more expensive as you expand claims.

You understand they are literally talking about reverting the claim system directly back to how it was in season 1 right now?

It's currently cheaper to own an entire grid now, in this season, then it was in season 3. The islands are a lot smaller, and they reduced gold costs. This actually made it worse for solos and small groups, the bigger companies can just afford to buy more and do.

In fact the island is able feeds themselves with gold made from taxes with treasures hunts. So yes, they are pretty much permanent asset once you claim it. They should either remove the gold cut (as almost no island owner is building access for treasures hunter despite collecting 20% tax, they simply not worth it)or start collecting something else. It will be a great if they add ways that island owner may lost their claim ,say ”npc private raid that aims for the flag”.

• Thanks 1

@minipan9 absolutely man. Don't forget market gold, that's pretty much infinite gold to feed the now super cheap island cost. They've effectively ruined the game with this current system honestly. In season 3 there were enough islands that you could have small groups with islands, they reduced the world size so much that literally the only people with islands now are megas, and the costs are so cheap that they essentially never have to even play to just perma-have them.

I just skimmed through, it's literally all megas with islands. No small groups with an island somewhere, no diversity. Just the same people i've seen every season.

They really borked this up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SeroJ said:

Season 3 still had island claims. I'm talking about the original flag, that gave you a circle, fairly small. They said they were reverting back to something similar to season 1. That does not imply that it will be the same as season 1. If you remember, the worst part of that system was the unlimited use of flags. Granted you also had 200 member companies at the same time. That was a stupid stupid idea, that could have been a decent idea by simply giving every person 1 single flag. Or even better, giving only 1 flag per company, no personal flags. 

IDEALLY, they abandon the idea of flags altogether. Make all islands lawless. Restore the size of the original map. Give us the ability to keep our super expensive ship safe (without another super expensive structure that can still be breached). You know, things that would encourage and support the idea of being on the sea more.

But first, lets get rid of any one company owning an entire island, let alone a whole grid.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 12:44 PM, Chucksteak said:

Season 3 still had island claims. I'm talking about the original flag, that gave you a circle, fairly small. They said they were reverting back to something similar to season 1. That does not imply that it will be the same as season 1. If you remember, the worst part of that system was the unlimited use of flags. Granted you also had 200 member companies at the same time. That was a stupid stupid idea, that could have been a decent idea by simply giving every person 1 single flag. Or even better, giving only 1 flag per company, no personal flags. 

IDEALLY, they abandon the idea of flags altogether. Make all islands lawless. Restore the size of the original map. Give us the ability to keep our super expensive ship safe (without another super expensive structure that can still be breached). You know, things that would encourage and support the idea of being on the sea more.

But first, lets get rid of any one company owning an entire island, let alone a whole grid.

love that idea, all of it man. i'm super down for that. but that's not what's occurring. I'd just like it to be more expensive for people to own the entire gird.. i don't want anyone to tho yeah