Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

My Tradewinds Feedback (5.0 thread).

As far as I back, I'll continue to write my feedback. My last thread was here:

This season my crewmate went to WoW so I'm all alone. I play PVE. I always live in LAWLESS. I prefer to live in TUNDRA.

01 - Did you BALANCE traderoutes?

aQW6jC2.jpg

From what I saw so far, in LAWLESS PVE players want to capture as much space as they can with their windmills and warehouses. I mean sometimes they wanna have like 10 farmhouses and 3 warehouses around the island. With huge radius around each of building, It prevent another players from building their farms and warehouses. So the question is - DO PLAYERS REALLY NEED THAT MUCH FOR THEIR TRADING???

For example, I built my small village (no more castles etc, just separate houses to make it less pieces), and today I found SOMEONE ELSE's warehouse RIGHT INSIDE MY BASE! All space around simply covered by another players windmills, and his warehouse isn't connected to ANY of his windmills (he has some but in to another part of island). But the guy decide he need this exact spot AT MY BASE to build his warehouse. While he already have few in to another part of island.

So... maybe you balance all traderoutes chain so quantity doesn't matter. But the spot is important? IMAO - best situation is, when player or company simply need just one farm, one warehouse and one market. Or maybe you should consider to limit amount of warehouses/farmhouses/markets by 1 per player/company at each island???

EhS3Alu.jpg

02 - Sad story (The way to loose it all).

aQW6jC2.jpg

I understand that ATLAS is "So many efforts - so little reward". But some times it even go to "So many efforts to flush in to toilet!" It doesn't make your players happy, you know?

I was on my way to earn first 5k gold for Schooner (no trading for me, check message above), spent like a whole day, sailing and do treasure hunting. I've got jackpot - boosted treasure map, which was on "goldens" few grid from my base. With all caution, I've got there. I was able to deal with damned army, and dug the treasure. I was safely back to my ship, and full of joy, prepared tp departure.

Suddenly I've got 3.3k damage to my ANCHORED boat OUT OF NOWHERE. It destroyed my bed, my campfire. Then another 3k hit. I couldn't understand a thing, there were NO enemies around, no drake (it was hydra island), no elementals, no hydra herself. Third hit destroyed my boxes, and throw me and my bear away from my boat.

I was able to get to the shore, and only after I called my bear to follow I saw CYCLOP WALKING OUT FROM THE UNDERWATER!!! It means this guy was there for some reason, aggroed me, and right from underwater he started to hit me and land damage THROUGHT THE PLANKS OF MY ANCHORED SHIP. I died. With my bed destroyed, I wasn't able to respawn anywhere near, and by the time I built another ship, and got there - all stuff from my corpse and from all boxes was gone forever. 

All GOLD I'VE GOT so far was gone forever.

So... I just wanna repeat what I was saying before. Expensive ship - it good. It prevent ppl from ship flooding all spaces around, speed up servers etc. BUT. You, SOMEHOW, have to make things, so people WOULD NOT loos all they earned to some monster hidden underwater, and without any warning hitting them through the walls.

03 - Whales do ranged attack.

aQW6jC2.jpg

And yeah. This is not all my issues. Just before I arrived to goldens, I was sailing through the cold biomes, and suddenly my ship got several hit to planks 450+ each hit, and star to spinning around. Again - from nowhere, no reasons. I checked around and found that there was whale. He was far. He was out of my ballista's range. But he landed damage to my boat somehow from that far range...

It means I could loose all my gold simply because I didn't dodge a whale far enough. I pass like 300 meters from him and he hit me, and I somehow had to guess I need to dodge at least 400 meter right???

Edited by George Catcher

05 - Pleas check BattlEye master server IP

aQW6jC2.jpg

For last hour every 5-10 minutes I get this message and forced out of the game (I'm in the middle of whale hunting you know?)

ysYarht.jpg

06 - Game just crashed and don't load anymore.

I feel, that while time is passing, game goes more and more buggy, and bugs getting more serious.

66V53i1.jpg

OVWI4wU.jpeg

Edited by George Catcher

07 - Solo players should SUFFER, right?

aQW6jC2.jpg

So... I guess solo players playstyle looks this way.

