Sign in to follow this  
Dosgimp

ONE Farmhouse per person, per company per island

Lets be honest,  Farmhouses were implemented for players who cannot spend the bulk of online time used for gathering,  but rather you can build a farmhouse so it will do the work for you, and it gathers at about a 3 person hand rate of each resource in its area.   This is great! I love it!  

All anyone should ever need is 1 per island.   I don't care if you are a massive company,  if that's the case then take your large player team and go harvest the old fashion way.. 

Limit players, 1 farmhouse, 1 market, 1 warehouse per island. per person/company   All of which cannot be built outside a smaller area allowing others to place the same

The spacing between each building is also to large, make it smaller, thus allowing more people the ability to establish a foot hold and move onto other aspects of the game.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree that there needs to be a limit of farmhouses for companies; it prevents land grabbing at an obscene rate and makes the market economy more balanced. Solo players will also need a cap as well. I will go to the extent that you are only allowed 1 farmhouse per grid, not island.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dosgimp said:

Limit players, 1 farmhouse, 1 market, 1 warehouse per island. per person/company   All of which cannot be built outside a smaller area allowing others to place the same

Dude you will still not be able to place one if you are late. People have alts, they got them to be able to claim island in s2. If a company is on an island, it could still spam the whole island with alt companies (if its worth is another question).
And even now other player move to positions to try to still place stuff. If you stay on the island you spawn on, you are out anyway.
Humans are greedy, the grab what they can.

20 hours ago, Kummba said:

Dude you will still not be able to place one if you are late. People have alts, they got them to be able to claim island in s2. If a company is on an island, it could still spam the whole island with alt companies (if its worth is another question).
And even now other player move to positions to try to still place stuff. If you stay on the island you spawn on, you are out anyway.
Humans are greedy, the grab what they can.

I think ppl will still complain about they don't get a fh even without the issue of alts or splitting their companies. just count how many companies are on your island now and the number of fh able to be built. not to count the temptation for receiving gold  by putting wh on every island. It probably end up with every island occupied by maybe 20-40 companies.

Every island I see now has max farmhouses yet mostly owned by 2-3 companies. It is crazy that one of the larger updates to the game, in order to get people out to sea, is limited to (seemingly) less than half the population. Warehouses are even worse. I can't use my market without a warehouse but a small to medium island can only hold 2-3 warehouses. Let me put stuff in my marketplace to sell and not rely on warehouses. Let anyone make a warehouse if they choose. Or scrap the entire system and allow players to open up NPC shops at freeports. Add a freeport to standard grids or every other grid. 

Game is great though, I do feel as if the devs and designers aren't playing the game and trying to become invested like the standard player. Costs of ships are too high for a small company who didn't get a farmhouse/warehouse down and maps and ship wrecks, while lucrative, are far too time consuming and dangerous without >= Brig or treasure bears (won't even start on breeding atm). 

PLEASE either remove the gold from ship building or allow EVERY player to participate in the global market. Do something that competes with the new trade system for those who cannot join due to no limits on structures. Something. I promise there are better options.

Every island I see now has max farmhouses yet mostly owned by 2-3 companies.

60% of my island covered by farm/warehouses of 2 companies. But things are even worse for me. I've got a warehouse built by some other player RIGHT INSIDE MY BASE:

EhS3Alu.jpg

But the point is:

- It doesn't connected to ANY FARM at all and it stays this way for a month.

- The company owns this one - actually owns another island half map away from my base (I've been there for treasure, their island called Asgard).

- There is a bed there and once a week some guy teleport here to renew decay timers. So they have a warehouse that serve no purpose for them (0 farms connected) half map away from their base, and they keep it for some reasons, preventing other players to build their own ones...

Edited by George Catcher

As far as I can see they are doing no different to what you are, they are just more intelligent. Your village serves no purpose other than to block other players from having a little space to build and satisfy your greed, and their structure does the same. You are probably going to now cry about how its your island and you were here first. Sorry don't care  in this game each player has the right to build what they can, where they can if you don't like it.......  

Edited by Garfi

Your village serves no purpose other than to block other players from having a little space to build 

It serves my company : )) And yeah - those buildings are not cosmetic, each one equipped by stuff like one building with couple of forge, another one with loom, tannery mortar and pestle etc.

You are probably going to now cry about how its your island and you were here first

I wasn't actually. And it's lawless so it's no one's island. And I do understand - ppl has right to build. And with this warehouse this was probably one available spot to build (although it doesn't do anything).

And that's what we trying to say here on forum.

Devs made things this way, so ppl HAVE TO build their only warehouse inside of someone's base, and then hope that some players around WILL DROP THE GAME and after 10 days farmhouse will decay, so they will finally be able to build one of their and connect it to warehouse (inside some one else's base). So...

I mean, really! If devs make things work for players only after another players DROP the game, it means devs made something terribly wrong lol : ))

Edited by George Catcher

These issues and so much more are just part of a atlas community that does not have a dev team that cares and does not have active admins. Sadly  I found the answer how to have fun and how to avoid most of these issues. Not because the game mechanics are differn't but because if you find a good private server they actually have communities that give a crap and are not greedy and want to see other players have fun plus with daily resets and mods that make the game fun again instead of feeling like a dumpster fire of a part time job. Leave official server til they give a crap sorry its that way.