Sign in to follow this  
kill kill

schooner

Ok i think schooner should be free give people a chance

If you thank so let get to together and see if we can do something about

Edited by kill kill
  • Like 2

Ok that would be because there is no reason a schooner shouldn't be free.

A galleon should be free. This game should also be free from stupidity. What do you mean exactly when you say get together and see if we can do something about? Have you seen the posts on this forum about people wanting to buy the game because doing something about anything in this game appears to be too much effort?

It people like you that sit back and do nothing you got 721 posts and that all you got to say

at least some people what to try 

• Like 2

yes you said a lot more than me but nothing help full 

have you seen that got 6 posts now i will be up to soon

but i what to help people 

Edited by kill kill
  • Like 2

Actually i would prefer it if the schooner was the lowest tier ship. May have to buff the other ships if this was implemented.

Get rid of rafts, ramshackles and sloops.

Maybe keep the dinghy around as a galleon accessory only. They were kept on the larger vessels, historically i believe, for making approaches along shallow coastlines and for emergencies.

Also i see no reason why a player shouldn't be issued a single schooner upon beginning the game at level 1. Bare bones, no cannons or ballista, just a larder, resource chest, bookcase, storage cabinet, 1 bed and gunports. If this was standard procedure i believe there would be A TON less fuss about 25k brigs and 50k galleons.

If the schooner ya started with gets sunk, THEN, 5k to replace it. I know this is a "survival game" but it doesn't mean everyone should start with nothin but yer skivvies.. Begin w a simple backstory, Mammy or Pappy are gone for some reason (disease, killed in battle etc) but luckily youve got the family boat and your 2 faithful friends who don't even consider mutiney for the first week (actual week, not game week).

Bam!! Stock up some food and repair mats and get sailing.

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

Any reason why? Or do we have to pay you?

Get rid of rafts, ramshackles and sloops? A ramshackle is a sloop. Ramshackle sloop was made to help people get out of freeport, they are cheap and are crap, but nobody that i played with has ever said yeh get rid of them for no reason. What are you basing your preference on? I have built many ramshackle sloops to get the foy or to help someone with a powerstone, and never had a problem with them. My enemies also never had a problem. Rafts are no problems either. Rafts and sloops can be fun.

If you gave me a free schooner, i would create a character, merge it in to my company, and then repeat. Save 5k and avoid stupid gimmicks.

Why do you think i talk a load of well you err "no". I can see english is not your first language, so I am trying to understand what you type there. But surely, you can understand when I ask what are you talking about, and do you have any explanation or are you just talking shit?

Your OP says schooners should be free, and I agreed with you. I actually even went further and said that all ships including galleon should be free, because there is no reason why not. You then replied with a post that attacked me, which was quite weird, telling me that i'm not trying. Then, you have now replied with another post that shows that maybe you are the one still not trying, saying that i talk a load of well you "no" even though, as I've tried to explain, I agreed with you. Funny.

Also funny how another person who seems to lack a grasp of english liked your post, seems to be a sad attempt to avoid the context of the thread while just latching on to anything that appears to be negative about me. Or you know, english?

will guys you can buy this game for £3.50 now so that tells you this game dead it saw a good game R.I.P ATLAS 

On 11/25/2020 at 8:46 AM, Ranger1k said:

If the schooner ya started with gets sunk, THEN, 5k to replace it.

Why even 5k then? I think this new cost is about nothing but server performance and those that build too many ships. I'm sure there are many better ways for those issues.

I find it not only game breaking but game ending. I was a heavy player since Atlas started, now I log on every 3 days to feed beasts. My interest is gone.

5K for a ship I don't want after using brigs all this time and 25K for a brig. I loved this game... but not that much. Not enough to farm gold at that level. For a ship that could be lost just crossing a grid line at the wrong point. I'm only still feeding while I wait to see if these new gold costs are reverted.

I sympathize with your position and its unfortunate to hear its game breaking for ya.

I'm playing PvE and personally think having SOME amount of price attached to ship construction to be a reasonable proposition.

Reduce spam

Encourage economic development

Encourage teamwork in companys

Probably a few more reasons i cant think of at the moment.

Hopefully something else the devs implement will reignite the enthusiasm. 

Best wishes

Edited by Ranger1k

1 hour ago, Ranger1k said:

I sympathize with your position and its unfortunate to hear its game breaking for ya.

