cidran

You are not making gold worth, you are just placing a wall for basic content

3 hours ago, Bio said:

I made an account literally just to say that.

your bile smells like CIDs alt account... 😷

funny thing is, that if the gold cost was there from the beginning these complain would not be there... if you fear change, you should not buy EA... it is a work in progress and subject to change...

lets see...
- first we had rate:1 resources farming - complain was that ships are too hard (long time farming) to make...
- so rate was set to 2 permanently (pick up a one rock and see for yourself) and tames where made super harvesters - then complain was that ships now are just spam and too easy to get, there is no meaning in sinking one and no meaning in not sinking everyone.

- at same time it became obvious that ships are not safe just standing around, so people started to build giant defenses (that ultimately not help) costing more time on land (not sea) and cause lag. Tames became even more important, because of needed resources farming - complain was we are stuck on land, can't have ships save and have to tame stupid tames all the time
- so introduce the farms, making tons of resources, by doing noting. Not only for the owner, but for everyone coming by (they are unlocked) - complain was "but I cannot have farms myself because they are blocked!"

- over the same time we at first had a small claim system so everyone could get a piece of land - complain was that someone already spammed his flags everywhere
- so it became the island claim system, also with protection times, so your ships are save - complain was "I don't want to pay taxes for protection!", "I want my own island!" and "All Islands are claimed already!"
- so we also got Lawless for the guys that just cannot live with others and use the game mechanic to their advantage - complain was "wahahah! my stuff gets raided daily by my neighbors (which I just raided) and by the claim islanders that we cannot attack, because they have peace timers!"
- we got docks (not working yet) which practically not destroy-able for a small amount of gold/day. no need for giant defense bases, finally living on our ships. less spam, no need for claims - complains to be determined, but they will come... as always...
- next up new claim system, same as the old system... because of the complains...

- also, since resources are worthless, tames (other than PVP) are worthless, bases were always worthless and everyone complaining not sailing enough in a sailing game, we now get ships for gold, and gold comes for free by trading and maps by SAILING!!! It also makes it the one perfect number to regulate inflation of everything else to make the game better...  - "wahahah, I don't want to sail, I don't want to raid warehouses! If you force me to I don't want it anymore!"

- old ship system allows for unrealistic ships and sea combat, also too many structures make lag - complains are we want more and better ships
- new ship system comes in - complains "wahahah, I want my unrealistic LARPing ships with stupid metas! and I want them for free!!!"

- next up, admin cheat for everyone, so we can just spawn command everything to "survive"... - "nah, I don't like to play anymore, if everything I asked for before is just given to me so I stop my tantrum... you broke the game!!!"

- meanwhile on PVE - "wahahah I got blocked in by spam by some griefers and I cannot do anything about it, because I cannot just shoot there stuff...!!!" also, "there is nothing else to do... wahahah more CONTENT!!!"

W  T  F  !!!!!11111  ?

On 12/3/2020 at 3:55 PM, DocHolliday said:

I was thinking about coming back until I saw it cost gold for ships.  F that noise. 

Honestly had a lot of fun doing sloop vs sloop pvp though.

Regardless of that, 5k is.... um... excessive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

your bile smells like CIDs alt account... 😷

funny thing is, that if the gold cost was there from the beginning these complain would not be there... if you fear change, you should not buy EA... it is a work in progress and subject to change...

lets see...
- first we had rate:1 resources farming - complain was that ships are too hard (long time farming) to make...
- so rate was set to 2 permanently (pick up a one rock and see for yourself) and tames where made super harvesters - then complain was that ships now are just spam and too easy to get, there is no meaning in sinking one and no meaning in not sinking everyone.

- at same time it became obvious that ships are not safe just standing around, so people started to build giant defenses (that ultimately not help) costing more time on land (not sea) and cause lag. Tames became even more important, because of needed resources farming - complain was we are stuck on land, can't have ships save and have to tame stupid tames all the time
- so introduce the farms, making tons of resources, by doing noting. Not only for the owner, but for everyone coming by (they are unlocked) - complain was "but I cannot have farms myself because they are blocked!"

