cidran

You are not making gold worth, you are just placing a wall for basic content

Hi,

With all this gold for ships, gold for structures system in place, I just wanted to give my opinion and suggestion. 

Gold for full ships, it's a good idea (as long as the price is reasonable, right now it isn't)
Gold for materials, it's fine as well. 

Having to farm gold and materiales it's just an unnecesary wall for content, this game needs a lot of (UX Design on it btw).

I'll give a couple ideas to make Gold actually worth:

- Go back to the old ship building with no gold cost attached, and add the option to buy the ship with nothing but gold on the freeports. 
- Remove the crafting of ship improvements such as cargo racks, diving equipment, hell, maybe even large cannons. 
- Make better grade items (legendary and such) available via purchase on the freeports, don't remove the option to craft them.

- Make more ship improvements to allow for ship specialization, for example, allow ships to have mortars, but at the expense of cannons, you get 1 mortar for a brig. This should be something you buy at the freeport and then attach to the ship, like in the way the sail skin system works right now. Ideas for this system are:  

- cargo racks (the current ones)

- submarine (the current one, but just put a gold cost)

- torpedoes (the current one, just put a gold cost)

- cargo compartments (this should use space in the ship, basically block a whole floor of the ship for nothing but cargo, for example in a schooner with this, you can only move on the deck now, the whole bottom of the ship is cargo area and that should reduce weight of the transported items, imagine it as a huge box we place inside the ship)

- diving equipment (the current ones)

- animal cages (for better and more animal transport, reduce crew cost for tames while they are on the cage).

- colony compartment: basically, don't allow to place crafting tables in the ship, but sell this component, which is a prebuilt section for the ship with a smithy, forge, tannery and mortars, and a tiny weight reduction. Also should have extra beds to allow for more respawns.

- Siege ship: adds the ability to add up to 4 mortars (depends on ship size) but removes about 90% of the ship cannons. (a schooner should allow for 2 cannons for example)

- Ramming attachment: could be a worse version than the ship, extra weight, blocks some cannons on the front.

- Speed attachment: allow to add extra side sails to the ship (Google studding sails), more sails = more speed.

- Steam engine improvement: Adds the engine that the trading ship uses to move, so we can move witouth wind. 

- Rocket battery: like the artilley improvement, but this fires more shots that make more damage to characters and way less damage to structures. 

Enough about ships, we could have similar things for base building, automated farming structures, automated maintenance structures, NPCs, character building, event for tames, basically allow us to use gold to buy usefull things, instead of using gold as a means of blocking content that will prevent us from enjoying the game. 

That should be all, I know this will get a lot of mixed opinions and I know you can farm gold with a sloop, but, should we? why Farming doesn't make the game more entretaining, it just takes time away from the fun. 

Edited by cidran
  • Like 7

Agreed, Sir.

This is a paywall, by any other name.

It's a great way to lose players, and frankly it's lost me.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I was thinking about coming back until I saw it cost gold for ships.  F that noise. 

How long has it been?

You play PvE or PvP? On PvE the "paywall" is basically made of tissue if your a vet.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Freki said:

Agreed, Sir.

I'm playing on a private server with very high rates, on a box you can get about 300 gold, a 1900 treasure may get you 15000 gold, and believe me, it took time to farm a galleon. On oficial rates I would have dropped the game before getting the gold for the schooner. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cidran said:

I'm playing on a private server with very high rates, on a box you can get about 300 gold, a 1900 treasure may get you 15000 gold, and believe me, it took time to farm a galleon. On oficial rates I would have dropped the game before getting the gold for the schooner. 

you are not supposed to get a gally as a solo every other day on official... even bigger companies a gally should be special...

but you still can do it right now with the amount of gold you make doing nothing...

get with the program... gold and resources make themselves now... so you can go out sailing more and not farm by hand for this... hell, now your ships are 'unsinkable' when you park them for a small TIP...

• Like 1

The heck with ‘sailing’. I’m making so much gold now I have decided to start buying everyone’s used sloops. I figure I will max out my ships then I will start buying tames until I hit 300. It will be a zoo and look like there are a 100 customers. Boats everywhere....So glad I am realizing the Devs true meaning of Atlas. 

