Sign in to follow this  
Aldo Linklon

Honestly...is this game worth it for the solo players/small groups?

Given the spatial limits on warehouses which were supposed to help make gold which would let us buy the expensive as hell ships to get onto the water and play which is what the devs supposedly wanted except they made it harder by making ships so expensive which requires more grinding and less gaming...

and island ownership of a limited number of islands...no explanation needed

Is this game worth playing if you aren't associated with a large company?

What else can you do for fun (not grinding for gold) with such high barriers to entry for the 'fun' parts of the game as a solo player/small group?

Edited by Aldo Linklon
  • Like 1

There is spatial limits on more than warehouses. Haha.

What else can you do for fun? Grinding isn't fun?

Valuable PVE player, I spent lots of time thinking about you, and my solution is that you are saying that you want to get a barrel in the face. Thanks for the noise

Edited by eeeceee

The way I see it, it's actually something to do.  Before I was just making brigs and galleons because I was bored.  At least now I can more appreciate the ships more having invested actual time and gold into obtaining them.

If you're solo\small groups chances are you're not going to be able to get an island anyhow.  IMO lawless is better because I don't answer to anyone on what I build or where as long as I am not starting a feud with the neighbors.  

• Like 1

Im playing solo and having fun

That being said, i did manage to get a warehouse. Sail around, ask out loud if anyone is taking settlers.

Or follow @McDangles advice. I'm on lawless also fyi.

Try and at least get a farmhouse down. Otherwise ya gotta go old school and use tames or hope to find a friendly neighbor.

Yes the time investment can be substantial, but like @McDangles said its kinda fun. Also I'm not completely solo, met some friendly neighbors.

Ill take this "grind* over "quest grind" like WoW for example."Take this widget to that location, etc..."

Best wishes

I agree. There have to be sthg changed about how farmhouses works now. If you dont get your hands on one early game, there is rly tiny possibility to ever get one. You can only wait when one decays, or hope that some of your allies will let you get one. Otherwise its getting to point of islands - only biggest and fastest one will have some, then it will be crazy drill to get one. And im not against it, but if game will be finished. With wipes from time to time you dont even have much time to getanything like that, especially if you're smaller tribe or solo player. But we will se what will be changed in upcoming update. Imho if they going to leave it as it is, they should adjust prices of ships too, so it will be doable in old fashioned way with tames, since not everybody can have farm.

No just don't bother if you aren't lucky enough to log on on a wipe day day you are effectively a third rate player and the devs couldn't give a fuck if you play or not.

4 hours ago, Garfi said:

No just don't bother if you aren't lucky enough to log on on a wipe day day you are effectively a third rate player and the devs couldn't give a fuck if you play or not.

The devs have stated they're working on solutions to make solo and casual more tenable.

Also, god forbid, a person has to join a company for a bit. Everything in the world has an ebb and a flow. Join a company for a bit, maybe stash some income off to the side if your dead set on solo. Eventually something will open up. I wouldn't be a decent player if i hadn't spent some time in a company getting some mentoring.

It's not the end of the world