Dosgimp

Treasure Bottles "Poof" like a fart in the wind

What is the deal?  I know for a fact this has to be happening to others, and I think it should be on the top 5 list of things to be addressed and quickly.    Now with the ships costing gold to produce, a change I very much agree with and applaud, as it makes your ship have more value.   

As all us players know, the best way to make gold is from treasure bottles, and to complete the treasure map inside.    Now back in the day at launch the treasure map system had its issue's with 90% of the time the location to dig up the treasure was always at some unreachable location at the top of a mountain etc. etc.    This has been addressed and for myself and the 100's upon 100's of treasure maps completed, i can say it still has issues but its nothing at all like before  *Applaud*

HOWEVER -  The issue at hand is - many many many of times, i will run up to a bottle go to collect it, and it will just vanish "poof" like a fart in the wind.  I have done alot of testing and spent many of hours trying to understand the bottle spawn system and rates.  

As you all know bottles will spawn from 22:00 - 3:00 every in game day.  The amount is random and each island has it own bottle spawn system, much like the mob spawner.   I have cleared the island each day and each night I will run laps for maps.  Next time i will video record for proof for the dev's.   During the night, I watch as the bottles appear from up top a cliff, I run down to nearly spawned bottles, go to collect them and each one after pushing "E" just disappears, for no reason.  And its frustrating to see a few 18.0+ just go poof.

We need the gold to get our ship,  we get gold by doing treasure maps, players cant do treasure maps, if we cannot collect them.

I know others are having this issue,  please voice your concern and your stories and lets hope for the best.   

• Like 3

Treasure maps are the best part of the game for me, I love doing them. All the time the bottle will just vanish after trying to pick it up! Sometimes I do a little dance for the bottle and read it a story... and maybe play it the accordion and stand close to it long enough to earn it's trust and it might let me pick it up....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This seems to be a new thing.  I haven't collected treasure maps in a long time but I don't remember this ever being an issue until recently.

While we're at it let's fix the shipwrecks that spawn halfway into a hill and you can't actually get into one.  Had a 16.5 quality one of those on Sunday.  Actually I found about 3-4 of them throughout the day.

Interestingly enough, I had two wrecks yesterday where the ship wreck wasn't even sitting on the sea floor....it was just there.....sitting in limbo. I was able to swim through it ofc, to get the treasure, but never have I seen a shipwreck just floating there, not touching the ground in any way.