Ok, so even though I've spoken to players about the markets who have been able to get theirs working, I still can't get mine to work. I've followed some advice, to no avail. I'm putting in a link for a screenshot I took to show the placement. The foreground is the corner of the warehouse, and you can see the market in the shot too. My question is: Does it look like everything is close enough to the water/shore to work?  I'm certain the warehouse is no more than 30 meters from the shore. Help and advise to get things running would be appreciated.

Imgur Link: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Edited by UnderTaker905

Mine finally just started working tonight.

Rebuilt it for a 3rd time to clear all the info.

Asked in grid chat for a trading partner, 3 times, no response. 4th Time got a response but he was maxed out, he said at 6, mine said he was at 7/8. Either way we couldn't get a trade approved for 2 reasons..

1 He stated he got amessage saying his routes were maxed.

2 He didn't want to touch a thing anyway because his market was working perfectly and according to him yielding 5k a day.

A while later someone else shouted out for trade partners. I responded and we connected up. Trades are currently successfully completing yielding around 75 gold an hour plus random stuff (parrot egg, gunpowder, cannonballs, coal, etc). I made 6 trade requests but then deleted them all when connecting to him. Since its working successfully i plan to wait and see how things go before adjusting anything.

Random guesses... Maybe your the odd man out and need a trade slot to open in your grid?

Maybe its a crossplay issue?

Maybe something with the control points or a line of sight issue?

Mybe the devs are tweakiing something grid by grid or server by server?...

Your on PvE right?... Also last thing, he sent the quest and i accepted.

Dunno, hopefully my rambling helped in some way. Sorry didn't click link

Good luck dood

1 hour ago, UnderTaker905 said:

Yes, I'm  on PvE. How close are your market and warehouse to the water?

The Market is 11meters from the WH and definitely less than 30 meters from the water.

This final rebuild i moved it from the side of my warehouse to in front of it to make it even closer to the water AND prevent a section of base expansion from possibly obstructing the view.

Also after i posted i logged back in, i realized that actually i have 2 trade partners, all of my trade is being conducted w 1 partner though. To be completely honest were just sending cotton back and forth. Someone else advised us to BOTH trade wetwood and softwood, stating that 2 equivalent commodities will be rejected by the system. Third person chimed in and said no it won't. Dunno, kinda lame but we're sending cotton back and forth but its working great. Also i think now I've received 250 of every wood type as a reward. I'm assuming after they expand trading borders they'll nerf trading in the exact same commodities.

Our first trade, wetwood for softwood was successful also, but equally as pointless since we both have them in abundance. (other than for testing the trade system and generting revenue)

I figure its slow rolling out, the UI and coding still needs work and were producing interactions for load testing so thats what Im doing.

Once again hope my ramblings help.

Now if only i hadnt forgot Lion juveniles need tons of meat. 4 of 6 died,.... gaaaah

Edited by Ranger1k

UPDATE: I managed to get the setup working, even made a bit of gold yesterday....but today's a different story. I logged on to see there was 0 income during my time offline, and nothing happening now that I'm online. I guess some days the markets work, and somedays they don't.

i cant see any log in the market. although only 1 person accepted market and traded with me. but i cant send any deal to him. does that mean he has to send me trade offers too? or i have to set it private?

On 4/2/2021 at 5:06 AM, WaXxen said:

i cant see any log in the market. although only 1 person accepted market and traded with me. but i cant send any deal to him. does that mean he has to send me trade offers too? or i have to set it private?

you should read this post. It explains the trading very good. Any yes it is actually difficult to find good trading partners as lots of players are not active tradign anymore due to announced wipe.