I'm playing PvE and personally think having SOME amount of price attached to ship construction to be a reasonable proposition.

Reduce spam

Encourage economic development

Encourage teamwork in companys

Probably a few more reasons i cant think of at the moment.

Hopefully something else the devs implement will reignite the enthusiasm. 

Best wishes

are you paying for your dinner at home to yourself as well or ask your kids/husband/wife to pay in case they didn't participate in prepping it ? Or do you contribute to a pot whenever you take the car to get groceries ?

it's the worst idea ever to make players pay for something they got accomplished on their own behalf like farming reources errecting the shipyeard and building the parts. even for the raft or the sloop obtainable from the shipdealer you don't have to bring any gold. but in that case i can totally see that you might have to pay him.

and how would it encourage the economics ? do you really think that someone would buy your wood you put on the market when whoever needs the gold for their own ship(s). huge companies will laugh at your petty attempt to make some gold from the market.

And it's the most pitiful measurement buy the devs to limit ship spamming by simply adding a ludicrous amount of gold to building ships. that goes along with how clueless they actually are about what direction the game should go, like harnessing lightnings, prefab ships and more D&D fantasy elements.

If they don't remove this crap and finally start to listen to what the test players want who signed up for a 'Pirate' game rather than a gold-grinding merchant simulator Atlas will share the destiny Dark & Light experienced.

I disagree its the worst idea ever, sorry @Ucan_Kizmiaz

Ill discuss it more at a later time, if ya want, but i just flipped into forums between tame feedings.

Ttyl

7 hours ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

are you paying for your dinner at home to yourself as well or ask your kids/husband/wife to pay in case they didn't participate in prepping it ? Or do you contribute to a pot whenever you take the car to get groceries ?

it's the worst idea ever to make players pay for something they got accomplished on their own behalf like farming reources errecting the shipyeard and building the parts. even for the raft or the sloop obtainable from the shipdealer you don't have to bring any gold. but in that case i can totally see that you might have to pay him.

and how would it encourage the economics ? do you really think that someone would buy your wood you put on the market when whoever needs the gold for their own ship(s). huge companies will laugh at your petty attempt to make some gold from the market.

And it's the most pitiful measurement buy the devs to limit ship spamming by simply adding a ludicrous amount of gold to building ships. that goes along with how clueless they actually are about what direction the game should go, like harnessing lightnings, prefab ships and more D&D fantasy elements.

If they don't remove this crap and finally start to listen to what the test players want who signed up for a 'Pirate' game rather than a gold-grinding merchant simulator Atlas will share the destiny Dark & Light experienced.

First, I apologize for being blunt..

The anologies in the first paragraph are wrong.

A. Did you raise the cow, butcher it, wrap it and then determine a fair market price? No. You bought it. Did you cook it on a campfire you built or a stove someone else built and you bought?

B. Ive had girlfriends "reward" me a great deal for a delicious home cooked meal, if you know what i mean lol..? Another example,.. ever just bring your spouse a present ie flowers, jewelry or her favorite snack just  because?..

C. Ever made a deal after dinner?.. "Ok I cooked so you do the dishes, Sally help your mom and Timmy you take out the trash"..."What do you mean NO Timmy?..Ok no allowance and your grounded"...

Etc etc etc. If time equals money then money equals time...

More importantly though ,i say its irrelevant, because the topic at hand is video game mechanics, not social customs. Your comparing apples to oranges.

So regarding the specific mechanic in this thread.. Gold as a ship material

You are not required to build a shipyard AT ALL OR gather the materials OR pay the gold. For example i built a shipyard but guess what, I'm not going to use it because my friend has a much better one. Same thing in companies maybe you built the shipyard but i built the base and a farm. Also Billly tamed some bears, Jimmy killed the snakes, Wendy crafted some armor, Larry was placing the farmhouses while Sam was hauling resources. Theoretically you can pillage and plunder without EVER having gathered a single coin... The whole time this was going on Billy bob and I were treasure diving. Then some of us slap out some sloops take our company bears and go mapping. You built a whaling sloop. The company then makes decisions, do we pool our resources? Everyone for themselves? Little of both maybe since Larry plays 14 hours a day but Billy is back playing Ark?... THAT is why many people I've been playing with this season actually like this barrier... Because the people who produce value for those around them and act as team players wind up getting a piece of the pie and those who only act in words but not deeds wind up either

A Getting their act together and producing value

or

B Standing in a more appropriate place in line

I'm confident that the devs struggled with this decision before implementing it, but they probably realized, that the fact is owning a premium ship isn't for everyone.

