ATLAS

Patch V517.5 Ramming Ship and Holiday Patch

12/8 8:45 PM PST EDIT: We are looking into the issue where beds that were placed on land before the patch are now out of claim. Thanks for your reports and patience!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahoy Pathfinders!

The holiday season is here! In the spirit of the Holidays, we set sail for a little trip up to the North Pole to bring back some Holiday loot and festivities to ATLAS! Sail the Seas in a fancy new Santa Hat or Top Hat, and craft festive decorations! Safely have a “Company” Holiday Party here on ATLAS! 😉

AtlasChristmasImage02.jpg

:anchor: Ramming Ship :anchor:

ATLAS_Ramming_Ship_1920x1080.jpg

Looking for the perfect gift? How about the new Ramming Ship? That’s right, the Ship Salesman is now officially open for business! He can be found selling our latest ship - the Ramming Galley - on his island in the center of Freeport grids. The Ramming Galley features rowers, 20 cannons, and a ram that deals bonus damage when ramming other ships.

Rowers, a new feature currently unique to the Ramming Galley, give a burst of speed to intercept and ram other ships. Using rowers requires use of the ship's Rowing Stamina. Once Rowing Stamina is depleted, rowing will cease and the stamina will regenerate over time.

As the first ship using our new ship system, the Ramming Galley will function a bit differently from previous ships. In addition to HP numbers changing, holes will appear in parts of the ship as they become damaged. As the damage worsens, the holes will grow, giving pirates a better visual indicator to determine how damaged each part of their ship is! Be sure to keep your ship repaired since rowers and weapons will only function if the part of the ship they're on has sufficient health.

Repairing the Ramming Galley will require the use of a new item: the Patch Kit. No longer will you need to haul planks and raw resources to ensure your ship stays in pristine condition!

Since the Ramming Galley already comes equipped with a large arsenal of weapons, players will not be able to build additional weapons on it. Workstations and furniture can be constructed freely, and existing stairs, doors, and sails can be switched out with player-made variants. Although walls and other structures cannot currently be constructed on ships, we would like to iterate on this in the future to allow pirates to customize their ships with a variety of rooms below deck.

BKSTESu7hxi5h6ywd4PnwDp8c9Idhf_Y_j9AjVMy

We hope you enjoy the new Ramming Galley and Holiday festivities! We are still hard at work continuing to fine-tune the Markets and Trade system, among other optimization and performance improvements. It’s a long-term process, and we want you to know that even if certain changes are not seen right away - we are taking the steps to move these things along. Thanks again for all of your support and feedback!

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

V515.7

New Ship: Ramming Galley

• Cost: 22,000 Gold
  • Weapons: 18 Standard Cannons, 2 forward-facing Large Cannons
  • Special Features: Rowers, Ram
  • Max Level: 60
  • Sail Points: 4.0
  • Repair Resource: Patch Kit

New Item: Patch Kit
The Patch Kit is a new item used for repairing the Ramming Galley. It can be crafted in the Smithy after learning the Shipwright skill in the Seamanship tree. To use, approach a damaged part of the Ramming Galley and use the Repair Hammer. Once the repair is complete, the Patch Kit will be consumed and the repaired component will have 1,000 health restored.

• Healing: 1,000
  • Crafting Resources: 100 Fiber, 120 Thatch, 200 Wood

New Workstation: Kiln
The Kiln is a new workstation used for rapidly creating coal out of wood. Add wood to the Kiln inventory and activate it, and it will burn one into coal every second. Kiln crafting is learned in the Secrets of Building skill in the Construction tree, and can be done at the Smithy.

• Crafting Resources: 500 Stone, 200 Flint, 25 Metal

Winter Event

• Two new hat skins are available for purchase from the Freeport's cosmetic vendor for a limited time
    • Santa Hat: 200 Gold
    • Top Hat: 200 Gold
  • Seven new items available for crafting at the Smithy for a limited time
    • Christmas Tree: Produces a random gift every 24 hours!
      • Crafting Resources: 250 Wood, 200 Fiber, 250 Thatch
    • Festive Lights: A decoration that can be hung on walls
      • Crafting Resources: 20 Wood, 10 Thatch, 1 Metal
    • Holiday Gift: A festive variant of the Small Storage Box
      • Crafting Resources: 44 Wood, 40 Thatch, 15 Hide
    • Sleigh: A festive variant of the Wooden Chair
      • Crafting Resources: 100 Wood, 100 Thatch, 50 Fiber
    • Snowman: A new friend that can be placed on ships or floors
      • Crafting Resources: 2 Wood, 12 Coal, 1 Carrot, 50 Fiber, 30 Ice
    • Stocking: A decoration that can be hung on walls. Produces one Coal every five minutes
      • Crafting Resources: 40 Fiber, 30 Hide
    • Wreath: A decoration that can be hung on walls
      • Crafting Resources: 20 Fiber, 10 Wood, 20 Thatch

