Sign in to follow this  
eldeschene

Ship sunk with no damage

While sailing all of a sudden my ship started to say sinking due to damaged planks.  We weren't hit with anything and running around with a hammer we couldn't find any damaged planks.  On a schooner mind you so not many to check.  The boat sunk in 2.5 seconds.  any one else have any issues like this?.

Just running through a broad checklist, so please don't get offended... Ive had ships sunk before but i had damage floaters come up. Invisible rock bug. Long time ago.

Also I sometimes play with 2 accounts, on side by side TVs, ...ONE time one screen showed leaks everywhere and had me freaking out panicking... However my 2nd screen showed all recent damage repaired. Long story short the 2nd screen was correct, i just had to reboot the first account and it began displaying accurately.

So no damage floaters came up?

Your sure it wasn't over the crew capacity or over the weight limit?

If a ship sails long enough simple wear and tear will gradually damage the planks, if they go unrepaired eventually your boat will leak and sink.. Do you put a crew member on repair when you anchor? Plenty of repair supplies in resource chest?

Any other factors, for example, had you just crossed grids, were you in shallow water, whale territory, been through a cyclone recently, near an iceberg, near a control point etc?

Any chance a company member accidentally (or purposefully) deleted a plank? 

Also check your crew logs, they may have info.

Perhaps your view of the damaged plank was obscured by furniture or walls? You can take a second boat w a diving platform out to the wreck and potentially inspect it from the outside.

PvP server or PvE?

If your POSITIVE it was a bug, report it. They will not replace the ship but perhaps they can fix whatever caused it for the future. Provide as much relevent info as possible.

Good luck, sorry for the loss

Edited by Ranger1k

One more really bizarre thing. We have had people hide on the boat and log out in PVE. When you go to sail it, your over crewed and it starts to sink. Then you have to race against the clock to find them and move them off. Ship happens I guess. 

We've had birds sink ships before....but lasts longer than 2.5 seconds.  That short of a sink time sounds like a bug to me.  Was this right after a zone change?  Also the invisible rock theory is probably the best bet.  I would record the location this happened at and send a ticket in with loc info.  Devs can look at that area and possible fix it.  Maybe also get lucky and get your gold back for the ship.

• Like 1

A dolphin stuck between the bottom planks and deck nearly sank my galleon or brig, that was funny.

Positive it was a bug, well under the crew limit only one player on board no other company members, no damage markers, no water leaking symbols, boat sank in like 2.5 seconds. all of a sudden it said damage and sank,  we went down and checked the planks at the bottom of the ocean and they all still had like 3/4 of their health if not nearly full.

That's a new one to me.  I'd file a ticket with loc and time.  Devs would need to check the logs to see what happened. 

• Like 1

Where is that thread where a player submits a ticket and the response is "yeah fuk off lol?"

Check logs? That sounds like effort, so fuck that. Are you serious?