Thats also where it begins to create an economy, both in gold AND in barter.

We'll use me as an example. 1 person sold me 2 bears and a lion for 1250 we haggled a bit but things went ok. Later bought 2 more in a trade. Couple days later i helped 2 neighbors, they GAVE me a premium bear and we put all our maps in  a pile and pulled in ~30k.

I already owned 2 schooners and had 17k stockpiled premapping. Post mapping i was over 30k from whaling, market and mapping. My neighbors very nice. Really, really, REALLY wants a gally. Me, I'm not sure if i want a brig or a gally, schooners suit me fine. He still needed ~10k for his gally and i offered it to him. He declined. Did 2 more maps, i got prints let him keep my share ~2k. He made it and got his galleon. As he breeds bears hes going to let me imprint some for myself now... Economy of barter

So now im second guessing, maybe i will upgrade to a Brig.... Well Im solo I don't need 2 schooners AND a Brig. So what do i do w the extra schooner?... I could sell it, i mean shoot i paid 5k for it. Should be able to get 3k. Maybe more..... Maybe less... Either way it enhances the gold economy. Come to think of it maybe I'll ask @Gomez Addams if he wants it to augment his "bearcraft carrier" 🤣 lol

Pretty soon ya might be abe to pick up a used brig for 5 or 10k

Maybe they're listening to what you want and doing their best for everyone involved. Furthermore if the devs are attempting to reduce spam then Im behind them 100%. Spam is ugly and exasperates lag issues.

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Haha 1

The trouble with the anti spam argument by paying for ships, is the fact that it's the large companies who constantly ship and shipyard spam everywhere. And they don't care as much about paying for ships anyway. Strangely it fit's perfectly into 2020, doing something without any logical reason what so ever and not caring who you aggravate. The devs should go into politics, while there is still a demand for people who think like they do.

9 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

The trouble with the anti spam argument by paying for ships, is the fact that it's the large companies who constantly ship and shipyard spam everywhere. And they don't care as much about paying for ships anyway. Strangely it fit's perfectly into 2020, doing something without any logical reason what so ever and not caring who you aggravate. The devs should go into politics, while there is still a demand for people who think like they do.

Ok lets subtract the anti spam line of reasoning. Id be curious to hear your thoughts about the rest of the discussion....

Ty

19 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

First, I apologize for being blunt..

The anologies in the first paragraph are wrong.

A. Did you raise the cow, butcher it, wrap it and then determine a fair market price? No. You bought it. Did you cook it on a campfire you built or a stove someone else built and you bought?

B. Ive had girlfriends "reward" me a great deal for a delicious home cooked meal, if you know what i mean lol..? Another example,.. ever just bring your spouse a present ie flowers, jewelry or her favorite snack just  because?..

C. Ever made a deal after dinner?.. "Ok I cooked so you do the dishes, Sally help your mom and Timmy you take out the trash"..."What do you mean NO Timmy?..Ok no allowance and your grounded"...

Etc etc etc. If time equals money then money equals time...

More importantly though ,i say its irrelevant, because the topic at hand is video game mechanics, not social customs. Your comparing apples to oranges.

So regarding the specific mechanic in this thread.. Gold as a ship material

You are not required to build a shipyard AT ALL OR gather the materials OR pay the gold. For example i built a shipyard but guess what, I'm not going to use it because my friend has a much better one. Same thing in companies maybe you built the shipyard but i built the base and a farm. Also Billly tamed some bears, Jimmy killed the snakes, Wendy crafted some armor, Larry was placing the farmhouses while Sam was hauling resources. Theoretically you can pillage and plunder without EVER having gathered a single coin... The whole time this was going on Billy bob and I were treasure diving. Then some of us slap out some sloops take our company bears and go mapping. You built a whaling sloop. The company then makes decisions, do we pool our resources? Everyone for themselves? Little of both maybe since Larry plays 14 hours a day but Billy is back playing Ark?... THAT is why many people I've been playing with this season actually like this barrier... Because the people who produce value for those around them and act as team players wind up getting a piece of the pie and those who only act in words but not deeds wind up either

A Getting their act together and producing value

or

B Standing in a more appropriate place in line

I'm confident that the devs struggled with this decision before implementing it, but they probably realized, that the fact is owning a premium ship isn't for everyone.

