Commander_Peace

Ship Prices are outrageous

Prices for ships  

16 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion what should the prices of the ships be?

• I disagree with having gold in the cost of creating a ship
    • 1,000 gold for schooner; 5,000 gold for brig; 10,000 gold for a galleon
    • 5,000 gold for schooner; 25,000 gold for brig; 50,000 gold for galleon

I have played over 500 hours of Atlas

I understand the reason behind adding a gold price to make ships but at the same time the gold they are asking for does not match the value of the ship. 5,000 for schooner is crazy, 25,000 for a brig is insane and 50,000 for a galleon is a dream. The Drake token cost 50,000 I much rather fly around on a dragon then spend the gold on a wooden ship. It's just not equal in value. The grind to get the materials was enough for me before. I am okay with adding a gold price to ships but not this extreme. I feel like 1,000 gold for schooner 5,000 for brig and 10,000 for a galleon is still pretty expensive enough to make ships scarce but still makes the game playable.

When creating a game it is important to make the game challenging otherwise people will get bored of the game and move on but at the same time the game can not be a big enough burden to play otherwise the average person will not stick around, of course you will always have your extremist like me who have alot of time to play the game but at the same time at the end of the day it is just a video game, not a second job. Players should not have to spend 8 hours a day over a course of many days grinding gold just to get a ship big enough to sail around in.

• Like 1

Currently it is a little problematic with the gold...
Markets are making a fair amount even if it is only in grid (if they just not stop trading for unknown reason), but that only counts for the owner of the warehouse. They trade islands seem to not make anything to steal...
My fear is that the ships need to cost much more when trade fully works (over distance, raiding ships and trade islands).

Farming the other mats is a no issue at all anymore, what with farm houses doing it for you... sure some are puckled, others are not (so they farm more without work by the owner) and there is always the option to ally to the Puckle owner... hell if you do clear our farm houses and refuel them (for mutual benefit) your are a valuable person to have around...

Missing an option there imo, ill take 2500 for a schooner, 10k for a brig, 25k for a frigate, and 50k for a galley.

They really need to add a customizable ship thats sized between the brig and galley and used large planks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Commander_Peace said:

I have played over 500 hours of Atlas

I understand the reason behind adding a gold price to make ships

Can you tell everybody what is this reason?

I am okay with adding a gold price to ships but not this extreme.

Why?

I feel like 1,000 gold for schooner 5,000 for brig and 10,000 for a galleon is still pretty expensive enough to make ships scarce but still makes the game playable.

Why does it seem like your goal is to make ships scarce?

When creating a game it is important to make the game challenging otherwise people will get bored of the game and move on but at the same time the game can not be a big enough burden to play otherwise the average person will not stick around, of course you will always have your extremist like me who have alot of time to play the game but at the same time at the end of the day it is just a video game, not a second job.

Stfu and farm gold. 😛

Players should not have to spend 8 hours a day over a course of many days grinding gold just to get a ship big enough to sail around in.

Ok.

For me there would be 2-2-2 ships with small/medium/large planks:

• 1.: Raft, "Ramshackle Sloop" and original Sloop: free (the starting ship to travels small distances inside the grid)
  • 2. New: "Ramshackle" Schooner: 1000 gold (less hp, less weight, prefab planks + deck and with maximum 5-6 sailor/animal. No gunports. Its an exlporer ship to the next 1-2 grid, you can use treasure map hunting, or for small scale resource transport)
  • 3. Schooner: 3000 - 4000 gold, the original one, with full customization
  • 4. Brig: 8 000 - 10 000 gold: the original one with full customization
  • 5. NEW: 20 000 - 25 000 gold: as you wrote earlier, something "Frigate like" ship with large planks, bigger than Brig, but smaller than the gally (less gunports, less capacity, less weight and hp, etc.). Typical combat ship.
  • 6. Galleon: 40 000 - 50 000, the original one.

And one more thing: like in Elite Dangerous, probably we could use an "insurance" system. For example:

• 1. first, you have to build a prefab structure (like the bank, market, etc) for 500-1000 gold.
  • 2. Then you need keep this structure up with gold, maybe with 10 gold/day/ship ammount.
  • 3. Then you need to "connect" or "register" your ship to this structure (dunno, maybe maximum 2-3 ships / structure).
  • 4. Then, if you loose your ship (doesnt matter the cause), you will get a "rebuild token" from the prefab structure where you was connected with. Then you can go to your shipyard and you can (re)build a bare skeleton in the shipyard with the token, and ofcourse without spending gold. (ofc, you need register the ship again in this time)

With this, you can act more freely in the game without loosing everything in a second. Ofcourse, when someone destroys the insurance prefab structure with your ship connection, you need to find a new one, or without "contract" your ship will be gone forever, so you should defend it.

