Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Patch V516.2 - Small Armored Dock, Market Improvements, Fixes, and Balancing

EDIT 2: We issued a fix earlier this morning for the armored dock crashing issues. If you are still experiencing any further issues or bugs, please report them to us in the bug report form here: bit.ly/36zPZmJ We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you!

EDIT 1: The team is currently investigating the crashing issues with armored docks and the potential data loss from the related crashing. We will update again when we have more info. Please send further bug reports or details of any issues here: bit.ly/36zPZmJ Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahoy Pathfinders!

We hope you’ve all enjoyed the 2x event over the Thanksgiving Weekend! This week, we have a bit of a smaller maintenance patch, with the Small Armored Dock now available!

Small Armored Docks, for Schooners and Sloops, will have 20,000,000 health. We are also beefing up the Large Armored Dock to 30,000,000 health. Gold upkeep has been lowered to 150 a day, while Small Armored Docks will have an upkeep of 50 a day. We have also made a number of changes and bug fixes to balance and improve the Armored Docks. Rest easy knowing yer furry companions are safe onboard your protected Ships!

Development and optimization work for the Trade System continues! We have made improvements to the Market UI for Market Searching. Most importantly, we have addressed several server issues to improve performance and latency. Thank you for your feedback and bug reporting as the Trade System continues to undergo development. Again, not all features of the Trade System, including the NPC Ships, are out yet. Subsequent patches will continue to see more and more improvements and fixes. Missing resources and new items are now available for Trade as well! Anyone got any Ale or Grog? We’re stockin’ up fer a new adventure as the Ramming Ship is getting closer to making its debut on the ATLAS seas! Look out for it in the nearby future 😉

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

V516.2

New Structure: Small Armored Dock
The Small Armored Dock is suitable for protecting Schooners and Sloops. It can be crafted at a Smithy after learning the Intermediate Shipwright Skill in the Seamanship tree.

• Health: 20,000,000
  • Upkeep Cost: 50 Gold every 24 hours
  • Crafting resources required:
    • 700 Alloy
    • 900 Fiber
    • 4,000 Stone
    • 1,000 Thatch
    • 1,250 Wood
    • 10,000 Gold

Large Armored Dock

• Increased health from 300,000 to 30,000,000
  • Decreased upkeep cost from 500 to 150 Gold every 24 hours
  • Added 50,000 Gold cost for crafting

Armored Dock

• NPCs and Tames on protected ships can no longer be damaged
  • Added a new protected icon that replaces the anchor icon above protected ships
  • Ships can now anchor inside an Armored Dock even if the Dock is placed in deep water
  • Ships must not have received or dealt damage for at least five minutes before receiving protection from an Armored Dock
  • Bug Fix: Armored Docks can now only protect one ship at a time
  • Bug Fix: Ships are no longer protected after an Armored Dock is destroyed
  • Bug Fix: Protected ships will no longer decay. This prevents an issue where protected ships instantly sink when raising their anchor after a long period of time

Ships

• Brigantine price decreased from 25,000 to 18,000 Gold
  • Increased max level of common ships from 42 to 50
    • NOTE: This change only applies to ships built after the patch

Trade

• Markets Searching now returns a paged list instead of all Markets. This should clear up the performance hit on the server when someone opens a Market
  • Added new resource types for Trading:
    • Rushes (missing from Thatch)
    • Oil Category and variants
    • Salt Category and variants
  • Consumables:
    • Wheat
    • Maize
    • Ale
    • Grog
  • Others
    • Cannon Balls
    • Large Cannon Balls
    • Gunpowder
    • Fire Gel
    • Blasting Powder
    • Organic Paste
    • Fertilizer
  • Bug Fix: Addressed several server issues that led to increased latency
  • Bug Fix: Trade Routes are now correctly calculating distance when the shortest path wraps around the map border
  • Bug Fix: Disconnected Markets are no longer shown as candidates in the Market List

Misc

• Warehouses and Farmhouses can now only be enabled or disabled by players within the same company
  • Restored XP reward to standard Golden Age Army of the Damned Soldiers
    • NOTE: Golden Age Army of the Damned Soldiers in caves still don't reward XP
  • Bug Fix: Treasure will no longer spawn on Sea Forts

Known Issues

• Not all available Markets are showing up from every other Market during search
  • Upkeep Cost on Armored Docks does not properly show the next time. Upkeep is still taken on skill

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you post pone this by like, 10 more minutes? Don't know if I'll get out of Golden Age in time..

