Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

My Tradewinds Feedback (5.0 thread).

Right, lets continue with game WRONGS. Right now I play solo (due to all my pals drop the game and don't ever wanna back). Right now I'm on my way to test this Kraken ship, and trying to get those squid parts. With no success in 2 days. I didn't do this power voyage (not sure how to do it solo and there is no instrument it game to gather a group for that).

There is lack info about where to find those squids. Atlas wiki sais - it's in every trench, in Goldens. I have to dive there with just myself, all skills in swimming speed, oxygen rate and spear rifle in my hands.

An here is a problem. 

aQW6jC2.jpg

20) - Each death leave a corpse with crab wheel.

I face Eels. I'm not sure how do they work, but sometimes I face one, then in shows +6 above it and suddenly there are like 10-20 Eels attacking me at once. After I die, they stay at my corpse, so the only way to bring my stuff back is:

- To dive.

- To pull them aside from my corpse.

- To die.

- To dive again.

- To pull them farther aside from my corpse.

- To die.

Repeat until I can safely loot my first corpse. And all would be fine but... with lack of visibility in waters out of trench, it's hard to navigate there, and each my corpse leaves a backpack with brand new generated crab wheel cosmetic. If I die 5 times there will be 5 light pillars lead to 5 corpses with 5 new crab wheels. If I die like 20 times - I'll get 20 corpses with 20 new crab wheels. In those dark waters with like 40 Eels, 10 sharks, 5 sperm whales hunting me I see 20 corpses around. And then I just unable to find the very corpse with my stuff.

Because of 20 crab wheels.

And yeah. You know what? Thanks, but I don't need this crab wheel. It doesn't match every design, I don't like it and never wanna use it.

VETvtFA.jpg

P.S. - In 2 days I met just a single squid in trench. I tried to hunt it with a dolphin I just tamed, and I couldn't kill it, because it just hold my dolphin in tentacle, and dolphin couldn't move, couldn't lend a single damage to squid, and only could do is to stay immobilized and watch squid killing it. So... any advice of where to find bunch of squids and how to hunt them without submarine are welcome.

Edited by George Catcher

aQW6jC2.jpg

21 - Your game physics is sucks.

I have to suicide myself because of how you game works. I've killed an hog to gather meat. There were abandoned tames of player who drop the game nearby. Lion tames came to gather this meat as well, they just run over me and now they standing with no way for me to move them anywhere. I'm flying inside with no way to escape.

NFTJRVU.jpg

I know U busy adding some stuff for like 0.001% of your player base, that no one else can (or don't wanna) use. But PLEASE, work with old stuff. Improve the game overall itself, so there would NOT be this issues like stuck inside animals, projectiles hit invisible walls around enemies, etc.

Edited by George Catcher

23 - Better quality shipyard.

Attaching shipyard sturdiness to +max ship level was stupid idea. Because, I can build like 107% shipyard, 113% shipyard, or 100% shipyard - they will cost me different resources, and it will show I have different quality of ship, but... 107% quality ship is the same as 100% quality. It shows, it cost more that 5000 gold, but it cost 5000 gold...

RzqOMGl.jpg

Instead of attaching +levels to shipyard sturdiness, you should introduce +max ship levels to shipyard stats, and only depend on this stat, increase ship gold cost.

G9ljovx.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

24 - Treasure spawn inside bases.

RzqOMGl.jpg

There are structures blocks resources spawns nearby. Maybe they should block treasure spawns as well? This is not cool to sail half atlas and find your treasure behind someone's walls. I know this is not his fault, because he didn't know that there is treasure there. It was not mine either I didn't choice where another bottle will lead me.

I6Ux6Q2.jpg

25 - Wind issues

RzqOMGl.jpg

You realize that sail through calm wind and sail upwind (and especially sailing both calm and upwind same time) is NO FUN AT ALL right??? But with current wind system we spend most of our time through calm and upwind.

