Chopa

[VOTING] Signatures for removing cost of ship building

We vote that the developers remove the cost in gold for the building of the ship.

Please text + in this topic.

• Like 1

( + )  for PVE, ( - ) for PVP. Still need a progression system in PVP. PVE, not so much. PVE and PVP need different rules regardless. Just my thought.

• Like 2

+ at least for the first time builds of each type

considering that the reason for placing these outrageous prices on ships Is simply to stop people from ship spamming. The devs seem to be trying to address a much bigger problem by treating one of its symptoms. Recent wipes have shown the game has a much bigger fundamental problem to deal with... INFRASTRUCTURE!

You can cap the amount of ships per player, ships per company, or de-incentivize by making ships more expensive for each type already possessed but they are all bandaid solutions on a wound that is festering and I fear will be the cause of this game loosing both of its legs to stand on.

I truly believe that those on the ground floor are doing the best they can, but without more money being invested into better infrastructure by the powers that be, and a more coherent prioritization of those problems by leadership, I'm afraid that it will never be the game it should have been and Its a damn shame.

If a car has a blown transmission you can't just put a governor on the engine and expect it to run better. Just like you can't keep fidgeting with the perimeters of a game running on servers that clearly can't handle that  volume of data and expect a better experience for the player. I'm afraid I'm putting this one to bed on my hard drive until those problems I've mentioned are dealt with.

gold is the least of this games problems.

• Like 3

incidently, making the ships cost gold and linking gold to markets has driven me off the seas. i used to build a schooner and explore, now, i'm stuck in a sloop combing beaches looking for a scrap of land big enough to drop a shipyard, warehouse, market, and farmhouse. 

Edited by crashrat
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, crashrat said:

incidently, making the ships cost gold and linking gold to markets has driven me off the seas. i used to build a schooner and explore, now, i'm stuck in a sloop combing beaches looking for a scrap of land big enough to drop a shipyard, warehouse, market, and farmhouse. 

I have more than 3,500 hours in the atlas, during this season I did not swim at all more than on a schooner even once, full of sucks, before that I swam on a mythical galleon and rejoiced in battles

I have no problem with the cost of a ship, gold OR resources.  What I object to is working my ass of for 8 hours a day, 3 days in a row from game start to owning a Gallion and then losing the gallion, the 6 tigers, the 6 lions and all the loot I had collected and placed ON MY HOME... because i cross from one zone into another.

Not sure if thats still happening or if they fixed that but I lost interest in finding out if they were fixing ANY bugs at all when they didnt fix ANY for... well lets just call it longer than I was prepared to wait.

• Sad 1

As a single player I’m able to farm thousands of gold using the sextant and ship diving with a dive suit and lantern. My problem is just getting raided before I can use it.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, Solon said:

I have no problem with the cost of a ship, gold OR resources.  What I object to is working my ass of for 8 hours a day, 3 days in a row from game start to owning a Gallion and then losing the gallion, the 6 tigers, the 6 lions and all the loot I had collected and placed ON MY HOME... because i cross from one zone into another.

Not sure if thats still happening or if they fixed that but I lost interest in finding out if they were fixing ANY bugs at all when they didnt fix ANY for... well lets just call it longer than I was prepared to wait.

I really am not trying to offend, but It IS in game preview stage. Its all too common to see people like yourself loosing sight of that and investing way too much time and effort. You have to go in knowing that everything will be wiped at some point from either bugs you encounter or just being scheduled. That's all part of being what essentially amounts to "free for hire" beta tester. If people would go in with that paradigm I think they would be a lot more productive in helping the devs instead of just b*tching at them (not directing that at you but just people on the forum in general). However as I've said, these are not just isolated bugs and hiccups, but are because of obvious structural flaws that are not going to be addressed with a few lines of code. I'm sure the developers on the ground are doing the best with what they got, but they're just not getting much. You have to solve hardware issues first, software issues second, and then go in and tweak the game to dial in optimal user experiences. The cost of ships is problem #2047... and the company still hasn't addressed problems #1-5

Edited by Mudd2.0

The trouble is , early access should not be used as a legal middle finger or constant get out clause for a lack of progress. It's like giving a teenager a bona fide excuse for not doing homework, and then wondering why they won't do any. They do quote ea in every darn post now and the jokes getting old imo.

• Like 2

I love the ship cost! But if we are going to not be able to farm the towers then lower the cost!

Heres what the problem is...

Remember when we were all 9 years old? We were going to be astronauts AND policemen AND inventors AND hockey players?...

