Sign in to follow this  
kdavis2431

Warehouse fixes and Qol overhaul for automation.

Get rid of farmhouses all together.  Just have warehouses and instead of costing fuel they cost crew labor and there for gold. This also brings more value to the market system and some other way to spend gold.  You would need one crew member per viable resource that you would want harvested, and so you don't have to worry bout people making several warehouses to speed up gathering you can pay more gold per cycle to have faster resources up to a cap based on company size.  This way solo and large groups alike would be able to benefit from the system and also encourages group play.  Also instead of having warehouses just auto harvest from the whole island make a system where you have to explore the island to find and mark the resource location on a warehouse map of some kind that way it also discourages companies from just spamming warehouses on every island and takes some time investment to actually get the most value out of the building as well as putting an emphasis back on exploration.  This way you could also focus on more needed resources by investing more gold which gives less of a feel of mindless auto farming and would create some kind of standard for the economy.   This would also allow you to get rid of the distance restrictions of the warehouse to unlock this for more companies.    This idea could also be expanded to other systems such as farming, breeding, and crafting.  By repurposing the farmhouses to maybe a greenhouse type building that you can put seeds into with labor to plant and harvest them for you. You could also have crewmembers man crafting stations to increase crafting speeds and yield rates.  As well you could also add new stats to crewmembers for faster harvesting, crop growth, crafting, and  better breeding rates/cuddle bonus.  This adds more depth to the automation as well as a sense of progression for something that was just set it and forget it kind of mentality.  This would also be very beneficial to smaller groups/solo players without penalizing larger groups.  This could also be expanded to markets.  By having npc traders required for markets it could offer maybe higher chances of random events not happening and there for higher gold yields.  One more way to offer a little more depth with these newly implemented systems create new crafting recipes for say gathering clothes, crafting clothes, auctioneer attire and tools such as auctioneer gavel and hoes to add even more depth and progression to systems that way players can focus on just trading if they would like.  These changes would be a great way to add more depth and a sense of progression to the new systems as well and leave more time to play the game.

• Like 1

thats another good idea.

and an island thats like or is the freeport that we take resources to to trade on an open live server for gold like world of warcraft has set in place.

I Think the markets should only work as yours and only trade to your other markets on other islands to get your rare resources back to your main island.

Edited by Ne01011

I wanted to read OP but then a giant wall of words popped up and blinded me.

Some friendly advice @kdavis2431 use paragraphs, subject points and indentation.

Take care

I am not against the farmhouse, warehouse, market or the lumber yard, in fact I like them but here is the issue........there needs to be a limit on the number of them able to be placed per company and/or per region because as it stands anyone who came into the game late has absolutely no chance at all of getting any one of those buildings placed, anywhere on the map.  I have personally ran into some islands that have several of the farmhouses on one island leaving no space for anyone else.  Why not allow each company to have 1 farmhouse, 1 warehouse, 1 lumber yard and 1 market.  That should be more than enough for anyone.  Or even as I have heard suggested before, get rid of the farmhouses and lumber yards and just do the warehouse and market.  I know this means you would have to fill the warehouse by hand but I am ok with that.  It just seems totally unfair that no matter what, since I came into the game late.... I have no access to build a working market and some people have MANY.  Also.....while I am at it, why do we on PVE servers have to play by the same rules as they do on PVP??  I mean I understand that on PVP they are aggressive and taking over the island with your warehouse, farmhouse etc would be beneficial in that but we are not trying to kill each other on PVE.  Come on.  Give us a chance.  People are just setting down farmhouses and then when they realize they cant build the rest to go with it they just leave the farmhouse there to decay.  Which leads to a lot of others coming in, demolish the farmhouse and set their own just to realize they to cannot do anything else either thus restarting the cycle.  what a waste of resources and time for nothing.