Sign in to follow this  
Daigari

Did you step on the old rake again? Spam-constructions on the islands

After another wipe, I went to see what we have new in this world.

And I saw that one of the main problems (spam building) developers did not deal with at all - again there are straw wars, all the Islands are polluted with garbage, which completely reflects the garbage in the minds of builders.

And if on private Islands the owners have the opportunity to somehow influence the construction maniacs, then in lawless territories only some global restrictions have been made in this regard, which do not remove the severity of the problem.

At the same time, if developers follow the lead of the lazy and crooked, who are too lazy to explore a huge world, and reduce the territory, they completely lose sight of those who deliberately interfere with the development of other players, blocking the possibility of movement and construction.

What is difficult to introduce a limit on the number of large buildings of the same type, for example shipyards? After all, it is absolutely clear that if a person puts more than 2 shipyards of the same type, it is solely for the purpose of blocking the coast. What about these new mills? Most of them just stand still, as the owners are too lazy to keep them in working order.

If one warehouse can automatically collect resources from three mills, why allow any number to be placed on one island?

Restrictions will be introduced-there will be more opportunities for other players, interest in taming giraffes, elephants and rhinos will return. This was one of the interesting aspects of the game. Why increase the number of useless animals?

Developers traditionally listen to the cries of those who do not want to do anything, making their lives easier and simplifying games. For a change, why not listen to the opinions of those who are interested in different aspects of the game, and not just kayaking and canoe?

Well the PVP spam is just needed because anyone otherwise builds there FOB next to your base and wipes you...
Hopefully with going back to old flag system (hopefully not 100%) we can set territory to NO BUILD so we don't need to spam anymore... (no one likes spamming, but currently has to be done...)

Concerning the Farms that not work... how about you "steal" the resources from them for your own use and refuel them so you can "steal" some more... no need for giraffes or elephants...

BTW Atlas is all about kayaking and canoeing... finally we got more time for it...

I didn't mean the PVP server, because there the methods of dealing with other people's buildings are quite obvious 🙂

By the way about pvp-a large number of players treat their private property carefully, and do not want to fight in a senseless struggle with Chinese cheat programs and hordes of locusts repulsed on heads.You are really at risk of losing the fruits of long-term labor at one moment. At the same time, the elements of pvp are quite attractive, especially in terms of sea battles. And I believe that it would be quite possible to make pvp regions on pve servers, such as Golden ruins. This in my opinion would significantly enliven the gameplay 🙂

I was wondering why they made a Code of Conduct at all if they aren't going to enforce it?? I've been seeing people getting blocked in by the players that are structure spamming PVE Lawless islands to try and claim them. It says right in the Code Of Conduct that that's not allowed. Some poor guy couldn't even play the game last season, because a company built walls around his little house. He built his way out, and those people built him in even further. Even my company has had someone try to block us in. We got on right after the wipe to start fresh, and these people literally came 2 weeks later, and started spamming wooden fence foundations from one end of the island to the other. It's frustrating, and I wish other players wouldn't be toxic like that. It doesn't help that the Atlas mods do nothing about it, even though it's against the Code of Conduct.

Edited by Fatale Cherie