THAT is the problem with this game.

Pick a few CORE PIRATE THINGS. EXECUTE THEM PERFECTLY.

Then add more...

Period.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:52 PM, Chopa said:

+

I have close to 1400hr in game, but this farm house+ship gold system is unplayable. You need gold for ships, OK (but not this amount). And you can't get treasures because most of the islands is built around because of much more free resourches from farm houses... Most of animals are useless because of farm houses... This system killed the small teams. Only large teams can play on PVP.

• Like 1

+

I have close to 1400hr in game, but this farm house+ship gold system is unplayable. You need gold for ships, OK (but not this amount). And you can't get treasures because most of the islands is built around because of much more free resourches from farm houses... Most of animals are useless because of farm houses... This system killed the small teams. Only large teams can play on PVP.

+ the gold cost is stupid 50k for armoured shipyard is crazy as well I mean seriously 50k may not sound much and it’s not after you reach a certain point/lvl but at start of game it’s ridiculous there needs to be a way of earning gold at the Freeport’s simple fix is adding a few npc at Freeport that giv quests for collecting resources or finding lost treasures handing little quests into the npcs and reducing the cost of building schooners and brigs to like 500g and 1k gold scraping the gold cost for the shipyards as this was stupid it’s fine for official servers or pvp but on private and pve servers the most used mod is to remove gold cost for ships and shipyards kinda tells it all doesn’t it? The game has taken small jumps slowly getting better then comes a patch that takes a huge leap backwards it’s annoying the things that’s getting focused on. I mean nerfing gliders big no no most players find the glider very enjoyable now it’s useless don’t nerf it just remove ability to shoot or drop things from it. The reversing increase was well needed in my opinion still needs upped by about the same again but good step forward. The trank arrows if they actually worked and put animals to sleep so they didn’t constantly attack you as much when tameing would have been good but unfortunately don’t really work. The pet hats well you went there didn’t you... cosmetic items that should be last thing added WHEN GAME IS FINISHED. Fix the bugs get the game actually optimised and working well first. Single player and non dedicated are basically just rubbish and needs complete rework the map made by iso Blackwood is a complete joke far to many mermaids bats and death on the map and not enough sea life on map most places are completely void of ocean life or ships of the damnd the dragon boss is almost impossible to do as a single player like wth you were thinking il never no. Iv got 4K hrs in atlas and even I can’t do dragon alone easily. The whole resources situation on Blackwood needs reworking and actually checking that every resources are on the map because at present there are resources that are completely missing from map and there is a tameing bug that started with last update that makes it hard/impossible to feed elephants and large wild animals PLZ FIX. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 11:24 PM, silentzoner said:

+ the gold cost is stupid 50k for armoured shipyard is crazy as well I mean seriously 50k may not sound much and it’s not after you reach a certain point/lvl but at start of game it’s ridiculous there needs to be a way of earning gold at the Freeport’s simple fix is adding a few npc at Freeport that giv quests for collecting resources or finding lost treasures handing little quests into the npcs and reducing the cost of building schooners and brigs to like 500g and 1k gold scraping the gold cost for the shipyards as this was stupid it’s fine for official servers or pvp but on private and pve servers the most used mod is to remove gold cost for ships and shipyards kinda tells it all doesn’t it? The game has taken small jumps slowly getting better then comes a patch that takes a huge leap backwards it’s annoying the things that’s getting focused on. I mean nerfing gliders big no no most players find the glider very enjoyable now it’s useless don’t nerf it just remove ability to shoot or drop things from it. The reversing increase was well needed in my opinion still needs upped by about the same again but good step forward. The trank arrows if they actually worked and put animals to sleep so they didn’t constantly attack you as much when tameing would have been good but unfortunately don’t really work. The pet hats well you went there didn’t you... cosmetic items that should be last thing added WHEN GAME IS FINISHED. Fix the bugs get the game actually optimised and working well first. Single player and non dedicated are basically just rubbish and needs complete rework the map made by iso Blackwood is a complete joke far to many mermaids bats and death on the map and not enough sea life on map most places are completely void of ocean life or ships of the damnd the dragon boss is almost impossible to do as a single player like wth you were thinking il never no. Iv got 4K hrs in atlas and even I can’t do dragon alone easily. The whole resources situation on Blackwood needs reworking and actually checking that every resources are on the map because at present there are resources that are completely missing from map and there is a tameing bug that started with last update that makes it hard/impossible to feed elephants and large wild animals PLZ FIX. 

++