Ali_knight

5000 Coins for schooner??!!!

Are devs actually planning to make Atlas a dead game? 

5000 for schooner? schooner is the simplest useful ship to start enjoying and experiencing the game. its not even that easy to build! you need to still put time for it.

if it was 5000 to buying a schooner all made, it was good. but paying 5k and then building it by ourselves? How does that even make sense?  we should farm 5k with sloop? one person even cant manage to carry that much of gold. Who even we are paying that gold to? its really ridiculous idea. its a pirate game. C'mon devs do something about it! you guys cant see the game is already losing players...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

How to destroy your game the first step is not to listen to the community
They have not even thought about small groups

• Like 4

5k isnt that much to acquire, its approx 15-16 gray 250-300gold maps,  easily doable solo with a bear.   You starting island establish a foot hold,  build your sloop,  acquire a bear, grab some maps,  and head out,   First thing,  Grappling hook a few flotsoms for 20-30gold head to a freeport grab 2 crew for sails and sweeper.  Spend the next day or so doing a few maps,  The sloop will have no issues holding 5k gold weight.    

Its not like your going to be putting any cannons on a sloop so I would assume you are putting all levels into addition weight. 

Im guessing the thought process behind the gold for boat decision was - Get a good understanding of sailing in a sloop for the new players before upgrading to a schooner. etc. etc. 

baby steps.

I'm playing solo PvE this season, this is how i went about things..

By lvl 5 i was able to leave the cold freeport on a ramshackle w 2 campfires to keep me warm and a bed.

Found a lawless spot, removed the sail and steering wheel from the ramshackle and placed a smithy. I then immediately placed farmhouses and a warehouse THEN built a base and finally a shipyard, loom, tannery etc.

Built a sloop w a diving attachment, gathered gold, acquired crew and proceeded to put 20+ levels into weight. Around level 15 i was able to convert it to a whaling sloop. If the wind died i parked someplace safe since it still bottoms out at ~5 knots in bad wind conditions. I'm VERY experienced whaling and also didn't experience any tragic events so things worked out fine.

This isn't the only path, its probably not the most efficient path but it worked and i had fun. I'm now mapping and sitting around 20k w a schooner.

Also a reminder or *disclaimer*... This was on PvE. PvP would require a more complex approach or a team effort probably

Last thing I'm not advocating for or against ship costs, just trying to provide some tips

Good luck

5 hours ago, Dosgimp said:

5k isnt that much to acquire, its approx 15-16 gray 250-300gold maps,  easily doable solo with a bear.   You starting island establish a foot hold,  build your sloop,  acquire a bear, grab some maps,  and head out,   First thing,  Grappling hook a few flotsoms for 20-30gold head to a freeport grab 2 crew for sails and sweeper.  Spend the next day or so doing a few maps,  The sloop will have no issues holding 5k gold weight.    

Its not like your going to be putting any cannons on a sloop so I would assume you are putting all levels into addition weight. 

Im guessing the thought process behind the gold for boat decision was - Get a good understanding of sailing in a sloop for the new players before upgrading to a schooner. etc. etc. 

baby steps.

Yes it is so hard to accuire. it depends on which server you gonna play. and how much time you are going to spend for a weak ship that is can get destroyed even in shipyard and not fully released. who really want to stay on a little sloop in a pirate game really? at what cost? all of new and solo players are leaving and you can see them leaving because this update was a complete mistake and there is no absolute point behind it. it is possible to do these "baby steps" yes. but there gonna spend so much time that really not worth for a schooner because it can get destroyed when you are offline or when its still in shipyard and not completed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

I'm playing solo PvE this season, this is how i went about things..

By lvl 5 i was able to leave the cold freeport on a ramshackle w 2 campfires to keep me warm and a bed.

Found a lawless spot, removed the sail and steering wheel from the ramshackle and placed a smithy. I then immediately placed farmhouses and a warehouse THEN built a base and finally a shipyard, loom, tannery etc.

Built a sloop w a diving attachment, gathered gold, acquired crew and proceeded to put 20+ levels into weight. Around level 15 i was able to convert it to a whaling sloop. If the wind died i parked someplace safe since it still bottoms out at ~5 knots in bad wind conditions. I'm VERY experienced whaling and also didn't experience any tragic events so things worked out fine.

This isn't the only path, its probably not the most efficient path but it worked and i had fun. I'm now mapping and sitting around 20k w a schooner.

Also a reminder or *disclaimer*... This was on PvE. PvP would require a more complex approach or a team effort probably

Last thing I'm not advocating for or against ship costs, just trying to provide some tips

Good luck

Thank you for the tips they surely help. but the matter here is the time you are gonna spend for a ship that doesn't worth it. its maybe come good in PVE servers because there is no matter of offline raid or sth. but in PVP, everything changes...