• Haha 1

I say with the cost of gold then ship should be like gold! They should be able to not sink so easy! The ships still sink and get destroyed just as easy as before. I myself spent time getting gold for just the schooner. Got the thing built thought yeah I'm getting some where I no more then went threw the shimmer to have a blockade of ghost ships waiting on the other side for me to Sink it. .. I have not played Atlas scent. And I'm hoping something will change, or It might be finally done with this game for good.

On 12/4/2020 at 3:50 AM, Sheepshooter said:

you are not supposed to get a gally as a solo every other day on official... even bigger companies a gally should be special...

but you still can do it right now with the amount of gold you make doing nothing...

get with the program... gold and resources make themselves now... so you can go out sailing more and not farm by hand for this... hell, now your ships are 'unsinkable' when you park them for a small TIP...

Yet, you should be able to get a schooner every other day, with this system you need to invest a lot of time into getting a schooner, specially if it's your first one.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2020 at 4:42 PM, cidran said:

Yet, you should be able to get a schooner every other day, with this system you need to invest a lot of time into getting a schooner, specially if it's your first one.

with "invest a lot of time" you mean waiting around for the resources to farm themselves in your or the other guys farms and warehouses... right...?

if not, like I said, you are doing it wrong... get with the program...! more sailing, less bobing...!

3 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

with "invest a lot of time" you mean waiting around for the resources to farm themselves in your or the other guys farms and warehouses... right...?

if not, like I said, you are doing it wrong... get with the program...! more sailing, less bobing...!

You are entitled to you position, that is fine, if you like it the way it is right now good for you, enjoy it. But all the complaints you see on the forums, steam, twitter, etc, are there for a reason. 

• Like 2

This game was already incredibly difficult for new players to get into, and now with the added gold cost on ships, this game has more in common with a murder hobo simulator that it does a pirate game.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 1:42 PM, cidran said:

You are entitled to you position, that is fine, if you like it the way it is right now good for you, enjoy it. But all the complaints you see on the forums, steam, twitter, etc, are there for a reason. 

Well, seems like the only entitlement is on you...
Play the game by the rules of the game. If you don't like the rules, or you are not good at it, play something different.
Granted the rules have changed... but they are still the rules...

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Well, seems like the only entitlement is on you...
Play the game by the rules of the game. If you don't like the rules, or you are not good at it, play something different.
Granted the rules have changed... but they are still the rules...

You do realize the game is on alpha right?

So, things will change; as they already have, some systems will stay and others will dissapear depending on the community feedback.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cidran said:

You do realize the game is on alpha right?

So, things will change; as they already have, some systems will stay and others will dissapear depending on the community feedback.  

And yet you are complaining and not playing the game...

18 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

And yet you are complaining and not playing the game...

FYI to give feedback I need to play the game, so yes, I am playing

Edited by cidran
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cidran said:

FYI to give feedback I need to play the game, so yes, I am playing

and yet you say you do not, which is why you complain about not getting a schooner every other day, while everyone playing the game as is gets them daily if they want to... and drop all the resources overflow on the ground... we got so much it would be a waste of time putting more into a resources chest... for what...? better to sail, for which we now got more time...

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

and yet you say you do not, which is why you complain about not getting a schooner every other day, while everyone playing the game as is gets them daily if they want to... and drop all the resources overflow on the ground... we got so much it would be a waste of time putting more into a resources chest... for what...? better to sail, for which we now got more time...

wow dude, you are really toxic and I can see you really didn't read my post and are just assuming a lot of things so this is my last reply, after this i'm not going to waste more time with you, and I see a pattern on a lot of your replies even on other threads and I know that kind of personality. Not worth wasting time, besides you don't really provide any insightfull comment.

The game is at less than 5000 players for a reason. This nonesense mechanichs are just one. 

I do play the game, I do have a warehouse, I do have a farm, I do have the chance to get a galleon everyother day on the server I play, I own a very big islan, i'm not a solo player. 