Armored Docks

• Bug Fix: Gold upkeep status now only shown for the owning company
  • Bug Fix: Upkeep timer now correctly updated on the UI
  • Bug Fix: Ships in Armored Docks no longer stay protected after the owner of the Armored Dock or the ship changes

Market

• Market Logs now have paging, allowing all logs to be displayed for each Market
  • Bug Fix: Suspend and Unsuspend Market are now working correctly

Known Issues

• The Ramming Galley's Railing Gunports and Castles can be damaged, but don't update their meshes to reflect this damage (their HP updates accordingly and they can be repaired)
  • The Ramming Galley's forward-facing Large Cannons are in the Right Station Group by default
  • HP for undamageable parts of the Ramming Galley can be viewed and will always display as 100/100
  • Cannons on top of the Ramming Galley's Front Castle clip through the castle when aiming left and right (this doesn't prevent them from firing)
  • Sail Rigging does not preview correctly when placing sails on the Ramming Galley
  • Many map tiles are black when viewing the map through the Atlas or when spawning

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about taking the gold cost off ships we build? If we were buying ships from players or NPCs (Like the ramming ship) the gold cost makes sense, not when we build the ship from scratch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

a hat for a man that is a Christian saint stolen from my kin and more shit that is a waste of our time

Berserkers.jpg

well, just got 2 ramming gallies.... love the concept but be warry of firing the front cannons and be sure to have a repair kit for it. we fired the front large cannons and it damaged the front of it. ship sank lmaoooooooo. enjoying the patch tho 🙂 merry christmas

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Within a short play session, I found you broke land-based beds and my new market won't connect to the warehouse it is right beside.

WELL DONE TEAM! WHOOO!

Hi all.  So you gave us a new patch.    Also gave me around 30 crashes, at least, in the last hour.   Cannot open the map  (  M key default ) 

At all. Under any conditions.   On bear,   off bear, on land, swimming, on boat,    doesn't matter.  Touch the map key, and insta hard crash.  

At least 30 times in a row.    Tested under as many variables as I can come up with stuck on this island. Sure as hell not sailing anywhere with no ability to see the map.

You can see it in inventory menu then atlas tab. Except all the other squares are black.  

The trading system is breaking the game on a daily basis.  In to an utterly unplayable state.   Mad lag spikes, constant crashes.........    '

Just disable it completely until you get it working right in testing.   Because it is breaking every single other element of gameplay.

Or scrap it.  It's just an easy cash exploit if you have the land.  And breaks everyone's game.

And anyone else who didn't get in on the land rush after wipe doesn't get to use it anyway, there are bordering on zero locations for more farms. 

Making the entire, game breaking and crashing trading system utterly useless.

• Like 1

Fast travel to our beds is no longer possible!

The beds are in an unclaimed area, they say.

Christmas gimmicks are really nice, but why are basics always broken?

We can't even travel to the beds in the outpost right now.

Fatal error game crash unless using default key binds. I don't use default keybinds since the late 90's so I cannot play this until they fix that.

"

Fatal error!

VERSION: 517.5
AtlasGame.exe!AShooterPlayerController::FormatTextWithKeyBindings() (0x00007ff756267c49) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterplayercontroller.cpp:14047]
AtlasGame.exe!UPlayerHUDUI::UpdateLockOnPanel() (0x00007ff755aaef5e) + 60 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\playerhudui.cpp:911]
AtlasGame.exe!UPlayerHUDUI::Tick_Implementation() (0x00007ff755aabdc8) + 14 bytes [d:\atlassvn\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\playerhudui.cpp:400]
AtlasGame.exe!UUserWidget::execTick() (0x00007ff7574b0e5c) + 300 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\umg\public\blueprint\userwidget.h:96]
AtlasGame.exe!UFunction::Invoke() (0x00007ff756f72c27) + 15 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:3916]
AtlasGame.exe!UObject::ProcessEvent() (0x00007ff756fbcc68) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:931]
AtlasGame.exe!UUserWidget::NativeTick() (0x00007ff7574622b6) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\umg\private\userwidget.cpp:499]
AtlasGame.exe!SObjectWidget::Tick() (0x00007ff75748cfe9) + 367 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\umg\private\slate\sobjectwidget.cpp:41]
AtlasGame.exe!SWidget::TickWidgetsRecursively() (0x00007ff75703406e) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\slatecore\private\widgets\swidget.cpp:296]
AtlasGame.exe!SWidget::TickWidgetsRecursively() (0x00007ff757034101) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\slatecore\private\widgets\swidget.cpp:300]
AtlasGame.exe!SWidget::TickWidgetsRecursively() (0x00007ff757034101) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\slatecore\private\widgets\swidget.cpp:300]
AtlasGame.exe!FSlateApplication::TickWindowAndChildren() (0x00007ff757072d06) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:638]
AtlasGame.exe!FSlateApplication::Tick() (0x00007ff75707459c) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:1005]
AtlasGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff7559253f4) + 15 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2760]
AtlasGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff75591fc1c) + 0 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
AtlasGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff755927e0a) + 5 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
AtlasGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff755927f38) + 8 bytes [d:\atlassvn\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
AtlasGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff758a034fd) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff0b4d7034) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff0b61cec1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007fff0b61cec1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