I just wanna remind, that current wind just slowly rotate in direction clockwise, and raises full strength blowing eats and west, then fall to calm, blowing north and south. So why do we sail most of our time with not cool condition? It simple.

When we sail downwind, we get wherever we want fast. When we sail upwind - we slow. So imagine I need to go couple grids west for treasure, and then go back to base? I sail there within just 15 minutes, then I sail back for like 40 minutes.

CD2SeLl.jpg

Then I find another bottle leads me south. This time wind rotates south and calm, and I sail there for 35 minutes and then go back within 1 hour 5 minutes.

FZT2VWc.jpg

So overall: 

- I spend 55 minutes in fun strong wind and 1h 45 minutes in boring calm wind.

- I spend 50 minutes sailing downwind and 1h 45 minutes sailing upwind.

Those numbers are fictional of course but in most cases it actually works this way.

------------

26 - Oh and bring XP boost sailing through the rain.

Things is simple.

- We get X3 of normal ship XP gaining, sailing through the rain.

- We get X5 of normal ship XP gaining, sailing through the rain with tornadoes.

- If we didn't hit a single tornado, then all XP we gained since enter tornado zone till exit one (its from start to end of disaster or from enter the grid till exit one) is doubles.

This way players wont be so unhappy playing Pacman with funnels.

Edited by George Catcher

27 - Bottles issues.

First of all - some islands have like plenty untouched bottles. Another ones - no bottles at all. And in both sides the situation is sucks. When you have plenty bottles around, you'll have headache because of chimes. When you have no bottles - waste hell lot of time to sail another island and search bottles there.

The solution is simple. 

a) - Make bottles respawn faster.

b) - Make bottles decay faster.

There will be less bottles around then, but there will always be some bottles for treasure hunters.

-------------

One more thing. 

You know the higher bottle you gathered, the farther away you'll sail for treasure. And, well... the current map made the way, that highest bottle will have just a single farthest route possible and will lead you to the only grid. Because I'm now doing only purple bottles, if I happy enough to find really high level one (16+) in my base island at G8 it will lead me to jus a single B2 grid, because it's the farthest possible. Even neighbor B1 will have shorter route. You can not imagine how many times I made this G8 to B2 voyage.

Solution is simple here too. Just make distance to grid totally random. Got lvl-20 next grid? Lucky you. Got lvl-5 half atlas away - better luck next time.

hSoyodw.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

28 - Glitching after long sailing.

If I play for a long time with no log outs, and if I sail alot all this time, then after I cross some glitches start to occur. Sometimes I see this:

kUV73jy.jpg

Sometimes all moving parts double themselves. I have like double doors, double cannons, etc. My ship wont allow me to move anywhere, do all rubber stuff.

d4LeeaN.jpg

Sometimes my crew disabbear, or sail loosing painting and goes white. It's all cured by re load the game.

29 - Server message behind sextant buff.

And I just wanna remind you of this issue.

p5c2HsZ.jpg

29 - Shop SIGN maybe???

RzqOMGl.jpg

While I was in the middle of treasure hunting, I opened a shop to sell all those hundreds of BPs and stuff I've got. And NOT A SINGLE PERSON visited my shop. Because no one know it there. I mean really, you don't think players will stop at each base they see, to check if there is some shop there!?

So players who wanna trade (not those trading routes) in order to get attention, build their monstrous signs from walls.

So, maybe you introduce some lighted sign for shop? Small, but yet visible from the ocean somehow, so all who sail by, see there is something selling there?

1XQBOGP.jpg

(player forgot to unlock his shops on picture above, btw).

30 - Wall hooks are way too weak.

RzqOMGl.jpg

You know there are a lot of players who love to paint and light their boats. There is a problem tho. Wall hooks has just 500 hp. So when I put one on my mast and put there a lantern, it only need a single hit from damned ship, to destroy it. I mean you can not imagine how many times I had to attach another hook to my mast, instead of destroyed one. I have a box with some maintenance stuff (planks, ceilings etc) and there are also 10 hooks lying there. And they don't stay there for long.