• Like 1

Sad part is the schooner still gets damaged and sinks the same. If we are going to need to pay that kind of gold just to build the thing. It should be able to be a stronger ship and can take a better beating

• Like 3

this game is already dead its have less than 2k player its actually dead the game need a good rework on tribe system for strong tribe and weak tribe to make sense and another problem is ship coins its horrible i think the developers doesn't care about game

Edited by Rusher
  • Like 3

Honestly it took me probably 14 hours whaling on NA PvP to get my 5000 gold for a schooner, while that is a long time it also means that my schooner as a solo player is immensely more valuable compared to my schooner before. I have a level 42 schooner with 150% dmg cannons currently so by no means is it impossible to scale up in this game as a small company but it does take quite a bit of work to start this game considering 14 hours to start doing anything meaningful not to mention the probably 6hours getting a few levels and supplies to make your sloop.

Also I'm pretty sure they are going to make earning gold easier in the future which may help alleviate this pain the small companies have currently cause remember this game has died a few deaths and I think they canned the dev team and brought in a new one that is completely revamping the game cause it still is in EARLY ACCESS.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

Try and find a company maybe?... Solo in PvP is a rough gig.

Try to play PVP maybe? ... Devs also

@eeeceee Are you telling me to try PvP? Or OP?

Sidenote i have played PvP in this game for a substantial period of time...

Are you actually making a significant point or just a snide remark? Can you actually formulate a coherent topic of discussion when you choose to address me or quote me, instead of spamming 5 word antagonistic questions?

Please?

Thanks

Goodbye

Edited by Ranger1k

If you had a clue, you would know my point. Even if you didn't have a clue, you should still see the point. PVP is just PVE without the PVE.

Your comment "maybe you should try getting a company .... pvp is rough" in reply to someone making a point about the game (which you appear to lack any knowledge on) shows that you like to make excuses, due to your lack of knowledge.

edit: That someone was making a point about game balance in PVP, and yet you are playing PVE, which is just the PVP without the PVP, so what do you do? You suggest hey get a company. Then tomorrow you will go back to talking about your PVE experience again in some other post. To me, I only just need to realise that PVE is PVP without the PVP, and I would try to think about game balance/OP complaining that they can't play solo without needing a company that carries them. It is maybe still possible to play solo, but its become less fun due to game balance.

Edited by eeeceee

On 11/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, Ali_knight said:

Are devs actually planning to make Atlas a dead game? 

5000 for schooner? schooner is the simplest useful ship to start enjoying and experiencing the game. its not even that easy to build! you need to still put time for it.

if it was 5000 to buying a schooner all made, it was good. but paying 5k and then building it by ourselves? How does that even make sense?  we should farm 5k with sloop? one person even cant manage to carry that much of gold. Who even we are paying that gold to? its really ridiculous idea. its a pirate game. C'mon devs do something about it! you guys cant see the game is already losing players...

if you look at the game it dead i have play 2500 hours on the game the was 5 of use Against big tribe it was fun but 

now 5000 to buy schooner it a joke the big tribe all they do is sit in the gold areas the only one to carry on are the big tribes

4 hours ago, eeeceee said:

If you had a clue, you would know my point. Even if you didn't have a clue, you should still see the point. PVP is just PVE without the PVE.

Let me get this straight, you say that I DON'T have a clue yet you then go on to describe PvP as lacking PvE? Of course PvP still has Players verus Environment. Lions, tigers, bears, snakes etc all the fauna still exists theres just different rules regarding player engagement. This is possibly the dumbest thing said on this forum. Like ever. Like EVER, ever..ever

4 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Your comment "maybe you should try getting a company .... pvp is rough" in reply to someone making a point about the game (which you appear to lack any knowledge on) shows that you like to make excuses, due to your lack of knowledge.

Actually i suggested he consider joining an existing company. I would take it a step further and say that you intentionally reworded the statement in a futile attempt to "win" an argument. Furthermore anyone whos familiar with my posts knows i have knowledge regarding the game on both PvP AND PvE. Anybody whos familiar with your posts knows that

A. Your a troll

B. You claim to have uninstalled this game long ago

On 11/24/2020 at 7:42 PM, Ranger1k said:

Try and find a company maybe?... Solo in PvP is a rough gig.

THAT was my response when I realized OP was definitely referring to PvP. I even put a *disclaimer* in the first post that my "tips" may not work or require adjusting for PvP. I played PvP for about 90% of the 4th season half the time in a company and half solo. I didn't enjoy playing as a solo-pvp-settler because of all the additional defensive structures I'd have to build and maintain to have a CHANCE of defending against being offline raided. Also this was BEFORE the schooner cost 5k. Therefore i took a break the last few weeks, played something else, and came back this season on PvE to check out the new mechanics.