Thats also where it begins to create an economy, both in gold AND in barter.

We'll use me as an example. 1 person sold me 2 bears and a lion for 1250 we haggled a bit but things went ok. Later bought 2 more in a trade. Couple days later i helped 2 neighbors, they GAVE me a premium bear and we put all our maps in  a pile and pulled in ~30k.

I already owned 2 schooners and had 17k stockpiled premapping. Post mapping i was over 30k from whaling, market and mapping. My neighbors very nice. Really, really, REALLY wants a gally. Me, I'm not sure if i want a brig or a gally, schooners suit me fine. He still needed ~10k for his gally and i offered it to him. He declined. Did 2 more maps, i got prints let him keep my share ~2k. He made it and got his galleon. As he breeds bears hes going to let me imprint some for myself now... Economy of barter

So now im second guessing, maybe i will upgrade to a Brig.... Well Im solo I don't need 2 schooners AND a Brig. So what do i do w the extra schooner?... I could sell it, i mean shoot i paid 5k for it. Should be able to get 3k. Maybe more..... Maybe less... Either way it enhances the gold economy. Come to think of it maybe I'll ask @Gomez Addams if he wants it to augment his "bearcraft carrier" 🤣 lol

Pretty soon ya might be abe to pick up a used brig for 5 or 10k

Maybe they're listening to what you want and doing their best for everyone involved. Furthermore if the devs are attempting to reduce spam then Im behind them 100%. Spam is ugly and exasperates lag issues.

first off: if you accuse me of comparinng apples with oranges then don't throw in grapefruites. buying groceries to cook is compareable to farming mats for whatever, shipyard or ship and what your friends do to you after the dinner, well that's up to them.

And of course we're talking about some mechanics in a computer game but even those are based on every day experiences. without those experiecenes we or the devs would have no measure to anything. and the players who play a game based on ideas some doped up crew came up with might experience what Jackson Pollock felt when he sprinkled paint over canvas. that might be a blast but i assume a lot of players won't think so. Especially not when the game gets sold as a pirate game.

That's the next point that is false. from the given experiences pirates took and didn't trade. sure they did to some extent but they for sure didn't buy a ship but, if at all, built their own. Rather than that they took a ship from whoever. I admit that most of the stuf we know about pirates derives from movies or tv shows. I actually know the story of a german pirate who most likely wasn't a trader. He captured ships of the Hanse and gave gave his booty to the poor, Robin Hood style.

Paying for ships renders a great portion of the game useless and also it causes a lot of imbalance. when gold comes into effect to determine the quality of a ship then bigger companies again have the chance to get bigger and better ships faster than smaller ones. the more an economy is based on money/gold the more imbalanced it gets.

I don't buy tames in Atlas. also i never got tempted to do so as i was the tamer on the cluster i played on. I never bought a tame in ARK either. No offense though but buying stuff from other players just takes the fun from the game, at least for me. A vivid trade of resources is a different thing though. Being in need for a different type of wood for a better ship i'd trade it for the wood i can gather.  Gold ruins it.

When the devs come up with these stupid changes and take the basics from the game then i'm gone for good. so far every now anf then i checked back on Atlas and even with the ship costs right now (which we actually turned off running a mod) the game still is what it once was: fun exploring and getting your company going. Buying ships and only that ruins the game and it entails more than what you did think of, i assume.

so long

Edited by Ucan_Kizmiaz
wrong wording

38 minutes ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

first off: if you accuse me of comparinng apples with oranges then don't throw in grapefruites.

🤣 That opener was quite witty.

You closed with "so long"... That means youd like to end this discussion and agree to disagree, correct?

Edited by Ranger1k
Typo

3 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

🤣 That opener was quite witty.

You closed with "so long"... That means youd like to end this discussion and agree to disagree, correct?

i for sure agree to disagree but the discussion could go on. Actually endlessly as  the two of us are  of opposed opinions and the devs do what they want anyways 😉

p.s.:   so long was meant as 'til then. my misconception of 'so long' 😉

Edited by Ucan_Kizmiaz
addition

3 hours ago, ATLAS said:

Ahoy Pathfinders!

