Sign in to follow this  
Sliver Shroud

loli aborigines Is there any reason to create normal character in this game?

I am new player in atlas (just bought it last week) but have experience in survival  and online hardcore pvp mmo games ( rust, heat, darkfall, mortal). So maybe my question a bit noob and naive.

What I found on PvP server there is a lot of black skinned midgets with little arms legs and heads, they are almost impossible to spot in grass and practicality invisible at night time, also their animation glitching while mounted so it's pretty impossible to shoot the rider without killing mount first. It gives superb advantage using this kind of characters versus regular (non baby midget sized) or even big one. So are there any drawbacks using those? Or this game all about Polynesian aborigines by design?

Also are there any advantage to use "normal" character (I mean non hobbit) but esthetics?

And idk if Devs reading forums, but if they do: will you do something regarding it or it is actually by design so by height and skin colour of character you meant difficulty level of the game ( like in South Park game)?

Edited by Sliver Shroud
  • Like 1

I agree 100% its a problem.

If making activities correlate to a charcters physical characteristics can't be achieved due to it being too code intensive then the characters physical size should be kept within tighter ranges.

Examples

If a player wants to create a character 3ft tall (to reduce the hit box) then the character shouldn't be able to reach the top shelf without a stepping stool or ladder, etc.

When they carry a 5 foot long carbine on their back it should take damage from It scraping along the ground, furthermore when walking backwards, over lumpy terrain, w it on their back they should frequently trip over it..

They either shouldn't be able to climb on an animal without a stepping aid OR it should take more time since they'll need to scurry up somehow. Another possibilty is that they need to use a specialized harness or even their grappling hook.

I've had NPCs that couldn't reach the swivel gun but somehow they managed to use it.

These are just a few examples.. I'll give one more, ever try pvping against a player wielding a shield bigger than his entire body? I tried, missed him and accidentally shot my own horse, killing it instantly 🤣

If it isn't or can't be addressed this forces any competitive player to adopt the Meta mentioned by @Sliver Shroud to play on equal terms.

Tighten the size range by atleast 50% if not just flat out standardizing it.

Its a valid point in PvP.

Edited by Ranger1k

the ONLY reasons to make a normal char is if you dont want to look like a freak and if you want to be able to see over shit

but somethin i will say i think they should do is pull a sea of thieves and make everyones hitbox the same no matter size so you can be fat or slim tall or short nothin changes  besides headshot hitbox think that should be moved along with height

Edited by human thee three

Short characters have specific advantages, stealth and camouflage.  They also have disadvantages dealing with ladders, wheels, manning guns, seeing over walls, etc..

Short characters have specific advantages, stealth and camouflage.  They also have disadvantages dealing with ladders, wheels, manning guns, seeing over walls, etc..

I disagree. I'm a "short character" and ladders or manning guns are not an issue. Even looking over walls as long as you're in 3rd pov.

• Like 1