Regarding the rest of your nonsensical, blathering drivel and intentionally twisted qoutes I'll just do what i normally do w your nonsense, ill ignore it.

Eeeceee you ARE the reason for the advice not to play checkers w a pigeon... It goes like this...

Person 1 "Ya know why you should NEVER play checkers w a pigeon?"

Person 2 "Why?"

Person 1 "Because no matter what move you make, the pigeon will just step on the board, shit all over it and then strut around like it won"

Buh bye E

To OP, @Ali_knight, i tried messaging a friend who owns a PvP island to see if he would accept a random solo settler or a recruit that I've never played with and he never got back to me. He asked me to join his company on PvP, i declined, so i dunno if he's grumpy w me, adverse to accepting randoms or just missed my message. Many companies (not all though) in PvP don't accept randoms, only recruits that a member is clearly willing to vouche for. I've never played w ya so i can't vouche for ya, sorry. I DO appreciate your thanks and i SYMPATHIZE with your complaints regarding startup costs.

I have some posts in Announcements that states every player should begin the game w a free schooner, then possibly pay 5k if it needs to be replaced. If you agree w the idea or have something to add then bumping it, liking it and/ or quoting it may get the devs attention. If you don't like the idea thats ok also.

Also one of the Devs most recent Q & A posts (in Announcements also) states that they relize the games current mechanics are driving away solos, small companies and casual players and that they're looking into solutions. Time will tell.

Have a nice day everyone. Time for some turkey and playin Atlas now that I'm done playing checkers w EEECEEE.

Edited by Ranger1k
Typos
  • Haha 1

Let me get this straight, you say that I DON'T have a clue yet you then go on to describe PvP as lacking PvE? Of course PvP still has Players verus Environment. Lions, tigers, bears, snakes etc all the fauna still exists theres just different rules regarding player engagement. This is possibly the dumbest thing said on this forum. Like ever. Like EVER, ever..ever

Yes, you have no clue. PVE is PVP without the PVP.

I didn't say PVP lacks PVE.

You are just too braindead unfortunately to read I guess, or know how to play a game.

Actually i suggested he consider joining an existing company. I would take it a step further and say that you intentionally reworded the statement in a futile attempt to "win" an argument. Furthermore anyone whos familiar with my posts knows i have knowledge regarding the game on both PvP AND PvE. Anybody whos familiar with your posts knows that

A. Your a troll

B. You claim to have uninstalled this game long ago

THAT was my response when I realized OP was definitely referring to PvP. I even put a *disclaimer* in the first post that my "tips" may not work or require adjusting for PvP. I played PvP for about 90% of the 4th season half the time in a company and half solo. I didn't enjoy playing as a solo-pvp-settler because of all the additional defensive structures I'd have to build and maintain to have a CHANCE of defending against being offline raided. Also this was BEFORE the schooner cost 5k. Therefore i took a break the last few weeks, played something else, and came back this season on PvE to check out the new mechanics.

Regarding the rest of your nonsensical, blathering drivel and intentionally twisted qoutes I'll just do what i normally do w your nonsense, ill ignore it.

Eeeceee you ARE the reason for the advice not to play checkers w a pigeon... It goes like this...

Person 1 "Ya know why you should NEVER play checkers w a pigeon?"

Person 2 "Why?"

Person 1 "Because no matter what move you make, the pigeon will just step on the board, shit all over it and then strut around like it won"

Buh bye E

To OP, @Ali_knight, i tried messaging a friend who owns a PvP island to see if he would accept a random solo settler or a recruit that I've never played with and he never got back to me. He asked me to join his company on PvP, i declined, so i dunno if he's grumpy w me, adverse to accepting randoms or just missed my message. Many companies (not all though) in PvP don't accept randoms, only recruits that a member is clearly willing to vouche for. I've never played w ya so i can't vouche for ya, sorry. I DO appreciate your thanks and i SYMPATHIZE with your complaints regarding startup costs.

I have some posts in Announcements that states every player should begin the game w a free schooner, then possibly pay 5k if it needs to be replaced. If you agree w the idea or have something to add then bumping it, liking it and/ or quoting it may get the devs attention. If you don't like the idea thats ok also.

Also one of the Devs most recent Q & A posts (in Announcements also) states that they relize the games current mechanics are driving away solos, small companies and casual players and that they're looking into solutions. Time will tell.

Have a nice day everyone. Time for some turkey and playin Atlas now that I'm done playing checkers w EEECEEE.

Whatever, cbf reading this spam, except I did skim over the part about "intentional rewording" lol. Where was that?

19 hours ago, eeeceee said:

...?

I'm not playing checkers w ya anymore E

Bye