Ranger1k

Trade routes blank

The bottom left window in my market is blank.

When i try to accept trade requests i get a message stating that I'm maxed out on trade routes..

Anyone/ everyone in the same situation?

I have seen this as well, I think devs are still tweaking. Replacement of market seems to resolve it, just keep the warehouse running stay under your limits of trades and try not to duplicate.

@UnderTaker905

Try in this order.

Find someone in your grid to set up an exclusive trade agreement with

Agree to 1 for 1 of exact same resource,  multiple trades even but ALL 1 for MATCHING. Cotton for cotton for example.

Demo and rebuild again 😒 both of ya

Set it to PRIVATE immediately.

Contact your exclusive trade partner,  one of you quickly go public, set up the route then go back to private quickly.

Give it a bit to start trading, then dont touch it if its working

Friends and i been running pretty solid. We're operating under the assumption that route spam requests glitch out the market. Been averaging about 2k a day plus lots of rewards. Rebuilt Market ~5 times 😒 but its finally solid.

Hope it helps dood

If anyone else has ANY other feedback it would be appreciated.

Oh one last thing, if your trading w an ally i think, i may be wrong,  but i think income is reduced 50%

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

That is definitely something worth considering, @Ranger1k ... I hope it's something the dev team can fix soon, at least for the same grid trades we're restricted to.

Devs: IF you're actually taking the time to read forums (snicker) consider the post above in your testing sessions.

10 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

If anyone else has ANY other feedback it would be appreciated.

In the last 2 weeks i had an active Market with one or two routes (dont know why, never had 3 or more routes at the same time), in Lawless grid. As i saw, my and my partners income was 100-120 gold / hour / partner.

We talked about the offers in the grid chat, so we set up offers with same input and output. Strognwood for strongwood, copper for copper, granite for granite, etc. - we had no other choice with the actual trade limitation (working for same grid only, set by the devs, we all have same goods). We both had public market, not private.

As we noticed, the important thigs are:

- same input, same output - well, you do this for gold at the moment, not for resources

- same ratio in both side, 1:1 working well

- same input/output means you will no run out for resource, because you sent 1300 strongwood and you will get back 1300(ish) strongwood. In some cases random event came (fire on board, mutiny, captain gambling away the goods, etc) and you will loose your goods, but if you start trading 100k resources, that will last long enough.

- Usually after 2-3 days our trades always stopped. We had still an "accepted" route, we had enough resources, we didnt go beyond the 8 trade route limit, but still, the system stopped working. In these cases we had to destroy the market structure, redeploy it and set up again the offers and send/accept a request. After that, everything worked again for 2-3 days.

- Looks like its important, to set up offers first in your "right side panel", then accepts offers or send request in the left panel. Maybe im wrong and this was only unfortunatly accident, but when we both modified the offers with an active trade routes with active ships, the whole trade system soon stopped working. If we didnt modify the routes and the first offers, then it was working for days.

Edited by PiszkosFred
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, PiszkosFred said:

In the last 2 weeks i had an active Market with one or two routes (dont know why, never had 3 or more routes at the same time), in Lawless grid. As i saw, my and my partners income was 100-120 gold / hour / par

- Looks like its important, to set up offers first in your "right side panel", then accepts offers or send request in the left panel. Maybe im wrong and this was only unfortunatly accident, but when we both modified the offers with an active trade routes with active ships, the whole trade system soon stopped working. If we didnt modify the routes and the first offers, then it was working for days.

I forgot that, your right, we made sure to have all trades prepped BEFORE connecting the routes.

Also yes we did a 3way invite loop. I invited a neighbor, neighbor invited a friend, then friend invited me.  This yielded 2 routes for all 3 participants.

I strongly suggest you keep the markets set to private for 2 reasons

A reduce general traffic/ noise/ spam/ lag generated by your markets

B Reduce the load on the market "file" when 800 people send you requests

Thought of a few other caveats.

All 3 participants were on console

My Warehouse ran out of fuel, i restocked it and things returned to normal shortly after...  Lol derp

Edited by Ranger1k
Caveates
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

I strongly suggest you keep the markets set to private for 2 reasons

A reduce general traffic/ noise/ spam/ lag generated by your markets

B Reduce the load on the market "file" when 800 people send you requests

Ok, thanks, i will set private when the partners are online, so we can correct if need. Probably when the system will use more grid than the local one, that will help reduce the lag a lot, youre right. Atm, my grid we have only a 8-10 warehouse only, but the ping is alwas 220-255, unplayable and with rubberbanding, the sailing is off the table too.

• Like 1

Good luck

If the ping is consistently bad for everyone ya could try a bug report. Maybe theyll have a quick fix or they can put it on their list for review.

Take care

All of my trade routes were gone today. I could not add any. So, I demoed, went private, then could add back some routes. Resent invite, Valentine.

Edited by Darkwave

I would need more info to assist.

Does it show connected to warehouse?

Is it near the shoreline?

Clear, unobstructed view of ocean?

You clicked the button to search for routes?

Do you have any company members/ friends who can assist on site using chat?

How log has it not been working?,... Did it ever work?...pvP or pve?

Etc

Edited by Ranger1k

3 hours ago, Darkwave said:

Resent invite, Valentine.

Yeah, i saw. I accepted again the offer at this morning (2 hours ago) and as i saw, it started working (with granites) again. Dont know why, but for time to time we need destroy and redeploy the markets and offers. Lets hope it will last a few days again.

• Like 2

the whole Markets system seems to be a bit of a farce, I have three separate markets running (with support infrastructure) in two zones (I know two of my markets are in the same zone. Worse they are on the same island) but I don't seem to be able to get more than three separate trade routes to work.

I must have visited and scouted at least 50 islands before I finally found one where I could fit in a Farm, warehouse and market combo to make my second setup. 

I have no working routes on my independent island although I have a list of five accepted routes. (this was my main which worked great till the restart the other day)

The two markets together just trade with each other and both are suppose to trade with two other islanders. I know that sounds like 6 but I would argue it actually represents 3 trade routes,  as I have reviewed the logs and have seen only traffic from one independent on each of the markets as well as the two markets trading together are actually working.

I initially wondered if the Main island routes are all to people who don't know how to set up the trades. But after talking to a few of them I realise they seem to have set them up correctly and like I say they worked before the restart.

I really hope the trade route limits are per market and not per user account. As this would make no sense at all.

The idea of a game is to reward people who play it, not to limit everyone down to the lowest common denominator; so that a person who just plays for one hour a day with one market gets the same income as someone who spends 8 hours a day expanding their empires across multiple markets.

This is just not realistic or fair. At the end of the day any game must hold the attention of its player and if the players feel they are achieving nothing by spending longer hours on the game; then they are going to play less, till they stop playing and they are certainly not going to recommend the game to their friends.   

Even in PvE players are still competing against each other and if the games reward system (Gold, possession and achievements) is broken, is unfair or has been applied in a badly conceived manner it can seriously effect the longevity of the game and ultimately its popularity.

This game has the potential to be one of the best out there, it just needs the developers to start thinking. Even if they tried to put themselves in the place of the players (ie try playing the game) they would be able to see how their decision impact the player before they enact their decisions.