Sign in to follow this  
Padwah

Warehouse

I’m a solo player I’ve pve and cannot for the life of me find a place to put a warehouse. Which means I cannot get to trading which means I cannot earn the amounts of gold required to build a ship. Something seriously needs to be done about this ASAP smaller companies and solo players are going to find it almost impossible to play the game and have fun. 
limit them to amount per player per island or something like that.

please 

• Like 1

I understand the issue mate, however, you can still earn gold by diving (diving attachment + oil) from a sloop for sunken treasures. You can also tame a couple bears and start doing a lot of common quality maps, and maybe green maps (depending on the bears' health). It takes maybe a few days / a week, depending on how much playtime you have, but is quite doable, to get a schooner. Best of luck. That said, I agree there should be a limit to amount of farmhouses,  especially on lawless etc. Cheers. 

• Like 1

Not saying I don’t agree with you it can be done other ways, but all this is achieving is making the bigger companies more powerful and taking up more island space and resources leaving smaller companies and solo players having to do it the hard way 

• Like 1

I totally agree with OP but you should know that I have 4 farms in G4 lawless connected to a warehouse connected to a market with 8 active trade routes within my grid with custom preferences set one to one to match what they have set up in their markets and so far it has amounted to JACK SQUAT. It’s broken and sad so don’t feel bad. They will wipe again soon then you can try again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NoobieDooz said:

I understand the issue mate, however, you can still earn gold by diving (diving attachment + oil) from a sloop for sunken treasures. You can also tame a couple bears and start doing a lot of common quality maps, and maybe green maps (depending on the bears' health). It takes maybe a few days / a week, depending on how much playtime you have, but is quite doable, to get a schooner. Best of luck. That said, I agree there should be a limit to amount of farmhouses,  especially on lawless etc. Cheers. 

Are you a fool?
The first person to play the game on the official server is making a collection of gold coins from Brigantine's belly?

Yes? You're a fool.
Why do we have to limit what we can do in the game?
Keep in mind that the trade content and the gold coins on the ship were designed by someone as incompetent and lousy as begging for money on the street.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

I totally agree with OP but you should know that I have 4 farms in G4 lawless connected to a warehouse connected to a market with 8 active trade routes within my grid with custom preferences set one to one to match what they have set up in their markets and so far it has amounted to JACK SQUAT. It’s broken and sad so don’t feel bad. They will wipe again soon then you can try again.

First, i had to google what "JACK SQUAT" means - i learned a new expression, ty 🙂

I have a market+warehouse combo, i set up some a few trade routes - with you too (im still from The Valentines) - and then nothing happened for a week. No ship, no income, nothing. Then last night it started working. How? Dont know, but maybe caused by that i deleted almost every offer, i reconnected the warehouse and suspended/unsuspended the whole bunch. Then i set up only a few offer with same input and output. For example strongwood for strongwood, with 1:1 ratio, Fronds for Fronds, etc. (because of the same grid limitation), then i logged out.

After i logged in this morning during my cafee time, there was 500+ gold in my warehouse (with few cannon balls (200), with a 4 fertilized parrot eggs and with some random stuff (10-20 piece random wood, stone, etc) - probably got them from some random "event" of the market ship's journey). As i saw the log, in every 5 mins a new ship started to another market with 1700 strongwood for 1700 strongwood in return. This gave me sometimes 1 gold, sometimes 9 gold, etc. / trade.

500 gold is almost nothing in these days in Atlas. You cant do anything with that ammount (okay, you can hire some sailor to your sloop(s), but nothing more), and from 2-3 wrecks you got the same ammount of gold in a half hour. But as passive income, well, it can come handy anytime.

I agree with you, this game and its mechanics is so broken, so untested, so messy... I never saw or experienced anything like this. The only thing keep me in the game is designing and building a ship. But, in this season they took away this aspect, not completly, but they made it hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you @PiszkosFredfor the update! I will check the trade routes I have and demolish then remake the market if I have to. I really do want it to work. The devs just have to figure out how to make sure every company can have one on PVE.

• Like 1

That would be after they figure out how to make sure that the game works in PVP. It may sound easy, to make sure every company in PVE has a warehouse, you know, you just type in a few things in the computer and it works, but typing and making sure is difficult.

