Sign in to follow this  
Chopa

game is dead

If they'd actually fix the markets, even at this stage of same grid only trading, to the point your market doesn't stop working after a cpl days (or after every patch/hotfix they do) getting that gold for the ships wouldn't be too bad. Right now you have to rebuild your market every time it stops working...which, as mentioned, seems to be at random or after every patch/hotfix. I've rebuilt mine 5 times now. I'll admit, the gold cost for the ships may be a little steep, specially for the solo/small company, but markets do help to get the gold....unfortunately the restrictions they have on farmhouse/warehouse/market placement means not all players can have them.

I have 3,500 hours but I have no idea how markets work, too complicated mechanism, remove the value in building ship gold I want to swim and not farm gold, the game about ships and not about gold

• Haha 1

I play PVE. Without any markets I already got 2 schooners and now - 22K gold, so tomorrow I'll go for this new ship. Playing solo. So it's not really big deal, actually. I might sound terrible wrong, but I kinda like this new addition. And I've got few reasons for that:

1) - You need to earn your ship, means you feel some rewards for your efforts. When you start global sailing with schooner, after that slow piece of crap, you'll feel really gr8 and improved. You feel your progress in the game. Before that - you was able to get a Galleon as starter ship, and simply didn't care.

2) - With expensive ship cost you have to take a really good care of your ship, you need to carefully think of design and paint, you need to name it cool, because it will accompany you for a long time. Before that - no one even bother. (ah man, I put this ceiling to the wrong spot, let me scuttle my ship and build another one). I personally even got in to sail painting this patch.

3) - No more "art ships" in harbor. A lot of ppl were building harbors, piers, then create like 20 of ships, park em there, and never sail anywhere. It affected game performance bad. Also no more "beds ships" in Goldens.

4) - Some survival element is back, because loosing your ship is much more painful. So you need to bring caution measures.

The only problem right now - is game instability. I personally lost my first schooner first day I got it. There was game crash, and I couldn't log in until my ship was sunk, and only after that I was able to enter the game. I couldn't get another 5K gold in time. Right now I fine, doing 19.5 knots full downwind, earning money for treasure maps (highest one so far I've got is lvl23.5).

My "Polar Fox" Schooner : )

W7F5dVU.jpg

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 1