Sign in to follow this  
Keins Thallow

Anyone know the estimated timeframe of development?

Its been 2 years now, and the devs are claiming they are still in the very early development stages still.  So is this gonna be a Star Citizen type thing, 10 years from now were gonna be waiting for a finished product still?  I'm not venting, but actually curious if anyone recalls a given time frame.

Considering they just wiped, and are planning to wipe again soon apparently, anything could happen. Any given time frame is not going to be accurate is my guess. Its a WIP 😄

Edited by eeeceee

well, they still need to cash grab a switch version and next gen consoles just gave them a reason to make minor updates and cash grab them...

for me the game was dead the third time they fired the entire staff. 

Genesis 2 (ARK) needs to be perfect, gonna need 1 year of finetuning. Then the holidays (2021/2022/2023), after those they prolly need more cash, so this game will be up for grabs in 2024. Don't forget they will bring up a new hype thingy around Christmas 2024 wich will be, as always and expected buggy af. That will get about 1 year of complaints and 3 teams of devs ofc.

Let's be carefull here, but my guess around 2026 when we ( the ones who bought this game believing all the things they sold us would happen, but likely NEVER gonna happen) tossed this game into oblivion.

• Like 1

Considering that they originally said the early development could last as much as 2 years, I think the 10 year estimate is a bit optimistic.

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:59 PM, MOTIK said:

well, they still need to cash grab a switch version and next gen consoles just gave them a reason to make minor updates and cash grab them...

Lol that you think they cash grabbed at $15 or less per copy. I'd be surprised if we even covered 6 months of overhead.

Cash grab? See star citizen at some $60+ per copy before the P2W kicks in on that 11 year alpha. They are over $300mill in revenue so far and counting.

Or how bout Baulders gate 3 at full price for EA?

No kid, we got a great deal and they got *some* money. How many hours of game play has your $15 got you so far? I'm willing to bet it's a lot of hours. 

For me it's easily one of the best values I've ever seen for an entertainment budget.

Thanks devs for keeping it real.