But I also have the ability to se things from the perspective of a singleplayer o smal group of players, the game is slowly dying because of mechanics such as this, the vitamins and some other nonsense that remove the fun from the game and just make it increasingly frustrating. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cidran said:

wow dude, you are really toxic...

[...cleans CIDs bile about the game from my face... before it burns me with it's toxicity...]☠️

• Confused 1

On 12/3/2020 at 3:52 PM, Freki said:

Agreed, Sir.

im in a big company and its not an issue, But my friends in NA cant make the gold for a schooner 5k is insane! Especially For Very small Companies that have 10-5 players

even the ones who permanently live on lawless who couldent get an island, Or even players who did get an island But have no bay at all only to return the next day to a sunk 5k gold sink Ships with gold cost is stupid Especially the 22k useless ramming ship that cant be fixed at all. 1 plank missing = end game 7k HP Non Upgradable  this is not a Holiday gift This is a Coal Wraped in shit.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 8:23 PM, cidran said:

wow dude, you are really toxic and I can see you really didn't read my post and are just assuming a lot of things so this is my last reply, after this i'm not going to waste more time with you, and I see a pattern on a lot of your replies even on other threads and I know that kind of personality. Not worth wasting time, besides you don't really provide any insightfull comment.

The game is at less than 5000 players for a reason. This nonesense mechanichs are just one. 

I do play the game, I do have a warehouse, I do have a farm, I do have the chance to get a galleon everyother day on the server I play, I own a very big islan, i'm not a solo player. 

But I also have the ability to se things from the perspective of a singleplayer o smal group of players, the game is slowly dying because of mechanics such as this, the vitamins and some other nonsense that remove the fun from the game and just make it increasingly frustrating. 

I have been left after s1 and returned at this season.(I am playing pve, so every comment I got is about pve offical) As a small group of 2 active player, I found gold for ships is not the worst part of the game , collect gold is more enjoyable (provided that there isn't bugs during the procedure) when compared with endless grinding for basic resources in s1.

What keeps player count low is more likely to be the bugs, unstable connection, difficulty to obtain a wh , fh and perhaps the toxic land claiming system. Not owning a island is fine but definitely  will drop if we don't own fh and wh. Yet most grid are claimable Island, solo are squeezing into those confined space. It should be where most player leave the game.

If devs wants more players to be around ,they should make claiming system , wh and fh system more solo player friendly. Reduce the price if schooner may helps but keeping top tier stuff costly is pretty much standard procedure for most game(and most of them cost even more), yet ppl are still playing. 

On 12/14/2020 at 6:35 AM, Sheepshooter said:

[...cleans CIDs bile about the game from my face... before it burns me with it's toxicity...]☠️

Honestly, go fuck yourself. The game is not good after the developers abandoned it for 6 months to start Ark 2 and then implemented so many bullshit chnages. Jesus you're a fucking cunt. I made an account literally just to say that. You're welcome.

• Like 2

The best option is the one that gives all players the most options. Just make ship building have two paths you can DIY farm the materials for no gold cost or for the people who don’t like resource farming let them pay in gold. It’s not a right or wrong way but you want to give people multiple options to expand the attraction of game to a bigger base of players.

Some of the changes since the game released have not had a positive impact on your player base and expanding it. A big one would be the change in the claim system while the original had its flaws more people were getting a chance to have a peace of the land pie. After the changes to claims the majority of players started concentrating around lawless islands leaving the majority of the map with few players per grid as a normal. Honestly go back to what we had with land claiming in the beginning and stop altering game mechanics so drastically. Especially in ways that limit players options. More options better.

Focus on bug fixes and content. Give treasure hunters more to sail out for and pirates more to desire to pirate for. Your islands are regional why not have regional themed weapons, armor, buildings, and furniture as part of rng chance with treasures in those areas to help stimulate gold spending in trade and pirating. You have such a large diversity in resources and that’s great but in what to use it all for is lacking in variety.

Also it would be great to see more dungeon like setups on islands to get to higher level treasure rewards making the content more unique and valuable to trade. 

Edited by Caleysto
  • Like 1