And you know... those lanterns serve just a cosmetic purpose. So... we have figure head serve cosmetic purposes that is indestructible. Maybe you make wall hooks indestructible too?

elOrw0C.jpg

31 - Power stone and book with fascinating story.

aQW6jC2.jpg

Alright, today I finished gathering power stones. And whole journey there was one issue that pissed me off. So here is the deal. When I get my key, I run naked to this powerstone cave, and rush to the altar. Typically there are like bunch different high level enemies around. All those snakes, lions, bats, spiders, scorpions and of course damned army there. All around 150-200 lvl.

So my goal is to pass them safely and then...

This is good form rule for me. I do my best to take care of other players. After I use the power stone, or this fountain of youth, I jump off a bridge, to lure all enemies from there down, so when next player arrive, he will be able to pass a bridge safe, not facing like 40 lvl-200+ enemies staying there.

I always try to do that, but with power stone, after I pick one, then my pathfinder immobilized and book with a story of power stone is open. I mean CMON guys, I surrounded by hell bunch of monsters, I need to escape, and you force me to read some kind of book. I can read one later, it's always available in discoveries menu!!!

UQex40Z.jpg

32 - Custom sail painting disappear after I die and respawn in my ship's bed.

After 10-15 minutes, it appears back on the sails.

Edited by George Catcher

32 - Feats.

In certain situations I can not use all of my feats together. Sailing ship, I never use Nature Touch or Flag placement. Riding my tame I never use overdrive or rally. And of course walking alone all I can do is dance, and do this fast repair and fast reload features.

And yet, I have all feats in my feats menu, and most of them are red.

Also I have like 10 different dances now, but I can only use four. So...

RzqOMGl.jpg

1) - I would make only feats I can use right now are visible on my panel. I ride a boat - Rally and Overdrive at F1 and F2. I walking - then only fast reload, repair, instant equip and flag. I ride a tame - nature cry and touch.

2) - Move dances out of there and put them in to round menu.

4hc1IEx.jpg

xql41mb.jpg

NXbjR1F.jpg

33 - Sea battles loot.

As far as I joined damned ships hunt, I immediately noticed that LOOT GOT WORST than ever! I mean, cmon devs, you wanna us to go to the ocean and fight damned ships in PVE or NOT???

Today I took down lvl-37, lvl-34, lvl-22 Galleys and lvl-56 brig of damned. And all i've got in reward is some low quality blue (journeyman) BPs and some normal quality green (fine) ones. In couple days I also saw NO large sails, no planks, and no gunports. Just decks, all kind of cannons (with useless in PVE mortar, this one is most common) and a lot of basic ammo, like barshots, mortar shots, liquid flame etc which I never use in PVE as well. There is even lack of gold in reward, Just 100 coins for lvl-37 damned galley? I've got same amount of gold for lvl-2 treasure, which I can solo naked with wooden stick in my hand.

So the situation is sad. I risk my boat, I engage fight with strong enemy. I loosing my planks and gunports, I survive, and after all I've got a loot chest and THROW ALL FROM THERE TO THE OCEAN. I don't believe you hate PVE players that much. but really. Do you???

tjoetel.jpg

34 - Leveling

One more thing. I'm now 70. How many ways do I have to level my pathfinder more??? As many as whole one, right? I need to find three-four lvl-16+ bottles, sail from my G8 to B2 (the only longest way) done all of those to get my 71 and that's it?

What if I don't wanna tame a tiger and dig treasures?

What if I wanna just play happy farm-guy and breed bears, elies, dinos? I put hell a lot efforts to that. but then I don't level up.

What if I wanna just build a battle ship and fight damned ships, kraken, squids? I don't level up.

What if I wanna explore whole world, and goldens, fighting all cyclops, elementals, hydras and drakes there? I don't level up.

This is a bit unfair. I mean it's not a problem for me to do like lvl-22 treasure solo, but... right now it just some kind of stuff I don't wanna do, but have to, because there is no alternative to that. I busy leveling my BRIG for Kraken battles, and in order to get more pathfinder levels, I need to stop doing that, and do just treasures again, which I already made hell a lot...

