PitMonk

New 3x3 Grid Server - Need Advice Please

Hi everyone,
This is going to be a lengthy post, but if you know how the maps are built correctly, PLEASE read on.

When the game first released two years ago, we had a 3x3 running for my discord community to use. Everything was fine until after everyone had put in over 200 hrs only to find we were missing vital islands for all the power stones and/or resources. This naturally killed the game for us dead in its tracks.

A few months later, we decided to run a Blackwood map instead, again finding some weeks later that we didn't have a Kraken and some other features didn't work. So we all dropped the game.

A year has passed and we would like to start again with December 2020's main wipe and feature update and want to setup our 3x3 grid again, but we are fearful that we will end up wasting all our time again.

I'm not a noob (least I don't think so) I understand the naming of the islands, the differences between the grid templates, how to plot a route for a trade ship or ghost ship and how to host the servers. What I can't seem to find is any reliable/complete information on how to check for:

1, That I have all 8 Powerstones (have assumed having 8x   **_**_PVE   islands is enough?)
2, That we have a Kraken spawn location
3, Confirmation as to where the Whales and Mermaid spawns
4, How to be sure we have the newer features such as SeaPorts
5, We have enough islands so that we have access to all the in game resources needed.

My starting point will be this:

1, I plan to start with the 4x4 template supplied in the Server Grid Editor.
2, Then reduce this to be a 3x3, then clear the middle grid of everything (for the Kraken location)
3, Check all the existing islands and add any missing **_**_PVE islands so that we have x8
4, Set grid templates so that we have a good mixture of hot and cold zones
5, Setup a route for the ghost ship and merchants routes.

After this is, I get stuck, what should I do next to make sure we have all the other features we will need ?
I've seen many videos/tutorials (mostly 2 year old) adding lines of code.... and there is very little in the way of website tutorials either.

If anyone knows of some useful links or has any advice to pass on, I would be eternally grateful.
Have the @Dev released any detailed info on setting up a private server to cover my concerns?
Is the Blackwood map updated to contain new features since it was released?

We want to enjoy the game as a 20+ player community, but all nervous of wasting our time again.

Sorry for the long read, many thanks. PitMonk

Hi @PitMonk. My program will help keep your server updated and running, among other things, but will not help with map creation at all.  There is an active group on Discord: Atlas Server Owner Support.  .gg/CSZavry  (I don't know if posting links is prohibited here).

• Like 1

Cheers Phoenix, I've been testing out your program, very good thanks.

I'm testing the game using the Blackwood map right now, but still need to clear up my concerns with map design before building a 3x3. Why is this info so darn hard to find...

@Dev - PLEASE may we have some help - I have 20+ people who want to play this game but none of them want to waste their time if the map will be missing vital mechanics.