3 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

The devs just have to figure out how to make sure every company can have one on PVE.

Crazy idea... remove farmhouses and markets, theb combine all the functions into the warehouse.

Give the warehouse the ability to farm ALL resource types on the island at the speed of 2 stone farmhouses.

Limit the warehouse to either 1 per company per island or 1 per company per grid.

Think that about covers it and kills the farmhouse spam to boot.

• Like 3

On 11/23/2020 at 1:31 AM, Padwah said:

I’m a solo player I’ve pve and cannot for the life of me find a place to put a warehouse

please 

1 hour ago, Gindorf said:

Limit the warehouse to either 1 per company per island or 1 per company per grid.

Limit everything to 1 per company per island per grid per beautiful person who funded this early access game

28 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

Why can’t you be in charge?  😁

Why can someone be not in charge?

Edited by eeeceee
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Limit everything to 1 per company per island per grid per beautiful person who funded this early access game

Because then the solos and small companies would complain about megas having 50+ warehouses on every island?

• Like 1

Yeah totally, 1 per company is something that solos and small companies complain about because mega (company) have 1 per company also

Sheesh. PVE players stop complaining please?

Edited by eeeceee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2020 at 8:31 AM, Padwah said:

I’m a solo player I’ve pve and cannot for the life of me find a place to put a warehouse. Which means I cannot get to trading which means I cannot earn the amounts of gold required to build a ship. Something seriously needs to be done about this ASAP smaller companies and solo players are going to find it almost impossible to play the game and have fun. 
limit them to amount per player per island or something like that.

please 

I couldn't put a warehouse down either. So I had to steal from some farms, make a shack, go gather a few things form another island. Then I built come cannons and cannon balls and blew up all the shit blocking me. Now I have a warehouse.

You see, the solution to your problem does in fact exist in the game. You are refusing to acknowledge it. 

Normally this is where I start bashing you for playing PvE and wanting/needing PvP,  because it is a PvP game and not a PvE game. You can tell by your lack of options you currently have to pirate people, while playing as a pirate.

However, there is still a solution I think. Here is what I would do. Build a giant structure around this other warehouse. Its possible you cant roof it in 100%, so build the walls as high as you can and as much roof as possible to prevent grappling hook and climbing picks as viable options. Now the owner cannot place another one or access the one he has. You have to be patient, and hope this other person gets mad and quits or leaves. If done right you can watch the decay timer and place your own when the other one pops. Sadly what took me 2 hours will take you many weeks likely, but three you have it. GL, hope to see you on PvP, where it is certainly not impossible for solos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 2 cents...

1 per company solutions will NOT fix warehouse problems... Large companies will just sub-divide or use alt accounts.

Right now I'm leaning towards just getting rid of the exclusion radius and combine the farmhouse, market and warehouse, as others and myself have suggested.

Also, eliminating PvE is a terrible idea.

1. Gives noobs an easier way to learn the game before POSSIBLY switching to PvP

2.Not all people enjoy fighting other players, however, they enjoy many of the other features of this mmo. Like my kids, sometimes I'll give them a $100 toy and they wind up having more fun playing w the box it came in. Different people have different tastes. Quit baggin on people just because they're not having fun the way YOU think they should...

3. It's bad busness to eliminate an entire audience for your product unless its losing money.

Have a good day y'all

Yeah, it would be much simpler, and more efficient, to just for an upgrade path. Farmhouse->warehouse->market.

The PvE/PvP bickering is pointless. Some people enjoy the exploration/taming/building and don't want to fight with other players. Trying to wrongfun someone accomplishes nothing.

As I've said before, they want the pvp route cos it's easier, you don't have to keep adding shed loadsa content to keep people interested, like you do with pve. That was obvious when we asked for more interior furnishings for housing and they blatantly admitted they had no plans to do it. I mean who the hell wants the inside of a building to be an empty square block in pve? Where as if you are hardcore pvp that prob won't bother you at all. Welcome to rust at sea.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

As I've said before, they want the pvp route cos it's easier, you don't have to keep adding shed loadsa content to keep people interested, like you do with pve. That was obvious when we asked for more interior furnishings for housing and they blatantly admitted they had no plans to do it. I mean who the hell wants the inside of a building to be an empty square block in pve? Where as if you are hardcore pvp that prob won't bother you at all. Welcome to rust at sea.

