Myrm

I Can't Hear/See non-Company Chat, but my Friend Can

Hi

I am playing Atlas on my Xbox.  My friend who is in the same company as I is playing on PC.

I don't seem to be able to see any chat in the in-game text chat box, other than those in my company.  However, my friend is able to see non-company chat.

Likewise with voice chat.  My company mate and I can chat on voice with no proplems, but when a non-company player uses voice chat I can't hear them.  I just see a yellow microphone symbol above their character indicating that they are speaking.  Again, my company mate can hear them.

At first I thought it might be because the non-company players just happened to be playing on PC, and perhaps I was unable to hear/see their chat as I am on Xbox.  But that can't be the issue as my company mate is on PC and I see/hear his chat with no issues.

Does anybody have any idea why I am having this issue?

Thank you. 🙂 

There is a button that you need to press, its like left bumper + something. Just search on the internet.

Your company mate sounds like they are in a xbob party.

13 hours ago, eeeceee said:

There is a button that you need to press, its like left bumper + something. Just search on the internet.

Your company mate sounds like they are in a xbob party.

No, I don't believe there is a button I need to press.  When I talk to my friend I do not need to press any buttons. If I need to call up the text chat box, then I press Left Bumper and the left most black button.  This calls up the text box and allows me to type.  However, when my company mate types in text chat my text chat box automatically opens.

My friend is playing on PC, he does not have an Xbox.