AlainFormatique

NPC’s repair Boat ?

Crew won't do repair if they are assigned to any task or when no resources are in ship resources box. They only repair wood plank as well.

22 hours ago, minipan9 said:

Crew won't do repair if they are assigned to any task or when no resources are in ship resources box. They only repair wood plank as well.

Thks

From what I have observed you need to have the crew unassigned to sails, guns, or anything.  You must be anchored.  Also they will only repair the planks.  They will not repair decks, ceilings, guns, etc.  Only planks.  They do not need to have repair hammers.  You just need to have the right materials in the ship resource box.  Also don't neglect your sail sheets, which you cannot repair with a repair hammer.  You need to have fibers in your personal inventory and walk up to the sails and use the E option to repair those.  You can repair the wood structure of the sails with a repair hammer though.

Also always keep spare planks, steering wheel, ceilings, a sail, etc. for an emergency.  I usually have a large storage box labeled as "emergency" with these things just in case.  If you're going into golden age ruins I would at least have five spare planks.  I lost a ship last week from a ghost ship firing a few shots at my schooner.  Lost three panels but would have survived if I had five.

Edited by McDangles

Also don't neglect your sail sheets, which you cannot repair with a repair hammer.  You need to have fibers in your personal inventory and walk up to the sails and use the E option to repair those.

Or you can just pick repair hammer in your hands, then all resources you have in resource box will count as if you have them with you.

• Thanks 1

Just to clarify, in my experience:

1. Crew must have a hammer in inventory.

2. Be un-seated so not on Cannons, Sails or chairs.

3. There needs to be sufficient resources: wood, thatch, fibre and metal (For large planks) which must be in the ships resource box, there seems to be a range limit on these and ships larders. So if your larder and resource box is on the lowest deck of your Galleon at the very back of the ship, the front middle and upper decks may be out of range and your crew in these areas will not be fed and the planks there will not be repaired. Best keep these items dead centre of ship in first covered deck.

4. You need to be fully anchored, Green anchor icon not White with arrow.

The crew will then slowly fix planks and decks; but not walls, Sails, ramps, doors, walls, ceiling tiles or any other structures including the steering wheel.  

If you have a hammer equipped and are using it, you can fix anything onboard using resources from the Ships resource box.

Remember if you are trying to fix a item which requires Stone, flint, oil, crystal, gems or any other resource you must first be either carrying sufficient items of that resource or have it in the ships box.    

Hope this helps.

Edited by Garfi