Edited by George Catcher

Just quick update about damned loot. I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but I feel that you actually do hate PVE players... : (

zJ9YSl3.jpg

35 - Ship POV issues.

When we use steering wheel, camera is zoom out, help us to sail, maneuvering and navigate the ship. And this made just right. What made wrong is, that center of point of view located right in the steering wheel. It means, if I put my wheel to ship stern, I'll be able to see all in front of my ship.

wceNwWa.jpg

If I use "design for my playstyle ©" and put steering wheel to ship's nose, then all I see is just my sails cover most of my screen:

HOTEYJk.jpg

And IMAO current zoom out distance is a bit low. So... please make it the way, when we use steering wheel, then camera zoom out, and center of our view moves to ship center (you can attach point to ship's frame or something). And current zoom distance is side of my ship covers half screen long. Make it a bit farther. So side of the ship will be 1/3 screens long.

Edited by George Catcher

I know PVE isn't your priority right now, but I just wanna mention PVE seas battles:

36 - PVE seas battle issues:

RzqOMGl.jpg

While I do that a lot with old fashion way (the way it suppose to be), there are some issues made terrible wrong and I don't like it. I guess all made wrong:

All cannons aims JUST parallel trajectory. Do 100% synchronized volley. Cannonballs flies 100% accurate and parallel trajectory and lands exactly spot I send them to. Please tell me, are we playing actually sea pirate game? Not those old fashion arcade machines in 90's with games like TYRIAN??? I mean, I do love TYRIAN but I wanna play sail age ships, not those arcades...

m44jbt4.jpg

Parallel trajectory sometimes doesn't allow me to AIM enemies boat with all my cannons. It's like some of my guys aiming enemy's boat, while another ones - just to waters with no reason. They have turning cannons, you know? 

Synchronized volley is nonsense. 100% accuracy is nonsense. Non of these ships were that good.

Current cannonballs speed is nonsense as well. I mean some damned ship even can dodge my fire. It's like cheating. For hundreds times I saw the situation when damned ship is moving, I aim just a bit ahead and the moment I shoot, damned ship does instant stop, letting my cannonballs fly ahead. Then continue moving. 

So I just wanna repeat what I told before. All cannon stuff should be like this:

- When I aim - I see large round area where my balls will randomly land (it's not necessary I see that with UI graphic, but it should exists around my aim point).

- When I shoot - my cannons do random volley within 3 seconds.

- My cannonballs flies at least 10 times faster than it is now and land in wide area around my aim point.

So instead of this:

wy50m1q.jpg

It should be like this:

H1UKGxO.jpg

Cannonballs land area way larger that enemy ship and goes wider with distance. So a lot of cannonball will miss - it's fine. With skills I can reduce cannonballs lands area and volley time. Some skills with gunmen also help to aim. 

And damned ship should work the same way. They should do same long volleys, fast flying cannonballs with wide hit area. Don't make it arcade, with cannonballs dodging. Better damned ship - less volley time and hit area range.

And please DON"T DO THIS MACHINE GUN high level damned ship. I do understand you wanna them be cool, but I really don't like to see lvl-56 damned Galley with 3 second reload time. It's like those bosses in arcades.

Oh and I found funny issue. Damned ship CAN NOT pass through another damned ship wrecks : )) and just stuck there lol!

06TJS8M.jpg

Hi George, regarding the topic of changing the aiming i disagree. I don't want RNG like in World of Warships/Tanks where you miss when you aim properly.

Also this aim is used when shooting on land targets etc while you have to compensate with the wave movement of the ship. It's working fine. Some say the cannonballs are too slow but i think their speed is good because if they are faster everybody would always hit. Bots would not miss either with auto aim.