I don't care about skins and fancy whatnot. And it's not just the bed, the map is blank mainly too, but I could even live with that if I could use my keybinds.

By the way, why does the game keep changing it back to default whenever there is a major update?

• Thanks 1

Claims no longer work even though they are visible after the update !

We are in claim by zone and not by island

Anyone can break structures without delay. The beds no longer work under the flags. Only the beds of the boats work.

All players on our server are impacted

The bug returns even by putting a flag and beds after the installation timer has passed

I DO really glad that game is moving forward. I DO love to see daily servers reboot, that keeps network stable (I mean it still giltchy but NOT that level it was before when some servers were simply unplayable). I really happy with all new stuff, but hey, Grapeshot gusy! With all current new stuff can you also work with old stuff you really need to redone? Just quick update of what I wrote before.

Darkened stuff in shops:

pGRJzSJ.jpg

Landowner and server's messages behind sextant buff.

j3gsP92.jpg

Text behind feats panel.

CQdca3t.jpg

Buffs text:

poS1BRc.jpg

Localization text:

Bx8awML.jpg

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

One more thing. Because now ships cost is increased, and all the way to loose them are still there (including bugs, glitches, camping borders enemies etc) it would be really great if you introduce the way to bring ship back after It sunk.

I mean ships is not just ship itself. Some of us put alot efforts in to it. It's design. It's long leveling. Sometimes it's even PAINTING!!!

r1o7D8G.jpg

So it not just loosing ship. It loosing all those efforts. So my idea is simple. We've got ship seller, right? So let it be this way, if our ship is sunked, for some time... for example for a week, it appears in this seller guy menu, ready to be bought back for gold. With no crew. With empty boxes. But same lever and design.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What kind of presents does the tree produce and how many trees can you make? 1000’s?

I think a present farm is this best idea in the whole world! Thank you!

Edited by Gomez Addams

7 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

well, just got 2 ramming gallies.... love the concept but be warry of firing the front cannons and be sure to have a repair kit for it. we fired the front large cannons and it damaged the front of it. ship sank lmaoooooooo. enjoying the patch tho 🙂 merry christmas

yes me TO LOL

I can feel this game is going to be Monetarized very soon, get ready for just $10 for 10,000 Gold or your very own ramming ship for a piddling $25 and then it will be available on your phone......

How do you let this stuff  happen in the release?  Why don't you guys just decide - these are gamebreaking bugs, maybe we should not release this?

And how have you not acknowledged or begun to address people losing all their progress for no reason at all - ie. deleted characters and boats?

EDIT: Its obvious you have tried to begin working on claims stuff in the background, hence beds issues, mortars issues, structures being able to be built on freeport/golden ages.  And its obvious its a catastrophe.  Have you even bothered to see if the changes you plan to make are going to be what people want?  Maybe you should do that first.

No one cares about fucking christmas decorations.  Why do you spend effort on this bullshit instead of fixing the real issues in the game?  What the fuck?

The more players you lose to things like deleted characters, the worst the game becomes overall for everyone - because there are less tribes around in the game to fight against in the PVP server.  Pretty soon you will be able to sail around golden ages without encountering anyone at this rate.  The problem is you never learn from your mistakes and you never admit to the community you are wrong about things.  You guys are ruining your own game. 

I heard in EU they dont have performance issues or character deletions.  Which tells me these issues on NA are easily fixable.  And that is not acceptable for these issues to be going on for so long now.

I understand its early access and we are basically helping to test the game.  but you're not gonna have people around to give feedback and test if you treat your players like this.  You should set up a simple 2x2 test server with GA, Freeport, lawless and claimed islands tiles to test your claims stuff.   1 minute of testing on a server and opening the map would have revealed the maps/beds bug. 

Edited by twiztedmike
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

What kind of presents does the tree produce and how many trees can you make? 1000’s?

I think a present farm is this best idea in the whole world! Thank you!

Sarcastic posts like these aren't helpful because the devs think theyre serious and think theyre doing a great job.

• Haha 2