1) - We build a Sloop and spend 2-3 days, earning 5K gold.

2) - We build a schooner, and start to travel around the world.

3) - We lost schooner to yet another game glitch, game crash, battle eye log out, invisible rock, ranged whale's attack, damned ship camping border, etc.

4) - Go back to pt. 1) above.

Repeat.

So... no high lvl game content. No Brigantine with sea's battles. No krakens etc. Just sloop, lvl-5 maps, building schooner, then sloop, lvl-5 maps, schooner, then sloop, lvl-5 maps, schooner, then sloop, lvl-5 maps, schooner, then sloop, lvl-5 maps... then sever wipe, star over, build base, sloop, lvl-5 maps, schooner, back to sloop... right?

You really wanna solo players play this pointless game with no results?

XR6JrnH.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

1. Wait, you could place a warehouse in your base to make lots of gold to drop a schooner ever 1-5 days (depending on your connected trade routes) and did not...?
You complain about people building all over it, although you choose Atlas Hard-Griefer Mode aka PVE...?

2. Somehow no one has a problem with loosing ships that way... might be we keep our eyes open for the real dangers aka PVP players and such thing as giant NPCs with aggro meter over their head are too obvious and easy to avoid... you pulled him after you when you left the islands... literally watch your back...!

3. The aggressive whales always did that... you might see them breaking water, you might see them breathing very far away, you will definitively see the aggro meter when dive and go for you... and as you know they are only in specific sectors... so you keep your eye out for it there...
Or are you also complaining about the icebergs 'showing up' out of nowhere? Or the SOTDs...?
Even PVE is not a petting zoo...

4. Who cares...?

7. It is not a Soloplayer thing... it is a You thing...

Wait, you could place a warehouse in your base to make lots of gold to drop a schooner ever 1-5 days (depending on your connected trade routes) and did not...?

I couldn't. There is some one else's warehouse. Yeah in my base.

Somehow no one has a problem with loosing ships that way...

A lot of players did loose their ships with different ways, apart from ingame activities.

The aggressive whales always did that...

I play since beginning and already killed like 100 of whales, more than 1000 of damned ship, and kinda know how to deal with all ingame dangers. All I'm telling is about situation when you cross the grid, game loads, and you find yourself stucked here:

wO2dHjA.jpg

...or you dodge whale, keep him out of your ballistas attack range (it's must be far enough) and suddenly your ship hit invisible wall and got sever damage, start to spin.

...or you have game crush in the middle of the fight or while approaching to the island. 

There are not many ways to really loose all your stuff for ingame activities. In fact. I didn't loose is all even ONCE by doing something wrong. But I lost more than 20 ships and more than 10 times lost all my stuff to game issues. Like corpse fall underground. Or like crossing while climbing a ladder, to find myself in the middle of the ocean, loosing oxygen while on water surface, then die with totally no corpse around. In the very past - climbing picks were killing people. Ships could eject players in to the ocean in the middle of fight with damned ships, etc.

Who cares...?

This is feedback thread and my goal to let DEVs know how players are doing, and what the do experience in their game, to help them make in better. So I do believe some of DEV team guys are reading this.

😄🤣 do not sea f...ck on the sloop, this is the result of a good update (cost of ships)

• Haha 1

this is the result of a good update (cost of ships)

I personally love this update. I do love the idea of better ship as a reward for your efforts. It's really cool feeling to earn first 5K and finally get rid of this tiny slow piece of trash, and go global full speed.

The problem here is - million ways... not to loose it, but million ways game will take it away from you, no matter how careful you are, and what you do. I actually was expecting this kind of game meanness. I'm just a shame that it happened so early, and I didn't have a chance to earn another 5K before it happened.

P.S. - Little update related to error above. Even after I respawn, I keep seeing this error message. I checked game files via steam menu and it said 66 files were corrupted and will be reuploaded. Only after that I was able to enter the game.

Edited by George Catcher

2 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I personally love this update. I do love the idea of better ship as a reward for your efforts. It's really cool feeling to earn first 5K and finally get rid of this tiny slow piece of trash, and go global full speed.