Your issue is that your build is not good in this situation. You could shoot with auto fire which is pretty close to what you think of. You could also group your cannons in two parts and don't use them all at once(more difficult to use). This aiming allows bar shot aiming as well. Also it's working good with the fast shot skills.

Maybe it would be nice if you could alter the aiming from standard parallel to a focused manual aim where the small cannons turn together.

The SotD maneuver which is good. You have to watch them to make sure you hit them or shot at the right moment.

I don't want RNG like in World of Warships/Tanks where you miss when you aim properly.

I didn't think of those games, actually. It's more like old Russian Corsairs game. There was everything I mentioned above - long volleys, wide hit area, fast cannonballs. Also in some cases cannons did misfire, or even could explode. All felt fine and most important - natural. I mean game was balanced to all of this. Right now it feels like Tyrian Arcade from 2000s.

Your issue is that your build is not good in this situation.

Yeah, but it has to be this way. Because I hunt SOtDs alot, I came up with this design, where middle part of the ship must be just empty, and all extra cannons should go to the nose or stern part of the ship. Both types are the same. The idea of separate main and extra cannons in 2 groups is good one, tho. Later I'll give it a try.

Not sure about that, but It'll probably be my last message here this season. I've been watchin quest skills and felt weird about them. I mean in all other games, you do some stuff, gather skills and armor an then go for the high-end bosses.

In Atlas we do high-end bosses first and then get skills and stuff to do... nothing with those I guess, because we've done everything already. 

RzqOMGl.jpg

37 - High end skills comes in wrong time and wrong place.

I just wanna mention I speak about PVE, so maybe in PVP, ppl are doing all those quest to be able to fight eachother more effectively. But right now we have the following:

leSULpB.jpg

- Veteran Pathfinder. This skill is a reward for Kraken V2 and brings us all feats CD -40%. We could use this skill to fight Kraken V2, and also all other high level battles. But we've got one after we done everything.

- Exploer the Depths. This skill is a reward for Kraken V1, and gives us a Submarine, so we would able to go Trenches. While it's fine on our way to Kraken V2, it also gives us opportunity to obtain Majestic Kraken we could use to fight Kraken. So again - it comes late.

- Treasure Master. Comes after I dig lvl-16+ treasure, and increase my melee durability tools by 100%. I mean... I use those tools a lot while building my base in the beginning. After that I don't use them at all, and there is no problem to bring out tools to smithy and repair all.

- Ghost Hunter. For destroying ghost ship. It raises your gold from treasures by 20%. The problem is - first you do treasures alot preparing to Ghost Ship mission. And only then you kill Ghost ship. You probably don't do any treasures after that. 

- Scourge of damned. For sinking lvl-50 damned Galley. With this skill armor anyway get destroyed in 3-4 deaths, so I don't feel any profit from this one. Oh and armor easily repairable, and all high-level inland content doable naked.

- Friends of Mermaids - gives your stamina recover faster. I don't know if in PVP ppl are actually do their fight with melee weapon, loosing and regaining stamina. In PVE - we need to down and rise stamina to manage our stomach level. Better stamina recovery - less stomach level we will loose.

- Blue Whale Killer - gives you prone and crouch speed bonus. Not sure if in PVP it gives you any advantages, but in PVE it's just... as is.

- Sperm Whale Killer - you do realize we don't kill SPERM whale for this quest right? So it gives you ability to tame more effectively. The problem is, we first tame pets to get our level, skills, and now - money for ship, and only then receive ability to tame more...

- Squid Killer - gives you vitamin bonus boosted. And again - we do all stuff where we could use this bonus (sailing global, do hard fights with damned armies etc) first and then - receive this bonus to do... nothing. Squid is high end game content.

- All Rejuvenation bonuses - are just free boosts to our pathfinder. Usually 1 or 2 came before we hit high-end game content, so it fine.

- Veteran Explorer. Better speed with overloaded state could be useful when we gather resources around the world, building, etc. We get one AFTER we done all those things.