We hope you’ve all enjoyed the 2x event over the Thanksgiving Weekend! This week, we have a bit of a smaller maintenance patch, with the Small Armored Dock now available!

Small Armored Docks, for Schooners and Sloops, will have 20,000,000 health. We are also beefing up the Large Armored Dock to 30,000,000 health. Gold upkeep has been lowered to 150 a day, while Small Armored Docks will have an upkeep of 50 a day. We have also made a number of changes and bug fixes to balance and improve the Armored Docks. Rest easy knowing yer furry companions are safe onboard your protected Ships!

Development and optimization work for the Trade System continues! We have made improvements to the Market UI for Market Searching. Most importantly, we have addressed several server issues to improve performance and latency. Thank you for your feedback and bug reporting as the Trade System continues to undergo development. Again, not all features of the Trade System, including the NPC Ships, are out yet. Subsequent patches will continue to see more and more improvements and fixes. Missing resources and new items are now available for Trade as well! Anyone got any Ale or Grog? We’re stockin’ up fer a new adventure as the Ramming Ship is getting closer to making its debut on the ATLAS seas! Look out for it in the nearby future 😉

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

V516.2

New Structure: Small Armored Dock
The Small Armored Dock is suitable for protecting Schooners and Sloops. It can be crafted at a Smithy after learning the Intermediate Shipwright Skill in the Seamanship tree

Large Armored Dock

• Increased health from 300,000 to 30,000,000
  • Bug Fix: Armored Docks can now only protect one ship at a time
  • Bug Fix: Ships are no longer protected after an Armored Dock is destroyed
  • Bug Fix: Protected ships will no longer decay. This prevents an issue where protected ships instantly sink when raising their anchor after a long period of time

Ships

• Brigantine price decreased from 25,000 to 18,000 Gold
  • Increased max level of common ships from 42 to 50
    • NOTE: This change only applies to ships built after the patch

Trade

• Markets Searching now returns a paged list instead of all Markets. This should clear up the performance hit on the server when someone opens a Market
  • Added new resource types for Trading:
    • Rushes (missing from Thatch)
    • Oil Category and variants
    • Salt Category and variants
  • Consumables:
    • Wheat
    • Maize
    • Ale
    • Grog
  • Others
    • Cannon Balls
    • Large Cannon Balls
    • Gunpowder
    • Fire Gel
    • Blasting Powder
    • Organic Paste
    • Fertilizer
  • Bug Fix: Addressed several server issues that led to increased latency
  • Bug Fix: Trade Routes are now correctly calculating distance when the shortest path wraps around the map border
  • Bug Fix: Disconnected Markets are no longer shown as candidates in the Market List

Misc

• Warehouses and Farmhouses can now only be enabled or disabled by players within the same company
  • Restored XP reward to standard Golden Age Army of the Damned Soldiers
    • NOTE: Golden Age Army of the Damned Soldiers in caves still don't reward XP
  • Bug Fix: Treasure will no longer spawn on Sea Forts

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support

View full article

1 hour ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

i for sure agree to disagree but the discussion could go on. Actually endlessly as  the two of us are  of opposed opinions and the devs do what they want anyways 😉

@Ucan_Kizmiaz

If the devs don't listen and do what they want then why are there all these bug fixes?

They must have listened to SOMEBODY regarding a BUG

Why did they increase Armored Dock HP from 300,000 to 30,000,0000?

Why did they decrease the cost of a Brig by 7k?

Why add QoL fixes to the market?

I could go on but the point isn't to be a jerk to ya. The point is to try to politely point out that your mistaken.

Take care

11 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

@Ucan_Kizmiaz

If the devs don't listen and do what they want then why are there all these bug fixes?

They must have listened to SOMEBODY regarding a BUG

Why did they increase Armored Dock HP from 300,000 to 30,000,0000?

Why did they decrease the cost of a Brig by 7k?

Why add QoL fixes to the market?

I could go on but the point isn't to be a jerk to ya. The point is to try to politely point out that your mistaken.

Take care

they're throwing you a bone and you're going for it. bug fixes have been overdue and changing the costs for a brig ain't a fix but at all. I mentioned it in some other post that i played since day one and my trust into the devs' actions tends towards zero. seeing this fact positively you might say it tends to zero from the left side of the scale.

just wait for the big changes they announced