Sign in to follow this  
Faerdraug

So, what now?

So, 4 friends decided to give a go to that new game that seemed nice... We hit some serious troubles at first, being barely able to play for two days, then we managed to get things going, sailed over lawless lands, settled down and decided to build a Brigantine. It took us three days of hard work, 14 hours a day at least but we managed to get it done, how proud were we !!

Then we saw the first ghost ship coming to the very shore and starting to shoot everything in range... We thought it would be a damn good time to leave, so we did.

We took the sea, come across WAY TOO MANY ghost ships, barely made it out. We thought it would be a good idea to head to a Freeport, that we would be safe from the ghost ships, so we did...

This morning, i log in, i'm not dead but floating in the water, with shipwrecks all around. Seems like there is NO safe territory, nowhere, ever !

So, i guess PvE or PvP doesn't change much for this game, you can't play it and have a life, heck you can't play it and yet live, cause you even can't sleep...

Now i'm asking, devs, moderators, can we hope to get our ship and stuff back, cause we won't bother do what we did once again?

You did wrong, very wrong and ruined your game experience for a lot of people, now you have to fix it.

20181228114136_1.jpg

• Like 1

I have bad news, it was probably the Freeport that killed you. Freeports have rapid hull degredation, even when anchored, to discourage people clogging them up as a safe haven overnight. You can chill there for hours, but an overnight stay, especially if your ship was already beaten up and hadn't been repaired fully would likely be fatal

Edited by RyuujinZERO

3 minutes ago, RyuujinZERO said:

I have bad news, it was probably the Freeport that killed you. Freeports have rapid hull degredation, even when anchored, to discourage people clogging them up as a safe haven overnight. You can chill there for hours, but an overnight stay, especially if your ship was already beaten up and hadn't been repaired fully would likely be fatal

Well, that's maybe the case here, i don't know, but anyway how could we have known?

That's a PORT, and if you can't park ships in a port, well, what's the use of it?

Edited by Faerdraug
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Faerdraug said:

Well, that's maybe the case here, i don't know, but anyway how could we have known?

That's a PORT, and if you can't park ships in a port, well, what's the use of it?

Good measure for pvp but worthless for Pve

Yep, its a week old. look at the patches that have come out.

Its also early access, we all signed up to bugs and frustration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Staceh said:

Yes bugs but a topic thats been constantly brought up. I was getting fed up with the constant wildlife but i was using early access as a pass. But hours spent and wasted ships gone land stolen Its officially unplayable unless you like ports or lawless.

Its not, I lost multiple rafts, a pair of sloops, I've died an untold amount of time.

Yet I now have a house on a island, a raft/dinghy, I have access to all the basic materials, and will be starting a shipbuilding enterprise very shortly.

Like ark where in the first day I got eaten more than I punched tree's, you just gotta grab hold of your boys and crack on.

14 minutes ago, Staceh said:

We signed up to some extent, agreed there.

But when the devs make a huge mistake that geopardize that whole game balance and ruins thousands of players game experience and three days of work on a whim, i cannot agree with this anymore. 

We have been having a lot of troubles in the past days with stuff disappering, connection issues, connection losses, ressources shortage, lack of land, and countless others, you never head me whine about those, now, it's just way too much for us to cope...

Edited by Faerdraug

We signed up totally to early access, its clearly on the front page.

What about the thousands that have just got on with it, like myself and my crew, are we to be penalized because others cannot knuckle down and crack on.

Personally, I see it as a challenge, I like hard games and this game is brutal.  I'm saving PVP for a little further down the line when the game is in a better place, for now the challenge of PVE and learning the mechanics is enough.

Bottom line is, nobody forced you to buy it, nobody forces you to play it, if you don't want to wait for enhancements and fixes, then please go play a bug free game (Honestly, is there such a thing?).