The problem here is - million ways... not to loose it, but million ways game will take it away from you, no matter how careful you are, and what you do. I actually was expecting this kind of game meanness. I'm just a shame that it happened so early, and I didn't have a chance to earn another 5K before it happened.

P.S. - Little update related to error above. Even after I respawn, I keep seeing this error message. I checked game files via steam menu and it said 66 files were corrupted and will be reuploaded. Only after that I was able to enter the game.

this improvement would work if there were ways to earn money, but except for the dripping of treasures unfortunately gold can not get and this is the whole problem

• Like 1

18 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I couldn't. There is some one else's warehouse. Yeah in my base.

I play since beginning and already killed like 100 of whales, more than 1000 of damned ship, and kinda know how to deal with all ingame dangers. All I'm telling is about situation when you cross the grid, game loads, and you find yourself stucked here:

So you build your soloplayer "town" right next to a existing Warehouse and then complain about it...?!?!

Or more likely that dude knows how to play - while you were LARPing around and found that spot where warehouse placement is possible, so he can build a schooner every other day while you lose your ships all the time to known game mechanics and game problems...
And then you complain about "that unbelievable act" while you choose to void your options to solve it yourself, by choosing PVE in a made for PVP only game...

pro tip...: go singleplayer -> cheat god...

So you build your soloplayer "town" right next to a existing Warehouse

I couldn't level my skills in time. He built one near my base. And I doubt he have some profit of it, because it sais - "connected farms: 0". He probably wont be able to build any farm nearby, because it's all overcrowded but any other players farms. But if I would place my warehouse here it would be the same state with 0 farms conected.

he can build a schooner every other day

But my point is - we not playing "Schooner constructor" right? And my point always was like that, even before we were able to build any ship we want. I don't wanna build a schooner every day. I wanna build one, and then sail global. I wanna build one Brig and do all quest, damned ships hunt etc. I know a lot of players actually came here to play this "happy farm" and "minecraft" playstyle. They are free to play the way they want.

You wanna build a schooner every day? Fine. 

I'm writing here experience of adventurer. Of guy who do global explorations, questing and fighting. So please do not try to prove here that I am wrong in something. This is my feedback thread and it mostly for devs.

And one more thing.

PVE in a made for PVP only game...

Devs never make a statement that this is PVP only game. So all information about that is just... how we call it in Russia "fortune-telling on coffee grounds".

Edited by George Catcher

08 - Guy just covered 15% of island with huge walls.

aQW6jC2.jpg

Today I saw something weird, I can't find a words for that. I mean... all come to my thought is about the greatest human stupidity, but the point is. I simply don't understand THAT.

I came for treasure to one island and I couldn't get to treasure spawn point because of this:

Dr8xnle.jpg

I run around for half an hour tried to get behind. The guy just captured like 15% of whole island!!!

OK4BIcQ.jpg

And I was wonder - why does he wanna that much of territory. Maybe he build like a huge city inside? Maybe he has like huge trading chain set up there? What is it inside of this walls? I got the way inside and...

Well...

It's nothing.

qTQ4zjI.jpg

The guy just took huge territory for himself with NO PURPOSE. There is couple of small buildings inside and that's it. And I don't understand what is it? Some kind of manic gigantism? Or some mega will spawn there some day? It's PVE and there is just no one to cover yourself from!!! It just caused some troubles for me to get inside for treasure and that's it. It's simply stupid to capture a territory which you won't use at all...

So. I'm thinking that some restrictions for players to do that would serve us all a good purpose.

• Thanks 1

09 - Map Issue.

aQW6jC2.jpg

Today patch brought map issue. I can see just a grid I point to by my mouse. All other grids are dark, and no island shown (just names if those are claimed).

DBGCFGg.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

10 - FIX BATTLEYE!!

Alright. I'm gonna be rude, but right now I'm angry. I'm MAD! This message to Grapeshot DEVs and I'm gonna spread it through forum.