- over the same time we at first had a small claim system so everyone could get a piece of land - complain was that someone already spammed his flags everywhere
- so it became the island claim system, also with protection times, so your ships are save - complain was "I don't want to pay taxes for protection!", "I want my own island!" and "All Islands are claimed already!"
- so we also got Lawless for the guys that just cannot live with others and use the game mechanic to their advantage - complain was "wahahah! my stuff gets raided daily by my neighbors (which I just raided) and by the claim islanders that we cannot attack, because they have peace timers!"
- we got docks (not working yet) which practically not destroy-able for a small amount of gold/day. no need for giant defense bases, finally living on our ships. less spam, no need for claims - complains to be determined, but they will come... as always...
- next up new claim system, same as the old system... because of the complains...

- also, since resources are worthless, tames (other than PVP) are worthless, bases were always worthless and everyone complaining not sailing enough in a sailing game, we now get ships for gold, and gold comes for free by trading and maps by SAILING!!! It also makes it the one perfect number to regulate inflation of everything else to make the game better...  - "wahahah, I don't want to sail, I don't want to raid warehouses! If you force me to I don't want it anymore!"

- old ship system allows for unrealistic ships and sea combat, also too many structures make lag - complains are we want more and better ships
- new ship system comes in - complains "wahahah, I want my unrealistic LARPing ships with stupid metas! and I want them for free!!!"

- next up, admin cheat for everyone, so we can just spawn command everything to "survive"... - "nah, I don't like to play anymore, if everything I asked for before is just given to me so I stop my tantrum... you broke the game!!!"

- meanwhile on PVE - "wahahah I got blocked in by spam by some griefers and I cannot do anything about it, because I cannot just shoot there stuff...!!!" also, "there is nothing else to do... wahahah more CONTENT!!!"

W  T  F  !!!!!11111  ?

dude i think everyone can agree that a lot of the changes were good.

pretty sure everyone definitely wants more content.

the new (old) island claim system just seems stupid though. The end of season 3 had tons of islands up for cap.

They downsized the world size, created a problem, so people complained, and now instead of just making more islands, they are going back to the flag spamming system.

Now we get to see ugly flags spammed around everywhere. Hurrah.

I hope they don't get rid of lawless?

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 2:14 PM, SeroJ said:

the new (old) island claim system just seems stupid though. The end of season 3 had tons of islands up for cap.

There is the problem again...
The current claim system allows for owning a whole island (getting rid of the earlier flag spam).
The plan was that smaller people live under bigger company that own an island and give protection (timer at least) for some taxed resources (which now are worthless due to farms).
Because the complainers did what they do best - "I DONT WANT TO PAY TAXES!!!" - they got no protection (which they then again complained about...) with no claim system in Lawless...
When they found out that Lawless is, well, lawless, they wanted to have claim protection as well, when all claimable islands where already claimed (and "I DONT WANT TO PAY TAXES!!!") and HALF of all islands in the game where unclaimable because of being Lawless...

Cutting off their nose to spite their face...
That is why it is so much fun to raid the people in Lawless... they deserve it... they cried to get it... hard...

I mean WTH... right now you can live FOR FREE on most claimed islands, likely get full active protection and great base locations, just for being there and refueling the farms you can empty freely... but no no no, "I DONT WANT TO PAY TAXES!!!" and like to complain here, because they play the game the wrong way and lose...

Now with the new flag system, your tiny little claims will be prime targets for everyone else... like in Lawless before... because you being small and totally unwilling to cooperate... you stay "game content" for everyone else... thank you... 🙄

On 12/16/2020 at 2:14 PM, SeroJ said:

Now we get to see ugly flags spammed around everywhere. Hurrah.

Is flag spam worse then fence spam?

• Like 1

This new system is fantastic. We did not know we could break banks in pve to earn gold and we’ve made 2 brigs and a gally with 60k to spare. Making gold is incredibly easy... even without a market or crashing out the banks. you tame a bear. You put a swivel cannon on the cart and you use grape shot. 

Gold is just a hiccup but it adds a sense of accomplishment. In fact I would prefer if they took the PvE bank aspect away so the economy wasn’t so busted.

Long rant short, the game is still super fun and if you can’t make gold then you’re doing it wrong. 

I’m solo at the moment and boy oh boy you make it sound like I knew what I should put lvls into from the beginning. Instead of realising most newer players don’t know about farms etc. What they mostly spec is boats or even weapons because the game says no where how to make gold other than maybe floatsums. 

On 12/9/2020 at 9:34 AM, Sheepshooter said:

with "invest a lot of time" you mean waiting around for the resources to farm themselves in your or the other guys farms and warehouses... right...?

if not, like I said, you are doing it wrong... get with the program...! more sailing, less bobing...!

