Sign in to follow this  
alessandro

life at sea, but unbalanced objects! size and weight of objects

hello everyone, I am writing this post to reflect on some important topics. the developers would like to take the players' lives overboard. the idea is very nice but the essential elements are missing:

- the weight of the objects to be reviewed (eggs, fibers, straw, cannon balls, oven) are essential objects for the repair of the boat and for the defense too heavy to be transported in large quantities. the new oven added weighs 400 kilos.

- dimensions of objects: tannery, wooden table, forge, loom. in particular, the loom requires a very high ceiling to be able to place it even in a schooner. these 3 objects must be resized giving the possibility to those who want to make a small boat to be able to insert them inside. to review the width / height dimension. the Smithy has that annoying anvil that takes up a lot of space inside the boat.

-the crew must repair all the structures and not just the plank of the ship

Edited by alessandro

I agree the crew should repair all parts of the ship. But I am not so up for the rest of your post. A schooner is a fast cool ship but it shouldn't be a base replacement.  

But if the schooner is just worse in all areas, it won't get used. Sure, a full sized loom might not fit, but what about a lighter, compact version that can't make large sails? Same for a smithy and forges- a small forge might make fewer items but would be useful for onboard repairs. Again, the emphasis is supposedly to get players on the water.

Seriously, go out and do a load of dives, put some ballista on the back and get into Artic waters and kill some whales and you will very quickly get the money to build a Brig, Which has loads of room to  place a full set of crafting kit. But remember the more you carry the slower you sail. That is the main reason crafting is best left on shore. 

I love using my schooner as a exploratory scout ship I keep it light as possible and head for a zone I have not yet visited and visit every Island and do every dive on the way. It performs really well in this. It is not suited for heavy carrying it is slowed to much by weight which makes it incredibly vulnerable to ships of the Damned as it is is very fragile.    

Edited by Garfi