Today I was trying to do masterworks treasure map (lvl-23.5). AND I WAS KICKED FROM THE GAME RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BATTLE WITH DAMNED WARRIORS LVL-95. With extreme caution measures I took, I was able to relog in, respawn at the bed in ship parked nearby, get my tame tiger back (put him at passive flee), and join the battle. AND THEN I WAS KICKED BY BATTLEYE AGAIN.

ysYarht.jpg

I know you all within your company really exited about traderoutes, new premade ships and all that kind of stuff, but seriously. FIX THIX ISSUE! Because now it's just BULLSHIT. I didn't have that many of crashes and disconnects in last 2 years, than I had just this season since traderoutes were introduced.

p.s. - While I was riding from my base at G8 to this treasure spawn place at A2 I also had 2 disconnects whit THIS:

usWHtAD.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

11 - Treasure spawn points on cliffs slope???

I just curious how DEVs wanna us to deal with this type of treasure spawns???

C9aQck7.jpg

- It's high on a cliff where we can not get with our tames.

- There is just no space for maneuvering and deal with them with ranged weapon somehow (grenades doesn't work on them anymore, all ranged deals so little damage so they will keep burry underground and restore health, only way to prevent that is to make them hit you). You can not tank them with your armor and hit with your weapon (I mean if we are talking about good quality map with 5 damned warriors lvl-65 and higher).

- Half of them will immediately fall down from the cliff.

- Some of them will get stuck on rock edges.

So... your turn devs. Can you tell me what are we suppose to do here? To Build 300+ pieces slopes for tames maybe? (co we garbage servers with our monstrous ladders). Surround their spawn with walls, so they wont fall down? I do know that their spawn spots are not random. So... if you put one here you have some thought of how players will deal with it?

Edited by George Catcher

12 - Glitching cargo cart.

RzqOMGl.jpg

You know the most common reasons or graphic glitches are - cargo cart with storage box on it, attached to horses or bears. When tame with harness is staying for a long time this harness itself start to do weird things. It's moving itself, falling through the floor, climbing trough the ceilings. It can be shown far from the shore with 2km long strappings, then it moves back when you close to it...

uI98yvX.jpg

(tame attached to this harness is inside).

And we can not deattach this cargo cart without destroying cargo box. So what I was thinking. What if we could? What if we could deatach this cart with cargo box, so it could stay on the ground/flor/deck until we need it again? And after we do - we could attach it to any tier-2 tame we want?

13 - Bring TAME ICON on the map.

RzqOMGl.jpg

Just because there are constantly game crashes and battleye kick outs, I force to go for adventures with my tiger on PASSIVE FLEE mode. So if I'll get kicked out in the middle of the battle, I won't loose my tiger. And It happened like 4-5 times already. But last time I was on the island with a lot of wild fauna and... after I got kicked out, and log in back, I spent MORE THAN 1.5 hours just running around the spot, searching where my tame escaped.

Found it really far from the place. And believe me - it's not that funny to run circles and non stop whistle like and idiot instead of doing treasure map I came to.

abYASwJ.jpg

Today I got in the game, departure from C7 north (to C5) for another treasure. I sail zig-zag due to counterwind issues and... when I came to another turn, I found that one of my guy for some reason got out from sail-station. And my Tiger is missing.

So.

For another hour I keep sailing the route searching the waters and can't find where my tame is.

KNREG6z.jpg

Instead of doing another treasure map I just sail forward and back with no purpose. If you think it's cool - well. It's not. If you think - taking away things from players for no reason is funny - well. It's not. If you think spending hours to deal with yet another game glitches is this what players wanna - well. Players DON'T.

So... you need to bring tame sign on the map (like ship sign). So we at least able to find in when it lost in seas. I often seeing floating tames in the middle of the ocean.

p.s. - Oh one more thing. I can not set my tame to Attack YOUR target mode again. I push the circle menu and nothing happen.

Edited by George Catcher

In addition to last message - the game works this way. Tames always travels OUTSIDE the boat. Usually floating somewhere behind the vessel, sometimes underwater. So it's just impossible to say - if it still with you, or fell out for real.

5MKnh5A.jpg

p.s. - My tiger was never found.