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 4:36 AM, minipan9 said:

What keeps player count low is more likely to be the bugs, unstable connection..

Just lost a mythical brig last night due to a connection bug, it was steams fault but still, my friend lost connection, lvl80 galleon was nearby, it attacked the ship since there was no one manning it for a few minutes while he tried to reconnect. Our brig could have easily killed the galleon, but there was no capitan.  

1 hour ago, Johnsworth Assessment said:

I’m solo at the moment and boy oh boy you make it sound like I knew what I should put lvls into from the beginning. Instead of realising most newer players don’t know about farms etc. What they mostly spec is boats or even weapons because the game says no where how to make gold other than maybe floatsums. 

He didn't account for the time it takes to unlock those skills either. 

On 12/16/2020 at 1:00 AM, Caleysto said:

The best option is the one that gives all players the most options. Just make ship building have two paths you can DIY farm the materials for no gold cost or for the people who don’t like resource farming let them pay in gold. It’s not a right or wrong way but you want to give people multiple options to expand the attraction of game to a bigger base of players.

Totally, options are always good. I'm at a point where i'd rather just pay 100.000 gold or more for a mythical brig than go farm all the materials. 

12 hours ago, cidran said:

Just lost a mythical brig last night due to a connection bug, it was steams fault but still, my friend lost connection, lvl80 galleon was nearby, it attacked the ship since there was no one manning it for a few minutes while he tried to reconnect. Our brig could have easily killed the galleon, but there was no capitan.  

Yea, thats when rage quit happens. The extra gold would be fine to me provided that disconnection bug is fixed.

Sorry for your lost BTW.

Edited by minipan9

22 hours ago, Johnsworth Assessment said:

So thank your G.O.D. that there is this forum, where you find the answers, given freely...

So you know how this game will go from now on:
- either get a swivel bear going for maps
- or build/steal gold from warehouses/markets

- then FIRST get a small dock for your ships before you have anything bigger than a sloop
(if you go the maps route you should also already have level 50+, so no problem learning the rest - also remember the respecs per level up)

- then either get a schooner for use and/or base

- next step would be second ship+dockj , so you a base ship and a use ship...

- this obvious is easier to do, when you live peacefully and rent free (please refuel the farmhouses, thank you) on someones claim...

At this point you lose your stuff if someone wants to invest the 56000 cannonballs to sink one of your ships...

If you get just one warehouse+farm+market down and connect just one route in sector it is 500gold/day minimum. If you trade with non-ally it is 1000gold. If the open up server wide trade routes it will go up to 5000gold min (shortest distance for a route). Taxation may take half... combined with maps (because no base building and resources farming) you can crank out a schooner and dock every 3-4 days easy...
Brig will be a bit harder goal, because of the dock cost, but do you "need" a brig as a solo...?!?!

If you get a claim (old island or new area) get it as close to the dock as possible so your base ship NPC contest unclaiming it = 56000 balls per ship...

21 hours ago, cidran said:

He didn't account for the time it takes to unlock those skills either. 

Totally, options are always good. I'm at a point where i'd rather just pay 100.000 gold or more for a mythical brig than go farm all the materials. 

yeah takes forever to tame ANY bear...

sounds like we can make that work... you bring the gold AND the BLUEPRINTS...
or you steal the woods from a trading warehouse, so you just need to get the light stuff...
Shit, we throw the woods away... it is too much...

On 12/3/2020 at 3:05 PM, Ranger1k said:

How long has it been?

You play PvE or PvP? On PvE the "paywall" is basically made of tissue if your a vet.

Been 3 months or so.  NA PvP.   Most people I know considering to come back saw this change and  said F it.  Game is dead to us now. 

Edited by DocHolliday

7 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

Duly noted

Maybe someone will remake ShadowBane 😃

Good luck to ya

Been dreaming of this for many years.  🙂

Missing my high defense Huntress using Vorgrim light armor. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

@DocHolliday

<--- double boxed a rogue and a summoner

or

Played a Barbarian MeatShield or a Priest when playing in team.

Been so long that the only equipment i remember are my glass throwing axes.. LOL

@DarkZer0

If they don't stop giving preferential treatment to people who download half a dozen apps I may be inclined to take your advice. It's a VERY clear indication of poor decision making.