madanex96

Wipes

Does anyone know when the next wipe is, and when the scheduled wipes are? Me and my friends are debating on starting our own server, or joining an official server. The problem is, is that on hosting a server, you only get 3 islands, but on the official servers you obviously get tons, but we don't want to get wiped getting to end game and have to start over.

"Previously we discussed a rework on the Claim System. Originally, we intended to introduce this by the end of this year. As things move in development and new challenges present themselves, timelines and ideas can often change. We are still working on the new Claim System’s implementation and testing it. It will likely not be introduced until early next year. Many were concerned that a rework of the Claim System would bring about a wipe. Although wipes are inevitable in EA, we also do our best to wipe only when it is absolutely necessary. At this time there is no estimated or set date for a wipe and we will keep the community updated if that changes.

As the last patch of the year, the ATLAS team will be setting sail for a small holiday break. The next scheduled patch will be the week of January 11. However, we will continue to perform daily server restarts and we will have our spyglass handy to watch out for any urgent issues that may require our attention. Otherwise, pass us your Kegs and some glasses please! Happy Holidays! 🙂"

This is the most recent statement from devs regarding your question under Announcements/ Patch V519.5

Maybe discord has something I dunno..

Good luck

Edited by Ranger1k

I had a little go of Atlas again recently but didn't last long when I heard there will be a new claim system. I know all to well there will be a wipe when they put that in again like the last time, not worth playing right now.

Once they wipe it and put the claim system in I might give it another go from scratch again (must be mad) does anyone know what the claim system is going to be like? We've had a few haven't we? Started off planting flags everywhere then changed to 1 flag per island, what will it be now?

On 12/11/2020 at 3:42 PM, madanex96 said:

Does anyone know when the next wipe is, and when the scheduled wipes are? Me and my friends are debating on starting our own server, or joining an official server. The problem is, is that on hosting a server, you only get 3 islands, but on the official servers you obviously get tons, but we don't want to get wiped getting to end game and have to start over.

No one knows when the next wipe is. They said they don't want to wipe with new claim system, but I honestly do not know how they could possibly pull that off. The bigger companies are so entrenched in their islands that it wouldn't be a fair playing field if they don't wipe. It could be next week, it could be March. You can only be certain that it will happen eventually.

That being said, this game is in EA. If you are at all concerned about wipes and preserving your progress, please do not play this game at this point in time. You will get mad, and will only have yourself to blame. Losing everything every day in EA doesn't bother me at all. Restarting 3x a year is fine as well for now. You gotta have that mindset for EA.

Devs should at least make a statement of at least approximate time of next wipe. Will it be soon. This/next month? 

Because right now I can't force myself to continue my voyage, knowing that probably soon I'll have to start over again.

• Thanks 1