Edited by George Catcher

14 - Market gave me 255+

aQW6jC2.jpg

Yeap. I built a market in my base in case some day I will be able to put warehouse there. It didn't work due to warehouse missing, just stayed idle. After that my ping get to 255+ state and server simply became unplayable.

I asked in chat if any else have ping issues and players told this is smooth lawless server for them ever. Yesterday, before log out I demolished marked (and also silo I built for no reasons). Today I have smooth 60 ping.

15 - Trading feedback.

aQW6jC2.jpg

Alright, I finally was able to join the party and set my trading!!!

2Btf850.jpg

a) - To do so I had to wait until guy who built closest warehouse to me - drop the game and didn't show up for 20 days. Only then I was able to demolish his warehouse and built my. So... I mean, I hope that was your plan (and it's weird plan), so players only can experience some game features after another players drop the game for at least 20 days. If not - you screwed somewhere up.

What developer in the world would wanna players don't play his game???

b) - Even tho my windmill and warehouse have enough fuel, windmill always stops due to lack of storage space. It means windmill and warehouse don't synchronized at all.

c) - My windmill produces just a regular stuff. Some wood, thatches, fibers and stones. I also manually gather some metal (there is one spot with nodes in my island, but there are like 30-40 nodes there) and put metal to my warehouse. I set all 1x1 exchange - wood for different types of wood. Fiber for different type of fiber. Thatches for thatches. Stones for stones. Metal for metal. And that's it.

You wanna know what I found in my warehouse after I log in today?

- Tons of gems (ruby, opal, diamond).

- Tons of ingots (iridium and silver).

- Some eggs.

- 100 cannonballs.

I mean. I happy with that, but... DEVs you do know HOW UNCLEAR YOUR GAME IS? I mean WHY? Why did I get all this stuff? I didn't set it up for trading... who put it in to my warehouse? Can I pick it up, or I should leave it there so all stuff will continue travel to somewhere?

¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

d) - All logs trading related are AWFULL. I mean It looks like that:

- 15:00 your shipment #3897503475 was sent.

- 16:00 your shipment #9823429387987 completed.

And i've got like 90+ pages in just ONE DAY.

l1B0xtM.jpg

I mean who in the world will be able to navigate those numbers?

But the bad thing about all this stuff it not the way it made. The bad thing is... well. It gives me the opportunity not to leave the island. I mean, before that, I had to do some exploration, to gather some different resources. And it was some kind of sail age romance. You sail somewhere and then you back home with ship full of stuff. Now I only need to build three building and wait until I've got all I need. And most of all - now we actually need to do some trading work. Instead of sailing somewhere, experience sea battles, I stay in my island, and riding horse for metal, to put it in warehouse, to set yet another trading route.

You really sure you wanna PVE game became this like, so everyone will log in once a day, to just relaunch windmill and check what they've got in result of automated trading? 

I really hope you guys really do understand where you heading your game to. Right now I have more and more doubts I understand your vision.

But correct me if I wrong. We are not going to see seas adventures anymore right? No more pirates of Caribbean. No more sailing age romance? We're gonna see some kind of ARK, at the release, with bases, tames, more tames, tames with hats and happy farmers and trading tycoons around right?

You should at least not torture players, who waiting for THE GAME of sailing, piracy and adventures and make a clear statement of what you plan to turn your game in to.

p.s. - And yeah. I wish I was able to at least paint my windmill, warehouse and market.

Edited by George Catcher

Okay Grapes guys, I do understand you very busy to inventing even more cool features (which I won't ever use anyway, because I don't care about tames, tames hats, all trading stuff - I didn't came here to be a pirate age tycoon, etc.) But hear me out.

Maybe you stop inventing new stuff for a while and just a little bit work with old one? For example:

16) - Damned ship look.

The only thing solo PVE player encounter in seas is damned ship, but c'mon DEVs:

CdRHYQ8.jpg

I mean it looks like some alien crustaceans made some bones ship and then put disco rave dance party inside. It should look mystery and scary, but now - it looks funny. Maybe...

uF7PAe0.jpg

17 - How about that MINIMALISTIC INTERFACE you made?

w2K8gxH.jpg

It looks like a temporary version. I mean even small Russian company that made a Corsairs game ages ago worked a bit on HUD graphics with all chains, ropes, royal velvet, wooden and old sheet of paper style parts.