(Sorry for my english, but i hope you can understand) 🙂

• Like 1

you need to remove this stupid idea altogether, do not draw alternatives where you do not need to make them

• Like 2

Yeah, or, lets listen to PissedKOFred or whatever and farm 50k for a galleon for NO REASON.

Ok, let me reverse the situation and ask a question:

What you say, how realist is that before this season every single poor fellow pirate could build a Galleon within a day or two? Less with animals, more with bare hands? Schooner and Brig was a question of hours. None used a sloop, everyone started with a schooner.

Even now, in season 4, with a buggy, messy and not working trade system WITHIN A SAME GRID could you make a 50k income within a two week (i did 22k in 6 day with only 2 partners and literally i did not nothing, in every 5 mins i got 1-10 gold/trade/partner). If trade will go outside of the grid, the gold bonus will go higher, so more gold will come (x2, x3, etc), then you will get that ammount faster.

I dont mind, if the ships has "value", if you need work for it, even if its hard or long. We talking about Galleons, the biggest haulers of the seas, cmon, not a simple boat...

OR, lets convert the Atlas into an arcade game, or even "better" (/sarcasm), into a battle royale: everyone spawn with a ship and go, pewpew each other, then the last one wins. Resources? Taming? Golds? Bosses? No need, just free ship and cannonballs...

The required gold ammount for a ship need to be balanced, thats true, and the method of aquiring gold is also need to be changed. But remember, in these days not a single thing is working in the game, not even a sailing with these lags and rubberbanding. We talking about ideas, new methods, tests - and we are the labrats. Nothing is final.

1 hour ago, PiszkosFred said:

Ok, let me reverse the situation and ask a question:

What you say, how realist is that before this season every single poor fellow pirate

Very realist

could build a Galleon within a day or two? Less with animals, more with bare hands? Schooner and Brig was a question of hours. None used a sloop, everyone started with a schooner.

Do you think nobody used a raft also? If so, you need to ltp or just stop spamming on the forums.

Even now, in season 4, with a buggy, messy and not working trade system WITHIN A SAME GRID could you make a 50k income within a two week (i did 22k in 6 day with only 2 partners and literally i did not nothing, in every 5 mins i got 1-10 gold/trade/partner). If trade will go outside of the grid, the gold bonus will go higher, so more gold will come (x2, x3, etc), then you will get that ammount faster.

What? 2 weeks? If trade goes outside the grid it will go higher?? Oh ok, so its not so bad that you are just talking about something that is stupid because after 2 weeks you will have something and then maybe if trade goes outside your grid you get higher and faster. Those 2 weeks almost makes me forget that game is going to wiped in 4 weeks or something. Sounds fun.

I dont mind, if the ships has "value", if you need work for it, even if its hard or long.

Hope you don't mind if I have something hard and long.

We talking about Galleons, the biggest haulers of the seas, cmon, not a simple boat...

Simple you say?

OR, lets convert the Atlas into an arcade game

Are you trolling?

, or even "better" (/sarcasm), into a battle royale: everyone spawn with a ship and go, pewpew each other, then the last one wins. Resources? Taming? Golds? Bosses? No need, just free ship and cannonballs...

OK.

The required gold ammount for a ship need to be balanced, thats true

What makes you say it is required? Are you sick in the head?

and the method of aquiring gold is also need to be changed.

What is your plan?

But remember, in these days not a single thing is working in the game, not even a sailing with these lags and rubberbanding. We talking about ideas, new methods, tests - and we are the labrats. Nothing is final.

Thanks for the valuable post

Edited by eeeceee

7 hours ago, YourUncle said:

Definitely the second option, or maybe less. I just feel like 5k for a schooner is absurd.

Yeah they aren’t going to change it. They will probably be abandoning this pile pretty soon.

I thought the whole road map for atlas was to aim towards getting everybody out at sea fighting and exploring. Well adding gold for ships has done the complete opposite. It seems that the devs own sextant is completely broken now, cos they are no longer following their own map. What a waste of all the potential that Atlas used to have. More tames and turtle shaped ships indeed. ARK  DLC, YYAAWWWNN.