First off, love ya bro.

However PvP MMOs, especially hardcore ones, suffer from a paradoxical flaw. That being the wolves and sheep dilemma. Unless fresh sheep are constantly brought in somehow, the wolves eat all the sheep then the game dies. Its happened to the VAST majority of hardcore pvpmmos. Unless some type of balancing mechanism is introduced this IS what happens. Period. So content updates ARE required still... Ark DLC anyone?..🙄

Also you cited someone (the devs?) saying no plans for interior furnishings. Which devs? The 40k per server devs? The creators of the old roadmap? Sorry if I'm sounding like a smartass, i assure that my intention isn't to insult, i reserve that for eeecee 😁. Most recent patch notes indicate lots of changes and plans evolving..

Also "easier" is a relative term. If we define easier as less work, sure maybe. However i would take it a step further and say taking the easier route will also make less money AND result in a less enjoyable game. Case and point Conan, it has what, about 10+ dlcs, mostly cosmetic crap. I don't even like the game really but they've milked me for probably over $100 bucks.

Last thing, i don't think you actually refuted a single point i made.

Sorry to debate ya dood but i think your mistaken, time will tell.

7 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

However, there is still a solution I think. Here is what I would do. Build a giant structure around this other warehouse. Its possible you cant roof it in 100%, so build the walls as high as you can and as much roof as possible to prevent grappling hook and climbing picks as viable options. Now the owner cannot place another one or access the one he has. You have to be patient, and hope this other person gets mad and quits or leaves. If done right you can watch the decay timer and place your own when the other one pops. Sadly what took me 2 hours will take you many weeks likely, but three you have it. GL, hope to see you on PvP, where it is certainly not impossible for solos.

LoL 😂 Full roof required or they can glide in... LoL

🤣

Sidenote i also successfully soloed PvP, although I'll admit I did it as a settler.

To OP @Padwah , check around in a week or 2, people have short attention spans, there will be some decayed stuff around. Also, worst case scenario join someones company till then, I wouldn't know half the tricks I know if i hadn't joined a company here and there... Just set aside a little hidden PIN CODED box and set aside a reasonable portion of your earnings... 

Well I played conan from release and still do, although the game crashed and never reloaded in steam for me.I play xbox now, and it is pants in comparism. To add insult to injury, at the time I was the longest lasting player on that server too! Conan pvp is just a damn grief fest, I built a massive double structured castle, and someone destroyed it just for the hell of it one night, because I didn't lick their butts on chat like everyone else did cos they were a massive tribe. And also, like you said you bought all the cosmetics, and so have most of the players on pve. I didn't btw. not any. I think Atlas are gonna lose money down the pvp route. And rust at sea does seem to be what they want for some unfathomable reason. That's if the game ever gets finished at all. Looking at their track record, I seriously doubt if it will ever leave early access. I love dark and light, but 3 years later still ea. Outlaws of the old west still ea.

14 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

1 per company solutions will NOT fix warehouse problems... Large companies will just sub-divide or use alt accounts.

Unless your going to ban folks for that, theres nothing you can do to avoid such gameplay. But of you get rid of the exclusion zone, does it really matter/impact anyone elses gameplay?

7 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

To OP @Padwah , check around in a week or 2, people have short attention spans, there will be some decayed stuff around.

Farmhouse iirc have a 20day decay, warehouses are 40 and markets are 60. (Which is insane btw, almost as bad as fucking 20day signs)

My money would be a on wipe before the 1st market decays.

Edited by Gindorf
  • Haha 1

Here’s an update for lawless PVE. The warehouses and markets are working fine. I am making lots of gold and exotic resources without doing anything. Every few minutes a shipment leaves or arrives. I can now just sit on the beach and enjoy the sun. Someday I might go fight something but in the meantime I will just grow some food and bake a pie.The key was destroying the market and rebuilding it. Make sure you limit your trade routes to 8.