I... well have kinda poor photoshop skills but screen interface could be more... arty, more old fashion etc.

s15TMVg.jpg

It's a bit late in Russia right now, but I'll also will mention inventory and stats screen tomorrow...

Edited by George Catcher

Before continue as I promised, I just wanna remind - I have kinda poor photoshop skills. But anyway. I've tried my best.

18) - Inventory interface.

What is bad about inventory - TOTALY MISSPLACED ACCENTS! I mean we have small backpack, but huge opened crafting part (I just noticed I can hide crafting). Crafting window has ALL recipes together. Then we have smallest window with most important information, especially that tiny buffs parts where you should scroll it for all 50 buffs you've got... and then HUGE portrait, which no one cares about. We don't have that many armor types and cosmetic you know?

We also have some numbers that doesn't tell us a thing. I mean what does it mean I have 179 armor? How many absorb it provides me? How many do I need to face a yeti??? And this HYPOTHERMAL INSULATION - 353??? What is that? What does it tell me you know? It tells me that I have some sh*t for 353... 

We've got a funny in Russia:

Airplane is flying high in the skies. Suddenly captain scream his order:

- Navigator! Gauges!!!

Navigator calls back:

- Twenty!!!

Cap:

- What do you mean by twenty?

Nav:

- What do you mean by gauges?

tJwVUUC.jpg

I would change all that to something like that:

tw4fFC2.jpg

With back pack I already told what should be changed. All recipes must be sorted in folders like in smithy.

Central part is best for name, xp, level, portrait and clothes spots.

Right part - for numbers.

- Armor should show how many damage absorb I've got.

- All temperature stuff should show just what temperature I'm going to have "cold", "freeze", "hot" and "overheat" state.

- All bonuses I've got should be sorted by folders that I can open and close. Like all I've got from quests - in quests folder. All I've got in survival, like my swim speed, cold water resistance, harvesting boost, etc. - in Survival folder.

Also if the same bonuses can appear in different parts (like taming in quests and beastmastery, or some damage bonus might be at weapon skills and in the weapon and armor itself) I should be able to point my mouse to the stat and popup window shows how may I have in total.

And last thing. You might notice - temperature, grid name, time are gone, well... that's actually first line important information that should be with us all the time. It means: "Grid gauge" should be introduced.

It shows:

- Grid name and it's type (L) for lawless and (F) for freeport.

- Grid type by special sign, like tundra sign, polar sign etc.

- Weather sigh, like rain, fog, clear sky, tornado etc.

- Time of day.

- Temperature.

VjXdLDl.jpg

And yeah. C'mon DEV's I still do care about the game that much, so I spend a lot of time do all text (I'm not English speaker, so this is not that easy for me) and all this photoshop stuff. So please read this one at least one. Maybe you'll have inspiration of all this stuff and change at least something for good?

Edited by George Catcher

19) - Addition trading related features.

First - when some1 cancel trading with you, you CAN NOT hide this canceled route from trading menu in market. I asked guys in my server, and they told, that only chance to erase it - is to destroy a market and build another one.

And one more thing. It's been a bit more than a week since I set my trading. I already told about unexpected resources I've got. And now... well... my trading works well, I've got 6 ships doing business, and I've got plenty logs saying my "shipment" is complete and gold for that is received.

All is fine.

Except - I don't get a gold for that anymore.

I mean it sais that I've got a gold for shipment in logs, but last few days my warehouse didn't receive a single coin. So what did you say about trading? It's a way to earn gold right? Well after a week it doesn't generate gold anymore. So I guess I need to destroy market. Build another one. And create new routes, right?

And every week I need to destroy my market and build another one?

aQW6jC2.jpg

p.s. - My Christmas tree didn't produce a single gift.

Edited by George Catcher

...and one more update. After 3 days of NO GOLD income, suddenly gold started to appear in my warehouse again. So... I guess this trading stuff working hidden and unknown way, and only far depths of game code understand how it works : ))