Sign in to follow this  
Thaoran

Other player blocking me

Hi! What can I do if the other player just left his sloop in my shipyard... My shipyard is part of my base sooo is not just replace... any chance to remove the ship? 

I can empathize with this, sorry that it happened. I had a player park his raft, quite literally, in my base.  As far as I know, there is no recourse and nothing the developers will do. There's a ticket system, but you will get an email telling you how it is not actually active. It's one of the worst parts about PvE.

For an average shipyard, there is a protection against this problem - to install a huge gate. For a large shipyard, this is not possible - only block access to the shipyard with a huge wall, and remove it as needed. Such a simple thing as a gate, or a protective chain, is probably extremely difficult to implement, so they have not yet been introduced 🙂

If the blocking has already occurred, and it is deliberate, then you can only remove this vessel through a letter, and it is very doubtful that someone will want to deal with you. Eternal beta testing is very convenient for ignoring player complaints.

1 hour ago, Daigari said:

Such a simple thing as a gate, or a protective chain, is probably extremely difficult to implement, so they have not yet been introduced 🙂

Well, we already have a "remove animals/person/creature from the ship" option if someone sleepin on your deck, or some animals (birds) landing on your deck. In this case you can kick the unwelcomed guest out of your ship.

We need this method applied to the docks. With an additional "move blocking ships out" option we could move the blocking ship forward/away 20-30 meter (distance depends on the shipyard scale) into the ocean (after this, the blocking ship status would be unanchored), so the shipyard would be clear and you can build your ship and then you can leave your yard without a collision.

Im not a developer, but maybe this isnt a big scripting/programing challenge.

• Like 1

MINIPAN9 this ship looks like a starter ship I mean someones just get from shops when he first loged in and just droped down at my shipyard... nothing on it mean only just a bed on this sloop... so actualy it is the bigest as...le thing what player can do on PVE....No company name in this ship name sooo my opinion someone just bought this game for 4 euro tryed, and left the game after seen bugs...

Edited by Thaoran

41 minutes ago, Thaoran said:

MINIPAN9 this ship looks like a starter ship I mean someones just get from shops when he first loged in and just droped down at my shipyard... nothing on it mean only just a bed on this sloop... so actualy it is the bigest as...le thing what player can do on PVE....No company name in this ship name sooo my opinion someone just bought this game for 4 euro tryed, and left the game after seen bugs...

Sorry about what happened and I can definitely feel how frustrating it brought. But there is nothing you can do by the time being in case that happened already. They are mostly newbies who don't know how to play, maybe you can setup preventive measures as suggested in other replies. However I won't support active measures like moving ships out of the shipyard as it is vulnerable to exploit. Just imagine a griefer place a shipyard outside your ship then click remove ship.

setting a rather short decay time to ships not require gold to construct or apply enermy foundation checking to anchoring instead should be more viable

On 12/7/2020 at 3:57 AM, PiszkosFred said:

Well, we already have a "remove animals/person/creature from the ship" option if someone sleepin on your deck, or some animals (birds) landing on your deck. In this case you can kick the unwelcomed guest out of your ship.

We need this method applied to the docks. With an additional "move blocking ships out" option we could move the blocking ship forward/away 20-30 meter (distance depends on the shipyard scale) into the ocean (after this, the blocking ship status would be unanchored), so the shipyard would be clear and you can build your ship and then you can leave your yard without a collision.

Im not a developer, but maybe this isnt a big scripting/programing challenge.

@PiszkosFred  Piggy backin off your idea... solves @minipan9 concerns also..

Maybe shipyards should just come w a gate or gates, similar to armored docks? Ships parked in front of the doors get brushed aside wide enough to exit WITHOUT removing anchored status.

Also a ship inside the buildzone gets counted as an obstruction.

Could also make shipyard gate an optional attachment, craftable in smithy