Can you guys just ask the few hundred players  that still play this game what they would like to see changed or added? Some of us want to keep playing but theses changes are awful..really taking the fun out of the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

im gonna say i like the addition of armored docks but the small armored dock needs its cost to create decreased the upkeep is perfect imo but 10k is way too much compared to the cost of upkeep 200 would be a far better cost imo just because its still a good bit to get like you couldnt protect a full fleet if you wanted to on a whim but it wouldnt be a large company exclusive 

the old armoured shipyards crash your game, even if you use a spyglass to look at it it crashed your game with a fatal error. it is now being called the madusa of atlas as her gaze will turn you to stone.

Upkeep for these docks is way too high! Especially if one cannot collect bottles! 80% of bottles just simply disappear now...how the hell are we to get gold with this crap happening?

Then why can you not make a script to restart the servers at the same time every day? It is so simple to do!
When more than 5 people in a grid the lag starts and gets progressively worse.
Many games do this...live EVE Online!

The markets: Why cant you add a delete button to the routes? Once your routes are populated then someone cancels or rejects it, you are screwed because you cannot get new ones!

Gold for ships: You should look at charging for ships that you can buy in free ports...not ones that we build!! Make the freeport ships better quality and then charge these astronomical prices for them!

Will you EVER start listening to players? 

Edited by Nutty Grandad
  • Like 3

Is Atlas a dead game?
Yes, in the sense that the ship is Atlas, the pirate game run by Grapeshot Games (i.e., Studio Wildcard) and it appears to be listing, taking on water, and generally drifting along without any remaining momentum.
An excellent round up of the current state of the game this review is spot on
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Atlaneer said:
Is Atlas a dead game?
Yes, in the sense that the ship is Atlas, the pirate game run by Grapeshot Games (i.e., Studio Wildcard) and it appears to be listing, taking on water, and generally drifting along without any remaining momentum.
An excellent round up of the current state of the game this review is spot on

um did you just say your own review is spot on? thats not how it works not many people will listen to someone who says "im 100% correct"

• Like 1

Thank you for lowering the cost of the Brig and adding more trade items. I don’t really sail, tame, fight or do quests anymore because I have a 2 markets. It takes all my game time to make sure that the farms are running, the warehouse is collecting and that my trade routes are making gold I’ll never spend due to an unforeseen wipe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gomez Addams said:

Thank you for lowering the cost of the Brig and adding more trade items. I don’t really sail, tame, fight or do quests anymore because I have a 2 markets. It takes all my game time to make sure that the farms are running, the warehouse is collecting and that my trade routes are making gold I’ll never spend due to an unforeseen wipe.

C'mon Gomez, you know its EA. Don't act like wipes are bad. Your better than that.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

the old armoured shipyards crash your game, even if you use a spyglass to look at it it crashed your game with a fatal error. it is now being called the madusa of atlas as her gaze will turn you to stone.

Sadly I dont use a spyglass, I walk on stairs ^^. cant reconnect . FUN

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, human thee three said:

um did you just say your own review is spot on? thats not how it works not many people will listen to someone who says "im 100% correct"

Obviously not try not to just assume.....

On 12/3/2020 at 6:33 AM, Nutty Grandad said:

Upkeep for these docks is way too high! 

The markets: Why cant you add a delete button to the routes? Once your routes are populated then someone cancels or rejects it, you are screwed because you cannot get new ones!

Gold for ships:

wait, what?

you are using markets and trade routes and with even one route working you make ~1000 gold/day in grid and you think the docks cost too much in upkeep and the ship you stuck in that dock is too expensive...? funny that
if you get going a few trade routes in grid with others or YOUR OW markets! you can crank out a schooner a day (did you know the farms connected to your ware house which connect to your market got all the resources ready to go for your new ship?). Yeah, for the dock it takes you two days... OF DOING NOTHING...!

and not for you, but everyone else around you: steal Nutty's gold from his trade warehouse and use the resources from his farms so you can crank out a schooner a day and laugh at him from your schooner in your dock next to his market while he figures out how to make the ~57.000 cannon balls to take revenge on you...
BTW markets make a lot of balls and powder... you can do it Nutty!

We don't need gun control, we need bullet control...!

Don't seem to be able to suspend my market any more and we still appear to be restricted to 3 trade routes despite having 3 separate markets. 

You reduced the gold cost for the brigantine but not the schooner? Reduce the gold cost on the schooner, ffs. So many people have requested this change. Many have quit because you've absolutely ruined your early game experience, especially with your garage implementation of trade and how claiming works. 

• Like 1