- Harvest boost... I mean c'mon, we harvest in the beginning. Even without windmills after few weeks our storages are full of all kind of resources. And you gives us harvest boost after we done with last boss in the game. So we could harvest more for no reason right?

- Instant equip. In theory we can explore the world and after that go fighting, so it might help. (But practically we go for the fights long before that...). Oh and this skill is active one, and gives you ability to instant equip anything once in 10 minutes.

Not sure if I have any good solutions for that. One of possible solution - make all high end reward just awesome cosmetics, and all boosts move to some other ways to get (not high end ones), or even you should get rid of them all (I mean except submarine). 

While we are waiting for wipe, I put myself in lawless life and trading, and wanna bring few more thoughts about current mechanics.

38) - How trading should be designed:

Right now we can set our markets to trade some stuff for some stuff, and this is up to us what it will be.

Usually players do 1x1 wood for wood, fiber for fiber etc. In the meantime, for example, polar guys don't have fiber on their islands but they have like tons of gems, metal and crystals, and would love to sell em for fibers. Some grids have honey and they don't need like resin, syrup etc, but would welcome some x-tra types of wood... I've got my cotton for hemp so successful so I in a week I've got like 130 000 hemps in storage and 60 000 more in my warehouse, so I could trade this one too, but guys who ready to trade with Tundra only knows that my warehouses brings me cotton and won't send any wares for hemp. 

SO HOW THIS ONE SHOULD WORK:

Well... something thislike:

0l2PEMG.jpg

- I name my market.

- I click: Stuff I offer and put there all I've got for trading.

- I click: Stuff I wanna and put there all I wanna (it's not necessary. We can put specific ware or just a type of resource like "Gem" or "Saps" or whatever).

- I click: Trading Offers and see all markets within my market's radius.

- I click: View Offers/Demm each market to see what do the guy have for trading and what do he want.

- I click: Send Offer and put there my wares for his wares and then send it.

If he receive my offer, then our trading is established for 1 week. After week is expired I can either send another offer or extend current trading for yet another week. Or just cancel this one.

39 - Do this stuff needs to be in the game?

Few words of current game mechanics. Like:

a) - Aging. It's fine for rejuvenation buff, but after 3rd buff is gathered, players just plays 100years old grandies, with debuff icon that doesn't do anything. After 3rd rejuvenation buff is gathered we should be able to choice what age we should freeze ourselves on.

b) - Hairgrows. It's no point to use scissors because in just few hours our hairs will grow and ruin length and style we choose. In the end we all run with mess-hairy guys and girls... oh I mean grandmas and grangpas. There should be haircuts introduced (doable by scissors and maybe blueprints). But hair grow should be stopped.

Right now it turns out that the Atlas is the world of hairy 100 years old grandfathers and grandmothers : ))

p.s. - Picture above is 100th picture I used in my feedback threads. Anniversary lol : )

39) - Code "per island" stuff.

And one more thing.

You definitely should find a way to code somehow "per island" state for stuff and companies. Right now with windmills and warehouses - their radius so big so we forced to keep unnecessary distances from other companies, and forced to capture unnecessary areas in lawless.

For example check this one out:

MFBNTg8.jpg

I created my very compact base and I love to keep it this way. I don't really need that huge area for myself... I had to put 2nd flag to 2 types of trees growing aside, to set my windmill. After that I decided to expand my forest business, and wish to build yet another lumber yard. Guess what? With current farmhouse radius I HAD TO GO to hell in the middle of nowhere capture a land there, to set my 2nd farm. And I have like plenty of trees I need around, way closer to my base, I just couldn't set my forestry closer due to RADIUS.

Oh and there is some guy have his base farther there and I just put my flag in the middle of his area. Guess how happy he was with that?

Instead of radius, you could do just limit structure per island for each company. For example, 1 warehouse, 3 farmhouses. I could set my 2 towers, and place one farm to the shore for Iron, and 2 farms to the nearest woods for all other kind of stuff. I would use just 2 flags area and all my neighbors be happy!!!

g4oMZjx.jpg

Edited by George Catcher